News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

MechaKnifehead

Started by MechaKnifehead, April 01, 2015, 08:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MechaKnifehead

Quote from: Gwangi on April 01, 2015, 07:13:20 PM
I've always found it funny how these REBOR arguments tend to have new members crawling out of the woodwork to defend them and insult this community as a whole (not just offending members themselves, the entire forum). Where were all these new members prior? How come they never introduce themselves or share their collection?
Introduce myself?  Why not?  I'm MechaKnifehead here...  Justin Weinzierl almost everywhere else.  I'm a 32 year old lifelong dinosaur and Godzilla fan from Connecticut and I collect action figures.  My hobbies include the aforementioned collecting, watching SciFi/Horror films, Working out, and customizing action figures.  I have a super articulated Kaiju collector group on Facebook that I'm admin of with almost 800 members.

My main collection is Godzilla and Pacific Rim action figures. Dinosaurs are a very small part of that collection. I plan on expanding with some Rebor figures in the future.

Here's some of my new WS dinosaurs since I have to prove I'm a person with a collection, right?

Some of you may remember me as RedZillaKing from TK.  Here is some of my custom work.

Repainted 6" NECA Godzilla 2014

NECA battle Damaged Scunner (added burned flesh and a slot for the chain sword that allows jaw movement)

And if that doesn't prove I'm not a Rebor shill well...  I already put WAY too much effort into this off topic post. 

DinoToyForum

Thank you for the introduction and welcome to the forum. :)

Dinomike

Cool repaints and great models! Sorry about your bad first experiences with the forum. My experience here has always been a good one and I hope you will make it good for you as well! Anyway - welcome to the forum!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Dinomike on April 01, 2015, 10:28:16 PM
Cool repaints and great models! Sorry about your bad first experiences with the forum. My experience here has always been a good one and I hope you will make it good for you as well! Anyway - welcome to the forum!
I see you landed the WS Nasutoceratops and Sauropelta.....those are some stunning figures you got. I keep comparing the sauropelta to the fossil material in the paper and its just incredible how well the two match. Nice models.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

laticauda

Hi, and welcome to the forum.  :)

MechaKnifehead

Well hi all.  I didn't know we got our own intro topic lol.  Anyhow thanks for the better official introduction.  I plan to continue to be nuts about WS AND Rebor models in the future.  And yeah, the Sauropelta is phenomenal.  It seems like WS uppes the ante every year.  Nasutoceratops almost touches Papo with its sculptural detail.

Oh and for any wandering Pacific Rim fans, here's how the chain sword fits:

Yutyrannus

I'm sorry you didn't have a very warm welcome here, but unfortunately your timing wasn't quite the best because REBOR does seem to have sent people to sign up on this forum just to support them :-[. Anyways, welcome to this forum, and know that normally it is a very welcoming and fun forum to be on :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Gwangi

We really don't know that REBOR is sending people here, it's just a hypothesis formed by a few of the members. There are some odd coincidences for sure but I hesitate to accept that REBOR would stoop that low and we really don't have any real evidence for it.

But that's not talk about that here, welcome to the site Mecha. Huge kaiju and "Pacific Rim" fan here too, although I don't collect the models I can certainly appreciate your collection. I have no problem if people want to defend REBOR, I just don't understand why new members show up exclusively to do it.

sauroid

hi and welcome. awesome PR/kaijus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

Welcome to the forum im REBOR fans too  :D what fans do is love and defend our idol from anything, its an instinct  :P maybe mecha watching this forum as a guest and decide to make an account to give some opinion. So please dont be so suspicious  :)

MechaKnifehead

Precisely.  Been lurking here for the better part of a decade, actually.  It's alright, Gwangi made it clear elsewhere that he wasn't singling me out.  There does seem to be an unusual level of paranoia with some other members though. 

Jetoar

Welcome to DTF new friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.