You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Does any company makes a Shantungosaurus beside starlux or Kaiyodo?

Started by vaindioux, April 05, 2015, 09:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaindioux

Hi

I am surprised I can't find this dinosaur from companies like Safari, Schleich or Procon. I have the starlux, the Kaiyodo is probably too small. I would like a new release of it.

Thanks

Patrick

DinoLord

Hello and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I can't think of any additional Shantungosaurus figures from the ones you mentioned except this 1/72 figure from Shapeways. The Kaiyodo figure is really nice though; I would highly recommend it if you get a chance.

vaindioux

Thanks for the help, I just got back into collecting.

Patrick

tyrantqueen

Darren McDonald had a 1/20 Shantungo on eBay but the model did not sell well enough and was pulled from the listings. Shame :(

triceratops83

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 05, 2015, 09:31:40 PM
Darren McDonald had a 1/20 Shantungo on eBay but the model did not sell well enough and was pulled from the listings. Shame :(

Any pics of that? I'd love to know more about Darren McDonald's sculpts, from what I've seen he's up there with Shane Foulkes.

As for Shantungosaurus there's a Max Salas model (good luck....) and I think there's a Sega Dinosaur King?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: triceratops83 on April 06, 2015, 04:06:20 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 05, 2015, 09:31:40 PM

Any pics of that? I'd love to know more about Darren McDonald's sculpts, from what I've seen he's up there with Shane Foulkes.

As for Shantungosaurus there's a Max Salas model (good luck....) and I think there's a Sega Dinosaur King?
Unfortunately no. The seller was Mike Fredericks (pretimes on eBay) so if you're curious you could email him for more information. I don't think the kit is being sold though (although I could be wrong).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.