News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Micro surgery on a raptor

Started by Thagirion, April 29, 2012, 02:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thagirion

I have recently aquired after many years of searching a JP stuffed raptor.  But he had damage of one side of his face. I was aware of this and got him anyway because I figured I could fix him and the chances of finding another were so slim.  So yesterday I started to sew him up.

Micro surgery on a raptor 01 by Thagirion3, on Flickr

The worst was on his chin and a little over his eye. I'm not expert at sewing but I know enough to make it better than it was. If I did not thing it would only get worse. That blue string was already on him so I just left it.

Micro surgery on a raptor 02 by Thagirion3, on Flickr

So here he is done. Not bad. I used brown string. I wish I had done a better job at the start and it wasn't until part way I found my rhythem.  Regardless he's better and I don't have to worry about him getting worse now. I LOVE this raptor
Creation. Is an act of sheer WILL - John Hammond
*Thag's Journal * Thag's Flickr * Thag's Youtube *

Blade-of-the-Moon

I always wanted the Dilophosaur from that line..but never did get one.

Thagirion

Most of the stuffed toys in this line were well made.

CityRaptor

I have exactly that one. Currently sitting on my couch with Spider-Pig! Ist is somwhow rarer than the Raptor with the open mouth? Because I saw several of those, but only one like the the one I own back then in 1995.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2012, 05:17:35 PM
I always wanted the Dilophosaur from that line..but never did get one.

Same here, I'll have to look for one eventually.

Thagirion

City Raptor, I don't know about the open mouthed one. I know they made some that had plastic heads that I thought were terrible.  I just know this one is very rare.

CityRaptor

Well, putting a plastic head on a plush body indeed sucks. Fitting that I saw sucha toy of Aladar from Disney's Dinosaur, who also does suck.

As far as I know, there are three Raptors:
The one we have, an open-mouthed one in the same size, where the sickle claw is actually present and not just painted on. And a third, which is a samller version of the open-mouthed one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gryphoceratops

I have the dilophosaurus of that. 

Thagirion

What did you guys think of my attempt to fix him?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.