News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

hello everyone , new here (from Greece)

Started by tasosaurusGR, May 02, 2015, 08:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tasosaurusGR

Hello everyone,
my name is Tasos, I live in Athens and  I study logistics . Please excuse my bad engish  :-[ . It has been many years since I started collecting dinosaurs .At first I was  collecting only papo but i expanded my collection as soon as I found the forum and read about the other companys.My collection is not very big though because of other interests I have and also lack of money , space etc. In addition I have been drawing dinosaurs ever since I was little and recently tried to sculpt one too.I'm very excited to be a part of your community . These are some photos that i took yesterday in the forest :

DinoToyForum

Welcome! Nice dioramas! Hope you enter our diorama contest ;)

tasosaurusGR

thank you mr Admin . I thought they were not good enough for the contest :-\. I might upload more of them then :).

DinoToyForum

Quote from: tasosaurusGR on May 02, 2015, 08:42:29 PM
thank you mr Admin . I thought they were not good enough for the contest :-\. I might upload more of them then :).

The more contributors the merrier! But note that contest entries have to be never seen before so don't share potential contest entries here :)

I look forward to seeing more of your scenes!

Kayakasaurus

Welcome to the forum! I like your shots, they seem peaceful, if that makes sense. I'd love to see your dino sculpt
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Everything_Dinosaur

Really impressive prehistoric animal photographs - we to are also fans of CollectA models.  Super English by the way as well, better than our Greek.

tasosaurusGR

Thanx for your comments :D . I will try to take some photos of my sculpts but they are made with foam and DAS clay which were not the ideal materials(I could'nt find anything better at the time) . So here are some more photos I took yesterday and some older ones (with another comera).I hope you like them:

dinostampede

Hello and welcome to the forum! Very nice pics. A few of those look like the background could have been right from the Mesozoic.

tasosaurusGR

Thank you dinosampede :).Here are my foam monstrosities >:D

generic theropod

tiger shark

nothosaurus
They are not that good but I hope to make some better ones in the future :-X
Also this is an mb-cg concavenator (1:40) that I painted,drybrushed and made a base for it .

...and compaired to my hand

I hope you like it .Your comments and advice are wellcome.

Kayakasaurus

Cool! I like the shark a lot. Nice custom paint job as well. If you can get a better sculpting material I think you could make some really neat dinos

Arul

tasosaurusGR

Thank you kayakasaurus and ARUL for your kind comments ^-^.I have bought some super sculpey recently and tried to make a monolophosaurus but the armature that I made was not sturdy enough to withstand the weight of the clay.I stopped trying to fix it because the prosses was very time consuming and I had to study for the exams :-\.I havent tried anything for a couple of months.

Kayakasaurus

Well doing four legged creatures is always easier. If you're doing a bipedal dino though, you can have it lean on something or drill 2 holes into a piece of wood and then glue the wire armature legs into the holes. I've also found hot glue to be VERY useful. I would encourage you to try again when you get a chance  :)

Saurian

Soory,my English is poor

Pachyrhinosaurus

Welcome! I really like the paintjob on the conca, I never paid much attention to that one before, but it is really nice.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

tasosaurusGR

QuoteWell doing four legged creatures is always easier. If you're doing a bipedal dino though, you can have it lean on something or drill 2 holes into a piece of wood and then glue the wire armature legs into the holes. I've also found hot glue to be VERY useful. I would encourage you to try again when you get a chance  :)

Thanks for the advice.I think that next time I will try four legged creature or dinosaur head bust

Quotegreat photo !!! ;)

Thanks. :D

QuoteWelcome! I really like the paintjob on the conca, I never paid much attention to that one before, but it is really nice.
Thank you Pachirhinosaurus.The concavenator is FUD so it's got a lot of detail.

Tbolt

Kaili Mera! My wife is from Heraklion, and I am always impressed at how many Greek collectors there are on the various boards!

tasosaurusGR

QuoteKaili Mera! My wife is from Heraklion, and I am always impressed at how many Greek collectors there are on the various boards!

Καλημέρα ;D.I live in Athens but my parents also are from greek islands,Naxos and Hios.Have you ever visited Greece?

Tbolt

Quote from: tasosaurusGR on May 07, 2015, 06:15:42 PM
QuoteKaili Mera! My wife is from Heraklion, and I am always impressed at how many Greek collectors there are on the various boards!

Καλημέρα ;D.I live in Athens but my parents also are from greek islands,Naxos and Hios.Have you ever visited Greece?

I will be going for the first time in June. Looking forward to it!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: