News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

copper's paints

Started by copper, March 13, 2012, 05:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Please try to keep on topic. C:-)
I've split the off-topic discussion from this thread into a new thread: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,226.0.html

Horridus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 04, 2012, 11:25:03 AM
I've split the off-topic discussion from this thread into a new thread: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,226.0.html
I promise not to make tongue-in-cheek remarks about dialects of English again.

Or maybe I will, just to be a pest....
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

copper

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 04, 2012, 11:25:03 AM

thank you, dinotoyforum : )

Vermilion

I absolutely adore your hatzegopteryx! The colours are so much better than the bleak ones of the original version.

copper

styracosaurus (collecta), repainted
-color scheme from cmstudio's protoceratops: link (requested)
-commission

megaloceros (bullyland), repainted
-color scheme from this figure: link (requested)
-commission

ophthalmosaurus (krentz, the antediluvian collection)
-own piece

saichania (krentz, antediluvian collection)
-own piece

Weaver

Oh my goodness Copper, these are so cool! The Styracosaurus is beautiful. I love the new paint-job on it! The Opthamalosaurus is neat too.. it looks almost like whale skin. And the Saichania is great. The dark mottled blue-grey skin with the bone colored amour is really neat. And then you have that lovely red throat and just... I really like this. Well done and I can't wait to see more!

ZoPteryx

Wow!  Those are so cool!  The "scratchy" pattern on the Ophthalmosaurus reminds me of a beaked whale or a Risso's Dolphin!

Himmapaan

I can't decide which is my favourite of this latest batch! :D

postsaurischian

:D Oh, beautiful ones - 'n cute, too!
I'm loving the Ophthalmosaurus :).

copper

Quote from: Zopteryx on April 16, 2012, 12:31:26 AM
Wow!  Those are so cool!  The "scratchy" pattern on the Ophthalmosaurus reminds me of a beaked whale or a Risso's Dolphin!

you're on the right tracks, i used risso's dolphin as an inspiration for the ophthalmosaurus : )

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the Saichania..it looks like the color pattern of the Dino Rev Rex ..worked really well for all that boney armor ! ;D

Gryphoceratops

That saichania is so awesome!  I also love the base for the opthalmosaurus, nice and sandy. 

copper

thank you everyone!

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 16, 2012, 05:05:21 PM
I like the Saichania..it looks like the color pattern of the Dino Rev Rex ..worked really well for all that boney armor ! ;D

actually saichania's colors were based on few reptiles' colors  : )

amargasaurus cazaui

I wanted to ask you if you might contact me Copper, I wanted to talk some business with you, if you could please. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerzā€”Glenn Jepsen

copper

i happen to have lost photos of the finished pieces (unless they're on my old laptop) so both of the figures lack the matt / gloss varnish.
if i find the lost photos, i'll upload them here.

repainted carnotaurus (carnegie collection, safari ltd)
-colors based on cmstudio's carnotaurus: link (requested)
-commission

repainted pachyrhinosaurus (papo)
-colors based on this: link (requested)
-commission

Blade-of-the-Moon

Metallisuchus

Excellent color schemes! You couldn't have picked better colors. It's nice to see something in black, for once.

ZoPteryx

Bokisaurus

Amazing as always! Are those Rob's commission? If it is, it would be interesting to see your pachy next to the styraco (I repainted for him) ;)
You know, I was looking at that same image that the Carno scheme was based on. I was considering repainting my 2012 Safari Brachio that desing ;D

copper

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 06, 2012, 12:44:53 AM
Excellent color schemes! You couldn't have picked better colors. It's nice to see something in black, for once.

actually the customers chose the color schemes : )

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: