News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

copper's paints

Started by copper, March 13, 2012, 05:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copper

hey to everyone waiting for their pieces from me:

i'm sorry the paint jobs are prolonged. but can assure you i will do every one of them, i've never left any customer work unfinished.
i'm not as fast as other artists since this isn't my full time job, thou i totally wish it could be.
as my rehabilitating-job (because of my mental illness) with animals is ending soon, and as i consider myself quite talented in many areas, i've decided with the help of my mentors to try small self-employed entrepreneuring,
i will be selling my arts, crafts, and dinosaur related stuff too.

the point of this post was that between working, i'm painting dinosaurs and designing and making stuff to sell.
i hope all this text didin't sound like an excuse, because after all i enjoy painting and working with dinosaur models!

*orthocone*
-copper

postsaurischian

I'll press my thumbs for your 'little delivery service' ;).

As far as I'm concerned, every single piece by you was worth the wait!

copper

repainted psittacosaurus (carnegie collection)
-commission

Battatitan

Wow Copper, that is amazing! I really enjoy seeing your work, and you really inspire me to do my own; although, obviously it wouldn't be half as good. I love the way you've used slightly less natural colours (blues, oranges etc.) but still retaining the realism through the perfect blend of earthy and not-so-earthy colours.  ^-^
I like all your pieces but I have to say your Mastodonosaurus is one of my absolute favourites! I swear I just saw it move, it looks so real. I love the way you incorporate the orange as a display almost, just enough to attract attention yet not too much that it detracts from the natural amphibian texture.
Sorry this was a long post and sorry I haven't commented before: I find that strange as these are such masterful pieces. Thank you for making and showing them here for us to see.  :D

Whew.  ;D

Jetoar

Quote from: copper on August 25, 2012, 07:58:28 PM
-commission

Congratulations Copper. Your work is wonderfull. Why dont you write to Safari, Schleich or Bullyland to paint their models? You will have workwith them  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Fantastic work on the Psittacosaurus !

Balaur

Quote from: copper on August 25, 2012, 07:58:28 PM
-commission

Ah.. Ah... oh.... Oh... Wow... Beautiful! I can't describe just how amazing that is! Great job Copper!

mmfrankford

Nice, very realistic! I could see this animal with this color easily, I wish you painted for Safari also.

pylraster

You brought this Psittacosaur to life, even its eyes show that. Great work as always! Was this coated in matte varnish?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: pylraster on August 28, 2012, 08:37:24 AM
You brought this Psittacosaur to life, even its eyes show that. Great work as always! Was this coated in matte varnish?
I had always felt the Carnegie version, of this dinosaur, was sculpted well and then painted to look like an overgrown woodchuck. I think Copper proved that quite well with his self designed paint scheme. Amazing work Copper.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Metallisuchus

Copper turns water into wine once again - great work!

Bokisaurus

Wow , brilliant repaint as always! :)

tanystropheus

copper

Quote from: Jetoar on August 26, 2012, 02:32:04 PM
Congratulations Copper. Your work is wonderfull. Why dont you write to Safari, Schleich or Bullyland to paint their models? You will have workwith them  ^-^.

my answer is simple;   i just don't think the factory paint could copy successfully all hand painted details : )

copper

painted dilophosaurus resin piece (kaiyodo dinoland)
-commission

Jetoar

Amazing work! I think the same that before: You should work in a toy company  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

mmfrankford

ZoPteryx

copper

tyrannosaurus (1/72, white/strong/flexible-material, shapeways, krentz)
-comissioned
i hope i put the model details right..

styracosaurus (jonathan rader)
-commissioned

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: