News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Requests for Papo 2013: Step 1

Started by anchry6, May 01, 2012, 01:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchry6

Quote from: Horridus on May 01, 2012, 06:47:30 PM
Dimetrodon, because it's hard to get wrong.

I agree with you ... I fear many others (e.g. Dilophosaurus)

:D

ZoPteryx

Dilophosaurus: One of the few major JP dinos they haven't made yet.  I'd prefer no frill. ;D
Gallimimus: Same comment as above, and because there aren't any good ones widely available.
Shonisaurus: It'd be pretty hard to mess up an ichthyosaur (I probably would have said the same about mosasaurs though :-\), and it would be huge!

tanystropheus

-Dimetrodon
-Chasmosaurus
-Giganotosaurus

Sharptooth

1) Dilophosaurus (the JP version, frill or not i don't care as long as it's the perfect replica of the critter seen in the first JP)

2) Ceratosaurus (NOT the JP one  ::))

3) Dimetrodon (as Horridus said, it's hard to get wrong with this guy)

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

meoraptor

1. Majungasaurus
2. Coelophysis
3. Saurolophus

amanda

But....wouldn't their projects for the coming year already be decided? What's the lead time on this? For them to see the thread (and pay attention), choose a figure, design the figure, produce prototype, refine prototype, canst the production version....surely no submission here has a chance to be made within the next year or so. (And remember folks, this year's crop will be the last dino toye EVER, as the world is ending later this year.....)

anchry6

Quote from: amanda on May 03, 2012, 12:07:05 PM
But....wouldn't their projects for the coming year already be decided? What's the lead time on this? For them to see the thread (and pay attention), choose a figure, design the figure, produce prototype, refine prototype, canst the production version....surely no submission here has a chance to be made within the next year or so. (And remember folks, this year's crop will be the last dino toye EVER, as the world is ending later this year.....)

Thanks for reporting ... I thought that if I send it by August is fine ... let me know if anyone knows the precise deadlines.
You say something to me so I sped up the process if necessary.
There are no problems!

Megalosaurus

Hi.
My choices:

Megalosaurus (a LOT of flexibility here, papo will mix deinocheirus arms with mega jaws and hips. It'll be awesome!!!)
Therizinosaurus (An scaly version please)
Pachycephalosaurus (An intermedial stage between pachy and dracorex)

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

sauroid

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 05, 2012, 05:24:39 PM
Hi.
My choices:

Megalosaurus (a LOT of flexibility here, papo will mix deinocheirus arms with mega jaws and hips. It'll be awesome!!!)

hi. this is Papo's Pachycephalosaurus

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

I think he/she means a juvenile Pachycephalosaurus, but fitting with the whole Pachycephalosaurus = Dracorex = Stygimoloch Theory.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Yutyrannus

Torvosaurus
Protoceratops
Falcarius

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

SBell

Quote from: anchry6 on May 03, 2012, 12:30:27 PM

Thanks for reporting ... I thought that if I send it by August is fine ... let me know if anyone knows the precise deadlines.
There are no problems!

Having dealt with Safari for this kind of project, 2011 releases were determined in December 2009. So you may be about 6 months too late (although Papo may move through decision-making faster, since they generally don't worry about professional science opinion in their sculpts).

Lady medusa

My main choices would be

Carnotaurus-an agile version
Gallimimus-running( feathered or not will be cool BUT brightly colored please!!)
Dilphosaurus-non frilled please and agile!

My extra choices would be crylophosaurus or dimophrodon

anchry6

Quote from: SBell on May 07, 2012, 02:21:40 AM
Quote from: anchry6 on May 03, 2012, 12:30:27 PM

There are no problems!

Having dealt with Safari for this kind of project, 2011 releases were determined in December 2009. So you may be about 6 months too late (although Papo may move through decision-making faster, since they generally don't worry about professional science opinion in their sculpts).

Thanks.

This is the new roadmap (I accept criticism):
1) who is interested can put up to 3 dinosaur names (or other) in this topic as a possible choice. (10/05)
2) will be written all the choices and put in a list. You can vote two dinosaurs (or similar). The first carnivorous dinosaur and the first herbivore dinosaur will be proposed to Papo. (25/05)
3) Once selected you can make drawings or brief scientific researches for dinosaurs as we want them. (25/06)
4) I wish a group (possibly of paleontologists) did a summary of what is written in the month from people and wrote a short paper on things to do and avoid to make a scientifically accurate dinosaur. Also I would like him to sign the document (if possible). (25/06)
5) I write an email to say what we want to Papo (step 2) and some tips on how to make it (paragraph 3) leaving the flexibility for Papo. In addition, I will send: the scientific paper, and some drawings to explain how we would like the dinosaurs. (30/06)

Now it's ok?

tyrantqueen

1. Ceratosaurus
2. Apatosaurus (like Sideshow's) , or heck, even a retro-styled Camara-headed-tail-dragging-Brontosaurus like this Horizon Jurassic Park kit >:D

(Not my picture)
3. An Iguanodon or hadrosaur type dinosaur
4. Maybe some more flying reptiles such as quetzalcoatlus
5. Ouranosaurus

2) will be written all the choices and put in a list. You can vote two dinosaurs (or similar). The first carnivorous dinosaur and the first herbivore dinosaur will be proposed to Papo. (25/05)
I hope you speak French  8)

anchry6

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 07, 2012, 10:02:01 AM
1. Ceratosaurus
2. Apatosaurus (like Sideshow's) , or heck, even a retro-styled Camara-headed-tail-dragging-Brontosaurus like this Horizon Jurassic Park kit >:D

(Not my picture)
5. Ouranosaurus

Certainly, the region where I live is the Valle d'Aosta. This is in Italy but it is a French-speaking region (we are bilingual and speak French as Italian).  8)
That's why we do not write well in English.  :-\ :-[ :o
P. S. you can write only 3 dinosaurs, and not 5.  C:-)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: anchry6 on May 07, 2012, 10:22:45 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 07, 2012, 10:02:01 AM
1. Ceratosaurus

(Not my picture)
5. Ouranosaurus

Certainly, the region where I live is the Valle d'Aosta. This is in Italy but it is a French-speaking region (we are bilingual and speak French as Italian).  8)
That's why we do not write well in English.  :-\ :-[ :o
P. S. you can write only 3 dinosaurs, and not 5.  C:-)

Sorry, I guess I got lazy and didn't read the rules  :P

I'd pick
1. Ceratosaurus
2. Apatosaurus or a Brontosaurus
3. Ouranosaurus

anchry6

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 05, 2012, 05:24:39 PM
Hi.
My choices:

For some paleontologists the intermedial stage between Pachycephalosaurus and Dracorex is the Stygimoloch.
Is it alright if I write in the list Stygimoloch for the vote?

Mironimus

My choice would be:

Therizinosaurus
Masiakasaurus
Entelodont

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

anchry6

Here is the list as required up to now.

Let me know if there are errors or omissions.

Amargasaurus
Apatosaurus
Brontosaurus (old Apatosaurus)
Brontotherium
Carnotaurus
Ceratosaurus
Chasmosaurus
Coelophysis
Compsognathus
Diabloceratops
Dilophosaurus
Dimetrodon
Dracorex
Entelodont
Edmontosaurus
Falcarius
Gallimimus
Giganotosaurus
Hypsilophodon
Liopleurodon
Lystrosaurus
Majungasaurus
Mamenchisaurus
Masiakasaurus
Megalosaurus
Metriacanthosaurus
Ouranosaurus
Pentaceratops
Phorusrhacidae (Terror bird)
Platybelodon
Postosuchus
Protoceratops
Quetzalcoatlus
Saurolophus
Shonisaurus
Stygimoloch
Therizinosaurus
Torvosaurus
Uintatherium robustum
Woolly Rhinoceros

Remember: today is the last day and then you can vote.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: