News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Requests for Papo 2013: Step 1

Started by anchry6, May 01, 2012, 01:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchry6

This is the thinking of many in here: if the Papo dinosaurs would do exact ... it would be great.
In the old forum we had made a request of two dinosaurs (a carnivore and an herbivore) and Papo accomodated us with a "Ankylosaurus" ... (Ok not really a Ankylosaurus). So I'm going to try to remake a similar request.
The goal is to choose two dinosaurs (or any other animal you want) people can do Papo company for next year.
Many might say that the year has just begun .. which is not still out even the "Brachiosaurus" ... (Ok well this is not a Brachiosaurus but Giraffatitan :-))
But what I have in mind is not the same old topic ... but it is a job much longer. So, we'll take a few months.
The roadmap (I accept advice and criticism):
1) who is interested can put up to 3 dinosaur names (or other) in this topic as a possible choice. (May)
2) will be written all the choices and put in a list. You can vote two dinosaurs (or similar). The first carnivorous dinosaur and the first herbivore dinosaur will be proposed to Papo. (June)
3) Once selected you can make drawings or brief scientific researches for dinosaurs as we want them. (July)
4) write an email to say what we want to Papo (step 2) and some tips on how to make it (paragraph 3) leaving the flexibility for Papo.
This will be the first of thisTopics. (by August 15)
Then...
,,, write a maximum of three names which animal would you like to see accomplished. If you list the longest of 3 I did not take into account in part 2).
Remember it is a company that usually creates dinosaurs famous or strange (so the consumer is attracted) then please do not do too much nerd ... ;-)
However, freedom ...

:D

Takama

Boy,  I like to jump in, but im afraid i screw up the process :-[

well here goes nothing.

My three names

Dilophosaurus
Apatoesaurus(A Classic Companion piece to Brachiosaurus)
Postosuchus

anything to do from here right now?

SBell

Is this actually based on any real contact with the company?

Metallisuchus

Yeah, if you're serious and we actually have some "pull" or leverage with Papo, then I'm all about this project.

1) Carnotaurus
2) Dimetrodon
3) Metriacanthosaurus

ITewan

Amargasaurus
Ceratosaurus
Hypsilophodon
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Seijun

- Carnotaurus
- Woolly Rhinocerous
- Brontotherium
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

sauroid

1. Carnotaurus
2. Pentaceratops
3. Apatosaurus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

anchry6

Quote from: SBell on May 01, 2012, 02:34:24 AM

No, but I would feel the same.

anchry6

Protoceratops
Dimetrodon
Diabloceratops

Brontozaurus

Carnotaurus
Dimetrodon
Dilophosaurus

The first two are obvious choices for Papo to make since they are both well-known animals, and that seems to be the trend with the subjects of Papo models. Dilophosaurus is also well-known, but I'm not sure if we'll get one because of potential rights issues in making a JP-style one, unless they leave the frill off.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Ok

here are mine

Uintatherium robustum
Platybelodon
Terrorbird
The Return Of The Mammoth's

shadowarceus

Platybelodon
Brontotherium
Therizinosaurus

DinoFan45

Chasmosaurus
Carnotaurus
Therizinosaurus
"Life will find a way."

rubicon

Liopleurodon
Mamenchisaurus
Edmontosaurus

DinoLord

Carnotaurus
Ceratosaurus
Diabloceratops (no recycled body please)

CityRaptor

So mayn requests for mammals. :(

Quote from: Brontozaurus on May 01, 2012, 09:37:47 AM
Carnotaurus
Dimetrodon
Dilophosaurus

The first two are obvious choices for Papo to make since they are both well-known animals, and that seems to be the trend with the subjects of Papo models. Dilophosaurus is also well-known, but I'm not sure if we'll get one because of potential rights issues in making a JP-style one, unless they leave the frill off.

Shouldn't be a problem. Plenty of cheap Dilophosaurus Toys have that stupid frill. So a good quality one should also go clear.

My choices:
Dracorex
Lystrosaurus
Quetzalcoatlus
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: anchry6 on May 01, 2012, 08:46:20 AM
Quote from: SBell on May 01, 2012, 02:34:24 AM

No, but I would feel the same.

So this is just a 'wish list' thread, then? It's not like Papo is actually listening (if they were, their Tylosaurus would be forward thinking with a tail fluke, not whatever that thing is).

Horridus

Dimetrodon, because it's hard to get wrong.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Roselaar

My choices would be:

-Dilophosaurus (unfrilled, please!)
-Carnotaurus
-Therizinosaurus

It would be awesome if Papo actually took notice of this. One can hope... :)

Patrx

I'd like to see more Jurassic Park creatures from Papo. It seems nearly every time they step outside of that, we get tragically inaccurate, yet detailed models. In my eyes, all that detail's a bit of a waste if they're not true to to something at least, be it the real animal or a popular movie design. Unless they step up their palaeontological research (which would be marvelous), I'd rather they just stick with JP and sculpt the movie's Gallimimus, Dilophosaurus (with its frill and boxy skull intact), and Compsognathus/Procompsognathus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: