News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What three Sauropods should SafariLTD make?

Started by Takama, June 02, 2015, 01:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What three Sauropods should SafariLTD make?

Argentinosaurus
24 (32.9%)
Andesaurus
0 (0%)
Brontosaurus
14 (19.2%)
Barosaurus
15 (20.5%)
Camarasaurus
8 (11%)
Diplodocus
14 (19.2%)
Euhelopus
6 (8.2%)
Futalognkosaurus
6 (8.2%)
Giraffatitan
3 (4.1%)
Mamenchisaurus
28 (38.4%)
Melanorosaurus
5 (6.8%)
Plateosaurus
20 (27.4%)
Paralititan
2 (2.7%)
Rapetosaurus
5 (6.8%)
Saltasaurus
8 (11%)
Shunosaurus
29 (39.7%)
Sauroposeidon
12 (16.4%)
Supersaurus
8 (11%)
Turiasaurus
3 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Takama

As with the Theropod Poll, you pick Three Animals you want to see Safari Make for there Wild Safari Collection.

alexeratops

Takama, I voted. btw, why is your name green on the 'recent posts'?
like a bantha!

Takama

New thing signalling that im a Reviewer for the blog

Gwangi

I voted Mamenchisaurus, Shunosaurus and Sauroposeidon. Alamosaurus would be nice too but wasn't on the poll. Hard not to vote for Camarasaurus since it's one of my favorites but we need those other models more.

tanystropheus

Mamenchisaurus was my favorite sauropod while growing up.
I would pay $100 for a well made, aesthetic/accurate Mamenchi. Also, make it 1/40. It kind of defeats the purpose of making a mini-Mamenchi.
Plateosaurus also needs more love.

DinoLord

Whatever sauropods Safari chooses to make, they better be BIG!

Halichoeres

I voted for Euhelopus, Mamenchisaurus, and Shunosaurus, because, while they're big, they're not THAT big--and I just think it's unlikely that Safari is going to give us a 1:40 Argentinosaurus, for instance. But the other three could be 1:40 and still be no bigger than their current Apatosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

John

Of those choices,I had to go for Diplodocus,Plateosaurus & Shunosaurus. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

My choices were Shunosaurus Argentinosaurus and Diplodocus

I chose Shuno, because its been rumord and i think Safari need to know that theres a demand for it.

I chose Dippy because it is a dinosaur that was exclusive to the Carnegie Collection, and i think Safari need to bring it to the Wild Safari line.

Before i explain why i chose Argentinosaurus i want to say that i dont have a problem with the Mixed Scale of the Wild Safari line. But I want them to make a Model that will be bigger then most of them.
Argentinosaurus seems like the most popular choice for companies

Blade-of-the-Moon

Went with Aregentinosaurus, Barosaurus, and Diplodocus.

sauroid

i picked Brontosaurus, Shunosaurus, and Plateosaurus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

ZaZZU2

I picked Mamenchisaurus, Barosaurus and Saltasaurus  ^-^

Manatee

darth daniel

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 02, 2015, 04:25:27 AM
I voted for Euhelopus, Mamenchisaurus, and Shunosaurus, because, while they're big, they're not THAT big--and I just think it's unlikely that Safari is going to give us a 1:40 Argentinosaurus, for instance.

Same three for me. There´s a whole lot of little-known (to the general public), quite unique asian sauropods which are extremely underrepresented in toy form. Almost all of the North American 'standard' sauropods have been done, and I don´t expect a well-sized (= 1:40) Argentinosaurus, Futalognkosaurus or Paralititan from Safari. Besides, for each of the three species the head is known.

Saurian

hard to choose,but mamenchisaurus ;D and Sauroposeidon
Soory,my English is poor

Tallin

Aah, I would buy a whole herd of Shunosaurus models if I could...sadly, CollectA's early one doesn't make the cut for me.  It has creepy alien eyes.

Quen

I voted for Diplodocus (because it's my favorite dinosaur, and I would like to see an accurate Diplodocus and Apatosaurus made by the same company/line/sculptor), Futalognkosaurus (because we need more titanosaurs and obscure species), and Mamenchisaurus (because we don't have a large and accurate one).

Takama

So far it seems Shunosaurus and Mamencisaurus are our highest Choices with Plateosaurus and Argentinosaurus coming in third as a tie.

I will leave this open longer to see if we can get a Solid Three Choices.

Thank you all for Participating  :)

joossa

Should be at the 1:40 scale. I voted:
Argentinosaurus
Diplodocus
Giraffatitan
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: