News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Muttaburrasaurus Repaint

Started by Ramose, June 19, 2015, 04:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramose

I just thought I'd show off my first repaint.  It was actually a test to get ready to paint some models (of unrelated dinosaurs) I purchased for the diorama contest. 
I took a Collecta Muttaburrasaurus (which I purchased with the express purpose of repainting) and repainted it to resemble Douglas Henderson's Gryposaurus (Kritosaurus) from his Living With Dinosaurs book. 

Patrick Salland Ph.D.

The before (not my photo, sorry I forgot to photograph it before beginning)

The inspiration

The Final Product!

Ramose

I must mention that in my copy of the book the "blue" on the back and snout is much more green

Tyto_Theropod

Looks really nice, and a great improvement on the original. You've got some real skill there! :)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Ramose

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on June 19, 2015, 10:49:08 PM
Looks really nice, and a great improvement on the original. You've got some real skill there! :)

Thank you very much!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.