You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

Can't wait for this to come out! And 30 - 40$ actually feels rather cheap for the quality you get!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Droemar

I have to admit I am jumping up and down over this, but I did a bad review of his articulated raptor figure not long ago for being crappy. The video he posts demonstrating the movement and how to put the figure together is ominously the same as said crappy figure.
Do you forgive past crappiness? I'm not sure if I want to invest in the Kickstarter, or sit back and wait and see if the toy is decent or not.

tyrantqueen

I like Silva's style but I don't know if the articulated look would fit in with the rest of my collection. Since this is an articulated toy, there is also the issue of quality control. I know Silva has a good reputation with his resin dinosaurs but articulated toys are a totally different kettle of fish. Let's hope he uses good quality plastic and strong joints.

postsaurischian

I'm not into articulated Dinosaur toy figures, but this is probably going to be my first one.
The sculpting and colours (and I admit: the wonderfully designed kickstarter flyer, too) aroused my interest. I see a lot of potential here and will support David Silva.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 21, 2016, 02:41:15 PM
....... It was stated there will be seamless model kits of these as well..so there is that option.

This would be perfect and I would not hesitate to get these versions.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 21, 2016, 07:14:27 PM
For a living animal I'd say all those are necessary joints. So they will help with a lot of poses.   I hope this is just the start, years ago, David talked about a whole range of dino toys like this, theropods, sauropods, all of them made in this manner.    Feathers make the joints a lot more subtle though.

I hope so too.  So far, I'm impressed.  Come April, I'll be taking the plunge.  Im usually not into revolltech style figures either but these also remind me of the Resaurus toys too. 

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: terrorchicken on March 21, 2016, 04:31:00 PM
Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on March 21, 2016, 03:02:41 PM
These are not models, they are ACTION FIGURES...of course they need articulations!

yeah but does it really need that segment right in the middle of the torso? ???

Definitely! In a humanoid action figures that would correspond to the diaphragm joint or the waist swivel. In this raptor I think it will improve the body lateral movement a lot.

terrorchicken

all right, you're likely a better dino anatomy expert than me!
I have 4 of the Resaurus figures and they are a lot of fun and this figure seems even more articulated! Id love to see what he could do with other types of dinos!

stargatedalek

I like how the joints look, the feathers definitely help conceal them.

Fembrogon

Atrociraptor head sculpt and package layout:

Plus updated design schematics for the raptors:

...And an event page for the Kickstarter has been set up.

Patrx

Wow, the Atrociraptor head looks pretty nice! Much more naturalistic (and less shrink-wrapped) than it appears in the diagram, which I had seen before.

Dobber

I really like the head sculpt for the Atrociraptor! Yikes, I'm going to go broke!!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Roselaar

Package is cool as well. Kinda comic-y, in a good way.

LophoLeeVT

:owow i am soo impressed!!!
sp when the raptors come out will the velociraptor be the most currently correct model avalible???
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: raptor64870 on March 29, 2016, 05:02:14 AM
:owow i am soo impressed!!!
sp when the raptors come out will the velociraptor be the most currently correct model avalible???

The Kickstarter campaign will start with Velociraptor, Atrociraptor and Tsaagan available. The others will be stretch goals!

Fembrogon

Quote from: Creative Beast Studio (David Silva)I have been running this page for sometime now and my focus has always been on my work as Creative Beast Studio, consisting of model kits, concept designs, and other related items. All of what I post here is my own work, non-commissioned and self funded. But what I rarely ever discuss here is my main line of work. The work that funds and informs everything I do for Creative Beast Studio- my sculpting and design work for the toy industry. I only keep the two separate so as not use the popularity of the toy projects and licensed characters as a crutch to promote my personal work. I've always believed that my personal work should stand on it's own merit. That being said, I owe so much to my experiences working in such an inspiring and creative industry developing my skills far beyond what I ever thought possible when I exited art school. So for this one post, I wanted to pay homage to my time in the toy industry thus far by gathering some of my favorite creatures of which I had the pleasure to sculpt, into one photo with what could be my very first Creative Beast Studio action figure- the 1/6 Velociraptor. I've been doing this since 2005, but I feel like I'm just getting started.

Viking Spawn

Blade-of-the-Moon

He did work for Mcfarlane..not sure if that's still true, he does do work for NECA and Hasbro among others.

sauroid

this is indeed a great time to be a prehistoric animal toy collector. so many new awesome lines coming out from all over the world.
btw, is there any info whether David Silva is going to make articulated dragons too?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

empire3569

If I remember correctly he has done a lot of the recent NECA "Predator" sculpts, and it looks like there is a NECA "Pacific Rim" figure in that photo as well

Appalachiosaurus

Glad to see he has worked in the toy industry before, gives me more hope in actually seeing truly accurate feathered dinosaurs in a Hobby Lobby or other chain stores over just being an expensive do-it-yourself kits hiding in the depths of the internet.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: