You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

Really pleased with how these turned out.  Hopefully only a few more weeks now!  ;D

ImADinosaurRARR

Faelrin

My excitement for these is at an all time high now. This raptor is one of my top favorites of this line, and I really like how this deco sample turned out. So glad he took more images with the white nestlings too. I love those little ones. I really do hope they become available for purchase in the future. I keep telling myself, just a few more weeks now. I'm going to have so much fun with these once I finally get them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Silvanusaurus

I'm really loving how close the wings can fold in, one of my worries was that despite the articulation, the arms would always be in an outwardly splayed position. I can't wait to try mine out in different poses, just wish i had been more financially capable of ordering a couple more of them.

LeapingLaelaps

"I'm hoping to begin shipping the Kickstarter orders by the end of this month, and then the BackerKit preorders will follow throughout October." According to David on Facebook!

HOPEFULLY SOON! ;D

ImADinosaurRARR

The last two raptors have been uploaded! The Archeroraptor, followed by the brown Dromaeosaurus.

ImADinosaurRARR

And finally, the Dromaeosaurus. This was the first prototype to come through so her paint might be chipping a little, but David said that the paint the end products will use will we much more durable, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Also, for everyone wondering when these guys will be shipped:
"My previous estimate from the factory was for late Sept. or October to ship. I have followed up with them recently about providing an updated timeline based on the current progress and I should have all of the up-to-date details by the end of this week. The plan is to give you all the full rundown this weekend on what to expect and when in a new Kickstarter update."

acro-man

pre-ordered 2 raptors and a group of youngsters.
already forgot their names  ::)
hope to get them before 2018
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

terrorchicken

that pic with Superman is begging for a caption...

LeapingLaelaps

HUGE UPDATE ON KICKSTARTER! Here's some highlights of important info:

"As we approach the estimated ship dates for the figures, production is moving along a little slower than anticipated and as some of you may have already suspected, the timeline has to be pushed back again unfortunately. I've been in frequent correspondence with the factory lately in regards to final approvals, production progress, and what to expect moving forward. Here's a breakdown of where we're at currently:

-All Accessory Packs and Nestlings are nearly complete and are expected to be ready to ship from the factory to the US by the end of September. Fulfillment shipping to backers for these items is estimated to begin in mid to late October, about a month later than the previous estimate. From what I understand, this is simply due to the complexity of the paint operations.

-All deluxe raptor deco samples have been adjusted and approved to move forward.

-Due to several last-minute tooling adjustments, at my request to improve the raptor joints and display stand rods, the molds were only finalized a couple of weeks ago, thus contributing to the delay of the deluxe raptors. Deco sample revisions have also played a factor.

- The deluxe raptors are now expected to ship from the factory to the US in late November. Fulfillment shipping to backers is estimated to begin in the latter part of December. While shipping out in time for Christmas may be possible, there is no guarantee."

~~~

"The Accessory Packs and Nestlings have been in production for about the past month or so and are finishing up as of this post. These items are expected to leave the factory and head to the US around the end of this month. Allow about three weeks for transport and customs holdings and then on to fulfillment which will ship from New Jersey. For those that ordered Accessory Packs and Nestlings along with Deluxe Raptors, your order will be shipped in two separate segments at no additional cost."

~~~

"In light of the recent production delays, I wanted to find a way to show my appreciation for your support and patience throughout this entire process. It's been a crazy ride so far and I'm glad you all are on board to share this experience with me. As an incentive to hang in there just a little bit longer,  I will be giving away all of my original deluxe raptor test shot action figures to 11 random backers. These one-of-kind items will never to be sold or replicated again. They are the very first action figures ever made by Creative Beast Studio, so in essence, a very rare piece of dinosaur toy history.

How do I qualify?

Most likely, you already have. The only requirement to be eligible is to have pre-ordered or pledged for at least one of the deluxe raptors (Fans choice and Build-a-Raptors are included). The test shots will be blindly added to 11 random shipments during fulfillment- only the fulfillment workers will know which packages have the test shots. Also:

-Your chances are the same whether you ordered one raptor or all of them.

- KIckstarter and BackerKit backers all have the same odds.

-Having multiple shipments does increase your chances, but no individual or household will receive more than one test shot.

-These will only go out with the deluxe raptors wave at the end of this year- the Accessory Pack and Nestlings shipments are not eligible.

-In the sake of fairness, my co-workers at NECA are automatically disqualified by association (sorry guys)

I know how much many of you have been looking forward to getting your raptors and I wish I could get them to you sooner. Hopefully this will make the wait a little more bearable. It's actually more satisfying for me to know that these will end up with the backers than it would be for me to keep them. Good luck!"

~~~

"Pre-Order Store schedule- closing dates

Now that the fulfillment will be split into two segments, it's worth noting how this will effect the pre-order situation.

Accessory Packs and Nestlings

The final day to pre-order Accessory Packs and Nestlings from the BackerKit preorder store will be Friday, October 13th. After this date, those items will become temporarily unavailable during the fulfillment period. Once the pre-orders are all shipped, the remaining product will be available on my new website store, which is currently under development."

~~~

If you want to see all the neat pictures and read everything for yourself, you can find the update here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/creativebeast/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure/posts/1990390

Halichoeres

That's a bit of a bummer. I'll be moving right when the second shipment is heading out. Guess I'll have to have them sent to the new place.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

I already posted a lengthy response in the kickstarter update comments, but I am glad I at least won't have to wait too much longer for the amber nestlings and desert and mountain accessory packs I've ordered, if everything goes smooth here on out for them.

In the mean time I'm going to have to focus my attention on something else to look forward too (Safari figures, etc), since now it will be several more months for the deluxe raptors. I had previously just kept thinking "just a few more weeks" in my mind, for a while now (since August), and after this update, I can't do that any longer, not even for the first expected shipment of the nestlings and accessory packs, since it's starting to take a toll on my mental health, when a normal delay occurs (they hype for these was consuming me essentially). They'll come when they come.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Moodyraptor

Wow, I had not looked at this since the early days of the kickstarter, and I didn't realise how far it had come, or how much new stuff had been added.  So many amazing models!  Really, really exciting stuff.  I foresee some spending in my immediate future. 

Roselaar

That's an awesome giveaway! Too bad I'm not eligible, but hey, I'm entirely glad with the final products themselves.

Reptilia

I want a David Silva's non-articulated Velociraptor model!

Moodyraptor

Well, I think I just blew my dino-buying budget for the year ordering six of these beauties!  No regrets, though.  The only problem was choosing!

Flaffy

ImADinosaurRARR

Xenoceratops color scheme! I'm really liking how colorful these creatures are. Not necessarily realistic, but much better then anything on the current market.

ZoPteryx

I think these color schemes are actually pretty realistic, even these big ceratopsians had predators to hide from.  I do hope some of the later ceratopsians have a bit more colorful head gear, however.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: