You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I too am pleased to hear ED's news. I hadn't got to pre-ordering. But now I shall definitely treat myself to one raptor and the desert accessory pack. I'm interested to see what the accessory looks like "in real life". I'm still not sure how I will like the articulated raptor but would like to give one a test drive.

Moodyraptor

Quote from: Minmiminime on December 01, 2017, 11:08:52 PM
Quote from: Moodyraptor on December 01, 2017, 10:30:08 PM
Quote from: Minmiminime on December 01, 2017, 09:06:12 PM
Exciting news for those of us in Europe (though they do ship abroad, too). ED have got exclusive rights to this line in Europe https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2017/12/01/everything-dinosaur-gets-exclusive-access-to-beasts-of-the-mesozoic-range.html

I may get those Dromeosaurs, yet..!

Heh, wish I had known this before I backed the kickstarter, could have saved myself quite a bit of postage...

Same!! Never mind. I wonder how long he intends the production of each piece to run, or whether these are effectively surplus? I've never quite got my head around that

Yeah, I had got the impression that this production run would be it, at least for these particular figures/variants, hence I took the chance to snag them while I could.  Maybe ED just ordered a job lot to sell.  I wonder how much they'll have them retailing for. 

Halichoeres

So is Everything Dinosaur also the shop for which David is making the repainted exclusive Buitreraptor, Microraptor, Mononykus and Troodon/Stenonychosaurus?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 03, 2017, 08:25:12 PM
So is Everything Dinosaur also the shop for which David is making the repainted exclusive Buitreraptor, Microraptor, Mononykus and Troodon/Stenonychosaurus?

The site is called Woozy Moo. The last time I think I asked about it, they were still working things out.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: Faelrin on December 03, 2017, 08:39:55 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on December 03, 2017, 08:25:12 PM

The site is called Woozy Moo. The last time I think I asked about it, they were still working things out.

Thanks!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Reptilia

I might be tempted to pick up the Velociraptor now that ED got the deal to sell them, I'm just a little concerned about the price cause I don't want to spend too much for what looks totally like a toy. How much people had to pay to preorder these?

Rain

Quote from: Reptilia on December 04, 2017, 01:42:13 PM
I might be tempted to pick up the Velociraptor now that ED got the deal to sell them, I'm just a little concerned about the price cause I don't want to spend too much for what looks totally like a toy. How much people had to pay to preorder these?

35USD + shipping.

Reptilia

That will likely turn into 35/40 euros, I guess. Around the price of a Rebor raptor, more or less. Thanks.

ImADinosaurRARR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuqHpeDy3mY

I think I've watched this review 5 times by now. I just love how he keeps displaying the raptor with a broken leg. There's just something so pure about it. He does get some things wrong about the figures, but I think he does a good job showing how cool they are anyway. Can't wait for mine!

Abbinormally

Quote from: ImADinosaurRARR on January 06, 2018, 11:13:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuqHpeDy3mY

I think I've watched this review 5 times by now. I just love how he keeps displaying the raptor with a broken leg. There's just something so pure about it. He does get some things wrong about the figures, but I think he does a good job showing how cool they are anyway. Can't wait for mine!

I've also been watching it on repeat. Its so nice to see how the articulation and interchangable pieces work. I have one of these sets on order and I cant wait to get working on mine.  ;D

Loon

Some of the comments on that video....sheesshh. Who knew creationists were toy collectors?

Ravonium

Quote from: Loon on January 06, 2018, 07:17:56 PM
Some of the comments on that video....sheesshh. Who knew creationists were toy collectors?

I certainly saw some feather-haters in the comments, but I didn't see anyone who showed other signs of being a creationist.

Loon

Quote from: Ravonium on January 06, 2018, 07:39:53 PM

I certainly saw some feather-haters in the comments, but I didn't see anyone who showed other signs of being a creationist.
The "again with this feather theory" guy, going through his replies (an unfortunate part-time of mine) he showed strong ignorance/denial, also his calling Darwin an idiot was quite revealing.

Ravonium

Quote from: Loon on January 06, 2018, 07:46:39 PM
The "again with this feather theory" guy, going through his replies (an unfortunate part-time of mine) he showed strong ignorance/denial, also his calling Darwin an idiot was quite revealing.

OK, that guy did indeed post that Darwin is an idiot, but his blind ignorance/denial of fossil evidence (and even scientific literature to an extent) that contradicts his point (e.g. saying that feathered dinosaurs are only a modern thing, when Archaeopteryx was discovered over 100 years ago) shows that he does not have that much discipline in this subject. In addition, he even said that he doesn't completely rule out the 'theory' of feathered dinosaurs.

P.S Going through people's replies is not an unfortunate part-time (at least in my opinion). It just shows that you are interested in a discussion  :)

Halichoeres

It was a rude awakening for me too.

Fembrogon

Should this thread title be updated by now? We're well past the initial Kickstater and on the way to "Beasts of the Mesozoic" being a full toy line.

...And yeah, that YouTube review is doing nothing to curb my excitement. We're close, SO CLOSE now...

Abbinormally

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 07, 2018, 02:13:54 AM
Should this thread title be updated by now? We're well past the initial Kickstater and on the way to "Beasts of the Mesozoic" being a full toy line.

...And yeah, that YouTube review is doing nothing to curb my excitement. We're close, SO CLOSE now...
This is true, but its my understanding that there will be a second kick starter for the ceratopsian line that David has been working on, so it should be an accurate title again soon.  ;)

Abbinormally

There is a new kickstarter update and the nestling, accessory and build-a-raptor packs have reached the warehouse and will start shipping out on Monday! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/creativebeast/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure/posts/2088702

So in light of this exciting news I was wondering what peoples plans are for their build-a-raptors? I purchased set A and I am going to make a mostly white leucistic Adasaurus based off of a hawk that lives in my area.  :))

postsaurischian

It's a bit disappointing that international customers have to wait so much longer for their figures.
Financially it would have been much better for me to get my figures in two deliveries.
But nevertheless I'm happily awaiting them.

Joey

Quote from: Abbinormally on January 09, 2018, 07:27:17 PM
Quote from: Fembrogon on January 07, 2018, 02:13:54 AM

This is true, but its my understanding that there will be a second kick starter for the ceratopsian line that David has been working on, so it should be an accurate title again soon.  ;)
True, but it would be better to make a new thread called "Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian line", because then people would be confused otherwise.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: