You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Victoria B on May 13, 2016, 03:01:57 AM
Oh man, the Dromaeosaurus art work looks incredible. If the figure looks half that good I'm going to have to break my "no more stretch goals" rule and add one.

iI stopped at the Adasaurus..I think. There are so many now..I hate to say it but I think I'm going to either jump on all of them or wait til all are met and pick and choose.

Flaffy

I hope the zhenyuanlong's concept and package art comes out quick, the Kickstarter ends in 14 days.

Flaffy

$5500 away from stretch goal #6, ZHENYUANLONG!!!  :o :o :o :o

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 13, 2016, 04:19:24 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on May 13, 2016, 03:46:59 AM
I hope more than just his shop stocks them. For whatever reason his shipping is prohibitively expensive.
agreed, the only thing putting me off is that the shipping is too expensive. ($25USD :o)

It's a little pricy, but at the same time, you can order as much as you want. Plus, Dave seems to be doing all of this himself and probably doesn't get the steep shipping supply discounts and discounted shipping rates that big companies do. For all we know he might be driving all of our boxes to the post office himself, which takes time and gas.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 13, 2016, 04:31:48 AM
Quote from: Victoria B on May 13, 2016, 03:01:57 AM
Oh man, the Dromaeosaurus art work looks incredible. If the figure looks half that good I'm going to have to break my "no more stretch goals" rule and add one.

iI stopped at the Adasaurus..I think. There are so many now..I hate to say it but I think I'm going to either jump on all of them or wait til all are met and pick and choose.

I won't be able to buy all of them, but I may keep adjusting my pledge as more models are unlocked. Depending on how much I like the new ones, I may go back and cancel some of the others I was already planning on buying.

Flaffy

$5000 away from Stretch goal #6, ZHENYUANLONG!!  ;D

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

empire3569

I just increased my pledge for the Dromaeosaurus; that was the stretch goal I was looking forward to the most, and the color scheme/snowy background looks way cool! So right now I'm just pledged for Atrociraptor and Dromaeosaurus, and will probably have to stop at those two (or my fiancee and wallet will kill me  ;D )

empire3569

All of the real-life bird references for the rest of the stretch goals have been added in the most recent update! Looks like the rest should be a bit brighter than previous sculpts

Flaffy

Stretch goal #6, ZHENYUANLONG unlocked!!  ;D ;D ;D

Archinto

Gah, just increased my pledge so I could get at least one stretch goal raptor with the mongoliensis and the exclusive. :o Now to make a terribly difficult choice when the survey comes....
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Dobber

Yay! Zhenyaunlong made it. So far I'm getting all except the KSE repaint, who's funds I put toward Zhenyaunlong. I'm probably done now, but I'm kind of tempted by Linheraptor based on the real bird color he's basing it on. Not all that interested in Pyroraptor.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

terrorchicken

Quote from: Yutyrannus on May 12, 2016, 10:38:04 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on May 12, 2016, 06:39:40 PM
seriously?!  Balaur had TWO hook claws on each foot?! can a dino get any more badass?!  :o
Apparently, swifts also have feet that are somewhat similar to that. Also, Balaur was probably either an omnivore or a herbivore (I'm leaning more towards herbivore myself), and based on most modern large, flightless island birds, I kind of doubt it was an aggressive one.

oh really?! a herbivorous raptor! well, just like the herbivorous cassowary, its still badass!  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dobber on May 13, 2016, 07:29:41 PM
Yay! Zhenyaunlong made it. So far I'm getting all except the KSE repaint, who's funds I put toward Zhenyaunlong. I'm probably done now, but I'm kind of tempted by Linheraptor based on the real bird color he's basing it on. Not all that interested in Pyroraptor.

Chris

I starting to think the same..I was drawn to the exclusive with the blue coloration, but it looks like other actual different sculpts will be blue as well..so I think I'll just get one of them.

Dobber

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 13, 2016, 08:07:58 PM
Quote from: Dobber on May 13, 2016, 07:29:41 PM

Chris

I starting to think the same..I was drawn to the exclusive with the blue coloration, but it looks like other actual different sculpts will be blue as well..so I think I'll just get one of them.

Yeah, the fact that Zhenyaunlong is going to be a nice blue too just made it easier to drop the repaint KSE. Saves the money ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

rammleid

Quote from: Victoria B on May 13, 2016, 07:14:30 AM
It's a little pricy, but at the same time, you can order as much as you want.

That is a bit confussing for me.

Well, the basic shipping is 25USD for 1 figure.

If you want to add a goalsaurus, you have to add just 37USD (that probably means 35USD for the figure and 2USD extra for the shipping). That would make 27USD for two figures.

But the shipping quotes in the "Multi-Packs" is confussing and contradictory, because the shipping costs for 2 figures are 40USD.

And the pack with 6 figures is 125USD for international customers.

That really means we can't have "as much as we want" for 25USD. And I wish David Silva to clarify this. No international customers want to miss a dinosaur because of miscalculated shipping costs.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 13, 2016, 07:57:24 PM
oh really?! a herbivorous raptor! well, just like the herbivorous cassowary, its still badass!  ;D
Yeah, Balaur's one of my favourite dinosaurs :). Although, technically it's not a raptor, because that is an unnatural group consisting of various families of predatory birds (or almost-birds in the case of dromaeosaurs), and Balaur is a herbivorous relative of pygostylians.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Shadowknight1

Well, that coloration choice for Zhenyuanlong made the choice much easier!  Going for the fluffy one!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Brontozaurus

I was pretty committed to Balaur as my stretch raptor (can't afford to go for more than one) but Zhenyuanlong and Linheraptor are tempting me based on their colour inspirations.

"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Flaffy

I hope David can finish the Zhenyuanlong package art before the Kickstarter ends, and he might have to tweak the tail feather design a little bit.  ^-^

Rain

Quote from: Brontozaurus on May 14, 2016, 02:18:39 PM
I was pretty committed to Balaur as my stretch raptor (can't afford to go for more than one) but Zhenyuanlong and Linheraptor are tempting me based on their colour inspirations.

I'm on the exact same boat. I just really want a nice looking blue raptor

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: