News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

haha, no problem anyone, I wasn't offended.

I wouldn't say the Guidraco is guaranteed to stay my favorite, I have high hopes for those Dimorphodon after all ;)

joossa

I want to have the Arco in my hands to start judging it. Can't get here sooner...  :)

Going back to the Best Figure of the year poll... It's a forum poll that is open to forum members and from what I remember, is based on personal preference.

Here is the one from 2014:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2003.0

It looks like the the top five from last year were:
CollectA Deluxe 1:40 Scale Carcharodontosaurus
Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus
Battat Terra Cryolophosaurus
Papo Archaeopteryx
Battat Terra Pachyrhinosaurus

We'll have to organize one for this year later on. There's a lot of good figures to choose from too. Last year's poll was set so a user could choose up to five figures. However, the poll was created early on in the year before people had the actual figures. I think it makes sense to make the poll at the end of the year.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

utd7

Yeah this is much better guys and gals, harmony between us forum members and letting each other have their own opinions.

Joossa I agree with you, we need to see the Acro live to judge it, so far all the REBOR figures have looked better in real life than the rather excellent pictures REBOR showed us on facebook and this forum with the Yutyrannus being the real out standing one in my opinion as it was the one I liked least in the pictures but is stunning live.
We live in a Jurassic World

Arul

Im afraid rebor is cant be included in best figure of the year poll, because as you know they are not included in best toys company poll because of their criteria are included in the same class with sideshow because they made jolly and lock stock barrel, even the tylosaurus fossil replica ( maybe this year, well i hope this year ! :D ), etc. But in the other hand, maybe we can make a poll for best rebor model, just like a poll for best sideshow model  :) and i definitely vote the Herc !

joossa

Quote from: Arul on August 26, 2015, 12:28:26 AM
Im afraid rebor is cant be included in best figure of the year poll, because as you know they are not included in best toys company poll because of their criteria are included in the same class with sideshow because they made jolly and lock stock barrel, even the tylosaurus fossil replica ( maybe this year, well i hope this year ! :D ), etc. But in the other hand, maybe we can make a poll for best rebor model, just like a poll for best sideshow model  :) and i definitely vote the Herc !

I don't think there would be a problem including Savage and Hercules in the best figure poll. The poll from last year stated "figure" not "toy", so I would think Rebor's 1/35 models are fair game to be included.... unless the common consensus is to exclude them
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Ohh yes fair enough, but i still wish in the future we have most favorite rebor product poll because how rebor made their product is very extraordinary from the simplest is the packing until the oddities line  :D

Shadowknight1

By the by, the pictures weren't entirely clear, so I asked REBOR for confirmation and Hercules' thumb claw is indeed the same size as the rest of his hand claws rather than being enlarged.  I can't say I'm surprised as it seems like enlarged thumb claws go missing on MANY figures of many species that have them.  Hopefully they'll remember it for the Allosaurus.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

utd7

So far no news on Hercules but should be released soon according to all the dinosaur toy retailers.

Shonisaurus

To assess whether the Acrocanthosaurus Rebor is the best figure of the year 2015 should be taken more pictures, or that we had any of the forum members in our hands.

From my point of view it looks great Hercules (Acrocanthosaurus).

Viking Spawn

I'll be doing a full picture gallery once this figure is released!  I can hardly wait to get my hands on one.  But according to what I've read from retailers, it should be out sometime this month.   

joossa

Quote from: Viking Spawn on September 04, 2015, 03:55:23 PM
I'll be doing a full picture gallery once this figure is released!  I can hardly wait to get my hands on one.  But according to what I've read from retailers, it should be out sometime this month.
I hope sooner than later. Seems like the last couple weeks, it's been like:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Monkeysaurus

I have mine on pre-order from BigBadToys, so I can get my greedy paws all over it as soon as possible   >:D
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

utd7

Yeah we just have to wait a few more weeks now barring no delays from REBOR but I think a figure like this should not have any problems.

Shadowknight1

utd7

The REBOR guys haven't logged in to the forum for a week now. I hope everything is ok with them.

Arul

They are doing worldwide business, they must be very busy...

Shadowknight1

Maybe a sign that they're buckling down to try and get Acros out the door.

Arul

Preordered mine on Adopt-a-Saurus ID :D they said rebor acro status is now "fresh out from the oven (factory)" and "ready to serve" very very soon :P

joossa

Quote from: Arul on September 10, 2015, 06:03:13 AM
Preordered mine on Adopt-a-Saurus ID :D they said rebor acro status is now "fresh out from the oven (factory)" and "ready to serve" very very soon :P
Finally, some news on progress. Thanks for posting that.  :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: