News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

I've asked the shop I got the Acrocanthosaurus from to change it for another.
It's such a pity because the figure is so beautiful.
But anyway - if the replacement figure has the same problem, I will stop paying 50+ Euros to get disappointed.

Rain

Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on September 25, 2015, 08:35:10 AM
Could people with stability issues post pictures?

The people who have stability issues seem to be very hesitant to post pictures for whatever reason  ::)

Invicta Hunter

I don't own this figure yet but hopefully the one I buy will be able to stand.
If not then im done with REBOR as well.
All of REBOR's figures look great but that can't make up for the fact that most have major design/manufacturing faults.
Maybe REBOR should make not only their stands out of polystone but the figures as well. Yes it would cost more but at least they wouldn't have any warping issues.

Rain

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on September 25, 2015, 11:20:53 AM
I don't own this figure yet but hopefully the one I buy will be able to stand.
If not then im done with REBOR as well.
All of REBOR's figures look great but that can't make up for the fact that most have major design/manufacturing faults.
Maybe REBOR should make not only their stands out of polystone but the figures as well. Yes it would cost more but at least they wouldn't have any warping issues.

Their figures already cost an absurd amount, making them out of poly stone would only increase the price. They'd lose a lot of customers

Dobber

Wow, I'm really sorry some of you are have standing/stability issues. That sucks  :(

Either I got lucky, since mine is standing fine with the prey in it's mouth....and the Prey is not touching the ground. Or some of you where just unlucky. Either way it still stinks.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Rain on September 25, 2015, 11:20:33 AM

The people who have stability issues seem to be very hesitant to post pictures for whatever reason  ::)
I explained the problem with mine a page or so back. I don't see why my words shouldn't be enough :)

QuoteIf not then im done with REBOR as well.
This was my first and may be my last.

QuoteThere isn't really any conclusive evidence that female T.rexes were larger than males. It's just some theory that became popular some years back, without anything backing it up.
Female birds of prey are nearly always bigger than the males. That may be part of the reasoning.

Arul

Well rebor and papo both of them have to learn with safari ltd. my safari yuty is still standing right now

Dinomike

I gave up - I ordered this guy for my birthday! Hooray! :) Will have to keep it in a box till the 25th of November though :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

stargatedalek

I wonder why metal rods in feet has never (AFAIK) been tried. REBOR are higher end than many figures so that seems like something they could do.

QuelQuelQuel

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 25, 2015, 12:03:04 PM

I explained the problem with mine a page or so back. I don't see why my words shouldn't be enough :)

It was more from a curiosity point of view rather than challenging your assertion. I'm sure the fact nobody with problems has posted pictures is just coincidence.

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on September 25, 2015, 04:21:10 PM
It was more from a curiosity point of view rather than challenging your assertion. I'm sure the fact nobody with problems has posted pictures is just coincidence.
So...your sardonically-phrased request was sincere, as evidenced by your sardonic implication that people are lying?

Here we go again.

empire3569

Check my pictures a couple pages back. My figure had the warped/misaligned feet, however the position I have it standing in is stable. Neither foot is completely flush; the right foot balances on the middle toe, and the left foot on the outside aspect of the foot. I even bumped the shelf it's on intentionally a couple times, and it didn't fall. If you can find that sweet spot it should be fine. I agree that both feet should be flush and stable, but I'm fine with this

QuelQuelQuel

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on September 25, 2015, 04:27:46 PM
Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on September 25, 2015, 04:21:10 PM
So...your sardonically-phrased request was sincere, as evidenced by your sardonic implication that people are lying?

Here we go again.

There are two people with issues in this thread, that's hardly a large enough sample for someone to draw the conclusion that there is a conspiracy against Rebor is it? Some people on this forum are interested in dinosaur toys, it's interesting for some if people are have issues with one of theirs.

I don't think you've given your last post sufficient thought and made quite a few assumptions about me you are in no position to make.

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on September 25, 2015, 05:43:34 PM
There are two people with issues in this thread, that's hardly a large enough sample for someone to draw the conclusion that there is a conspiracy against Rebor is it? Some people on this forum are interested in dinosaur toys, it's interesting for some if people are have issues with one of theirs.

I don't think you've given your last post sufficient thought and made quite a few assumptions about me you are in no position to make.

And you're not addressing my point. You made a comment about the reports of stability problems with an emoji that is intended to convey sarcasm. Someone called you out on that sarcasm and your response deflected the criticism, claiming that your original post was sincere; that claim of sincerity was immediately followed by phrasing normally used to convey sarcasm. Now that you've been called out on that use of sarcasm, you're deflecting again. So are you accusing others of lying or not?

QuelQuelQuel

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on September 25, 2015, 08:19:59 PM

And you're not addressing my point. You made a comment about the reports of stability problems with an emoji that is intended to convey sarcasm. Someone called you out on that sarcasm and your response deflected the criticism, claiming that your original post was sincere; that claim of sincerity was immediately followed by phrasing normally used to convey sarcasm. Now that you've been called out on that use of sarcasm, you're deflecting again. So are you accusing others of lying or not?

I think you need to go back and re-read the last couple of pages in detail, then think about things and try to realise why you owe me an apology.

I'll give you a good place to start:

::) <- that is the first emoji I've used in this discussion.

If you're going to accuse someone of lying then it's generally best to make sure you're accusing the correct person. It's common decency.

Rain

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 25, 2015, 12:03:04 PM

Sorry if I offended you with that. I didn't mean to say I didn't believe you all just found it weird. And besides you posted pictures

Fluffysaurus

Mine has a identity crisis!
It plays saxophone and sings hello there i havent you a while, i am herc the crocodile! Did you hear the latest word, i think i am herc the bird. Ok to tell you the truth this is a dead end. I am herc the imaginary friend. Lol i still have to buy the little Guy. I cant wait to get him. My Ceratosaurus also stands very Well. So i am sure i will Find a good standing pose.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

DinoToyForum

Keep calm all. Rudeness is against the rules whether you think it is warranted or not. Please don't take moderating into your own hands, it exacerbates things. Report posts that break rules, but otherwise  :-X (let it lie). Thanks  C:-)

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on September 25, 2015, 08:30:06 PM
Quote from: Tyrannosauron on September 25, 2015, 08:19:59 PM

I think you need to go back and re-read the last couple of pages in detail, then think about things and try to realise why you owe me an apology.

I'll give you a good place to start:

::) <- that is the first emoji I've used in this discussion.

If you're going to accuse someone of lying then it's generally best to make sure you're accusing the correct person. It's common decency.
You're right: I made a mistake and attributed to you one of Rain's quotes. That's on me; apologies.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 25, 2015, 02:33:19 PM
I wonder why metal rods in feet has never (AFAIK) been tried. REBOR are higher end than many figures so that seems like something they could do.
I presume you mean other than the rod that was meant to support the Utahraptor?

I'm sorry so many of you are having trouble.  If I might make a suggestion, try aligning the right foot in its "print", see if that gets you better results than the left.  I've found that mine will stand in both positions, so it might just be mine, but it's an idea at least.

As for my number 2, I think I'm going to chalk his right hand to manufacturing defect and ask BBTS for a replacement and see if I hit that "perfect" Acro.  I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: