You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World 2 official release date 2018

Started by The Arc, July 23, 2015, 11:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: Viking Spawn on July 25, 2015, 12:26:04 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 24, 2015, 10:33:21 PM
And don't forget that we also have "Skull Island" in March of 2017. A year before the other two but still something to look forward to. I am anyway.

I forgot about that one!   Oh yes, I do have that on my must see list as well.   That, and Pacific Rim 2 which is scheduled for August 4th that summer!

Its a great time to be a giant creature feature fan!!!!    :)

Oh wow, I didn't even know there was another Pacific Rim in the works. Very cool!

Fluffysaurus

And now... Dilophosaurs in it please. A whole clan! Please?!
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would expect real Dilophosaurs back in the next film.

DinoG

I read that the same main actors are confirmed so here my ignorant question: should the park manager be somewhat liable for the mess? How will she get away from rotting in jail and/or being sued by 20000 people?
Run!

stargatedalek

Quote from: DinoG on July 25, 2015, 11:44:17 PM
I read that the same main actors are confirmed so here my ignorant question: should the park manager be somewhat liable for the mess? How will she get away from rotting in jail and/or being sued by 20000 people?
If an animal escapes from a zoo and kills someone or becomes an invasive species the director doesn't go to jail, thankfully we don't live in the colonial ages anymore so "eye for an eye" isn't how the legal system works. Masrani's company/InGen would be the ones who paid out lawsuits, assuming of course the park didn't have any sort of waiver.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 25, 2015, 11:57:03 PM
Quote from: DinoG on July 25, 2015, 11:44:17 PM
If an animal escapes from a zoo and kills someone or becomes an invasive species the director doesn't go to jail, thankfully we don't live in the colonial ages anymore so "eye for an eye" isn't how the legal system works. Masrani's company/InGen would be the ones who paid out lawsuits, assuming of course the park didn't have any sort of waiver.

I'm sure there is something like that. The question is will the Costa Rican gvt. shut them down?

stargatedalek

Or will the Cost Rican gvt. want in on these proposed military applications?

I could see Claire being sued by InGen over damages if they did want to go down that route. It could make for some interesting subplot.

DinoLord

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 26, 2015, 02:20:25 AM

They'd need to form one first...

stargatedalek

Quote from: DinoLord on July 26, 2015, 03:00:44 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on July 26, 2015, 02:20:25 AM

They'd need to form one first...
Very true :P

Meso-Cenozoic

Just saw this....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jurassic-world-2-set-2018-810727

We had heard that Pratt would be back, but I didn't know about Bryce till I read this that she would also be coming back. I'm happy. I liked their onscreen chemistry! I also read in another article that the actor who played Gray (the younger nephew) would also be back as well.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on August 07, 2015, 09:14:45 AM
Just saw this....

We had heard that Pratt would be back, but I didn't know about Bryce till I read this that she would also be coming back. I'm happy. I liked their onscreen chemistry! I also read in another article that the actor who played Gray (the younger nephew) would also be back as well.

I had assumed both, but I'm glad to hear it officially..I found her a great character and attractive to boot..  ^-^

Dobber

Good to hear :). I liked her character too. Despite all he claims of sexism in JW, which personally I don't get, people seemed to miss that SHE was the one that really kept saving the day. She saved Owen from the Dimorphoodon, she was the one that got them away from the Rators, and she was the one the that decided to release the T-Rex and thus save them all from the Indominus. What did Owen REALLY do? ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2015, 09:37:22 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on August 07, 2015, 09:14:45 AM
Just saw this....

I had assumed both, but I'm glad to hear it officially..I found her a great character and attractive to boot..  ^-^

Like wise, on all counts! I know there was a lot of controversy and alleged sexism in the movie geared towards her character but I found her character quite enjoyable myself.

tyrantqueen

I'm a woman and I didn't find anything sexist about the movie. I wish people didn't have to analyse everything so deeply.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dobber on August 07, 2015, 12:36:54 PM
Good to hear :). I liked her character too. Despite all he claims of sexism in JW, which personally I don't get, people seemed to miss that SHE was the one that really kept saving the day. She saved Owen from the Dimetrodon and she was the one that got them away from the Rators, and she was the one the that decided to release the T-Rex and thus save them all from the Indominus. What did Owen REALLY do? ;)

Chris

You know I don't get the argument either. There were some good standout female roles overall, but Claire had the main story arc, Owen was just a part of it even I agree.

HD-man

Quote from: Dobber on August 07, 2015, 12:36:54 PMGood to hear :). I liked her character too. Despite all he claims of sexism in JW, which personally I don't get, people seemed to miss that SHE was the one that really kept saving the day. She saved Owen from the Dimetrodon and she was the one that got them away from the Rators, and she was the one the that decided to release the T-Rex and thus save them all from the Indominus. What did Owen REALLY do? ;)

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 07, 2015, 05:56:47 PMI'm a woman and I didn't find anything sexist about the movie. I wish people didn't have to analyse everything so deeply.

1stly (@Chris), it was a Dimorphodon, not a Dimetrodon. BIG difference. ;)

2ndly, b/c of how I am, I'm probably the most literal & least subtle person here, yet even I noticed at least 1 bit of sexism (See the Vincent quote).

Quoting Vincent ( http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/2015/06/marcs-jurassic-world-review-not-your.html ):
QuoteHandily, they're off to visit their Aunt Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard), who seems to virtually run the place single-handedly. She also happens to be an especially uptight corporate bigshot who has walked in from a Paul Verhoeven movie, and is unwilling to see just how much of a better person she could be if only she would embrace motherhood and child-rearing and blahblahblah. Yes, the gender politics are indeed a little dubious in this one, but fortunately this stuff is mostly dispensed with near the start.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Gwangi

Yeah, I've read all the reviews and press regarding the sexism. I understand where everyone is coming from, but I also think they were deliberately looking for it as most critics are with movies these days. And rightfully so, because strong female character ARE seriously lacking in big budget movies. But I think it kind of snowballed into this phenomenon where you basically had to address the sexism if you were reviewing the movie. Personally, I don't see anything sexist about stressing the importance of family. You could have easily switched her out with a male character that's equally uptight and adverse to children who eventually has a change of heart...oh wait, they did, it was called "Jurassic Park". Personally, I find it a bit sexist that people are making this big of a deal about this plot devise ONLY because the character was a female. Switch genders, no one would bat an eye.

And then we have Joss Whedon (who I am a fan of) who before ever viewing the movie calls it out as sexist just by viewing the clip of Claire and Owen sharing some banter. So automatically everyone is going to agree with this guy and start judging the movie before ever even watching it. Personally, I find Joss's take on Black Widow in "The Avengers" movies far more sexist (Spoiler Alert). In every movie she's in she plays second fiddle to a male co-start. Hawkeye in "The Avengers", and then by far her worst representation in "Age of Ultron" where they shoe horn in her relationship with Bruce Banner. Joss normally does have strong female characters, but personally I though Claire had much better character development in one movie than Black Widow has had in what now? Four movies?

HD-man

Quote from: Gwangi on August 07, 2015, 11:57:45 PMYeah, I've read all the reviews and press regarding the sexism. I understand where everyone is coming from, but I also think they were deliberately looking for it as most critics are with movies these days. And rightfully so, because strong female character ARE seriously lacking in big budget movies. But I think it kind of snowballed into this phenomenon where you basically had to address the sexism if you were reviewing the movie. Personally, I don't see anything sexist about stressing the importance of family. You could have easily switched her out with a male character that's equally uptight and adverse to children who eventually has a change of heart...oh wait, they did, it was called "Jurassic Park". Personally, I find it a bit sexist that people are making this big of a deal about this plot devise ONLY because the character was a female. Switch genders, no one would bat an eye.

I get what you're saying. However, to be fair, the plot you describe was done MUCH better in JP. Also, there's MUCH more social pressure on women than men to have kids.

BTW, I couldn't finish reading the 2nd half of your post b/c of the "Age of Ultron" spoiler. As for the 1st Avengers, I figured Black Widow playing "second fiddle" had more to do w/her not having big fancy powers or weapons. Then again, IDK much about the comics.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Gwangi

Quote from: HD-man on August 08, 2015, 03:13:08 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 07, 2015, 11:57:45 PMYeah, I've read all the reviews and press regarding the sexism. I understand where everyone is coming from, but I also think they were deliberately looking for it as most critics are with movies these days. And rightfully so, because strong female character ARE seriously lacking in big budget movies. But I think it kind of snowballed into this phenomenon where you basically had to address the sexism if you were reviewing the movie. Personally, I don't see anything sexist about stressing the importance of family. You could have easily switched her out with a male character that's equally uptight and adverse to children who eventually has a change of heart...oh wait, they did, it was called "Jurassic Park". Personally, I find it a bit sexist that people are making this big of a deal about this plot devise ONLY because the character was a female. Switch genders, no one would bat an eye.

I get what you're saying. However, to be fair, the plot you describe was done MUCH better in JP. Also, there's MUCH more social pressure on women than men to have kids.

BTW, I couldn't finish reading the 2nd half of your post b/c of the "Age of Ultron" spoiler. As for the 1st Avengers, I figured Black Widow playing "second fiddle" had more to do w/her not having big fancy powers or weapons. Then again, IDK much about the comics.

Well, Jurassic Park did EVERYTHING better, including the plot. But maybe the entire reason it was in JW at all was as yet another (of many) nods to the original? And yes, there is a social pressure on women to have kids but I think a large part of that is because woman actually can have kids, and men cannot. There is nothing sexist about acknowledging a biological difference. And I would also point out that the same pressure to get married and settle down is pushed on men as well. I'm not saying I enforce gender roles, because I certainly do not. It just seems like something that in a real life situation would be addressed in the life of a business woman.

Ah, sorry about the potential spoiler. If it helps, it's not a major spoiler and something you're made aware of in the first 10 minutes of the film. No point discussing that comparison any further, you'll have to check out "Age of Ultron" and see what you think about Black Widow afterwards. I don't read the comics either but I have a feeling her character is given a bit more to work with than the comparatively flat character in the movies.

Dobber

Quote from: HD-man on August 07, 2015, 11:07:58 PM
Quote from: Dobber on August 07, 2015, 12:36:54 PMGood to hear :). I liked her character too. Despite all he claims of sexism in JW, which personally I don't get, people seemed to miss that SHE was the one that really kept saving the day. She saved Owen from the Dimetrodon and she was the one that got them away from the Rators, and she was the one the that decided to release the T-Rex and thus save them all from the Indominus. What did Owen REALLY do? ;)

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 07, 2015, 05:56:47 PMI'm a woman and I didn't find anything sexist about the movie. I wish people didn't have to analyse everything so deeply.

1stly (@Chris), it was a Dimorphodon, not a Dimetrodon. BIG difference. ;)

Yeah just noticed my typo, too. I deffinately know the difference, fixed it. Doh!  :-\

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: