News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Best Method For Fixing Warped Toys?

Started by suspsy, August 10, 2015, 04:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

About a month ago, I received the CollectA Rajasaurus from Minizoo. Much to my disappointment, the left leg was so badly warped, the figure was quite unable to stand on its own. Here it is with the Daeodon lending a helping mouth.

Then, this past weekend, I tried leaving the Rajasaurus on the dashboard of my car for a couple of hours in the hot sun. And this was the very pleasing result!

It stands perfectly now. :)

But I'm curious as to what other methods there are for attempting to fix such warping. What have you tried? And what are the precise steps, i.e., for using hot water?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

There's really no single way to do it, especially with hot water. A quick dunk in nearly boiling water, or a few minutes in uncomfortably hot water, it all depends on the kind of plastic, and the amount of space and containers you have available to use. A hair dryer is a bit more straight forward, just work with it a bit in your hands until it becomes flexible as desired. Either method requires dipping the figure in cold water immediately after you've got the shape you want. Leave it in cold for a few minutes and then let it sit on its own. Keep an eye and if it starts to warp again repeat the process.

Kayakasaurus

I hate to tell ya, but I don't think that Daeodon was trying to "help"  :))
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.