News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Please read/help... Did anyone here...

Started by brettnj, August 11, 2015, 07:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

give my e-mail address to a member or non-member over the past month or so?  This person's name and e-mail address don't yield results in searches here on the forum.

The person first contacted me directly via my e-mail address, which I don't believe I have anywhere on the forum, so I assume a friend, etc., who is a member had to give him my information.

I don't want to give a name yet but someone asked me to buy figures for him and has not responded to numerous attempts to collect payment.

While I allow for the possibility of his being away, etc., this is a huge deal for me as I can not be left buying for people and not getting paid, therefore losing money until I can perhaps sell to someone else.  It's relevant here in the classified section because if it happens enough times (It has certainly happened already.) it could stop me from being able to get figures for everyone.

I appreciate any assistance.
Brett

Sim

Quote from: brettnj on August 11, 2015, 07:37:11 PM
give my e-mail address to a member or non-member over the past month or so?  This person's name and e-mail address don't yield results in searches here on the forum.

The person first contacted me directly via my e-mail address, which I don't believe I have anywhere on the forum, so I assume a friend, etc., who is a member had to give him my information.

I don't want to give a name yet but someone asked me to buy figures for him and has not responded to numerous attempts to collect payment.

While I allow for the possibility of his being away, etc., this is a huge deal for me as I can not be left buying for people and not getting paid, therefore losing money until I can perhaps sell to someone else.  It's relevant here in the classified section because if it happens enough times (It has certainly happened already.) it could stop me from being able to get figures for everyone.

I appreciate any assistance.
Brett

Hi Brett,

As I've never contacted you for anything (yet, anyway!), I don't have your email address or know about what you've described.  I'm replying here though just to say that in some of your first posts on this forum you've included what I'm guessing is your email address.

Good luck, I hope things turn out well for you in the end!

stargatedalek

I definitely don't recall giving anyone your email address, but I have recommended non-members to the forum having given them your username to contact you if they desired. I've never had them mention buying anything from you, so I highly doubt it was anyone I recommended you to. Since it could well be someone I know I'd appreciate it if you were to PM me any other information you have, and I should be able to get you in touch with them.

brettnj

Hey Sim.

I thought about that possibility but the person would have had to have gone back and looked for.  Assume he'd just PM.  But yes, it's a possibility.

I'm hoping he's just travelling but would really like the answer sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Brett

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.