News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

Hey Chris avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon let me be the first (I think) to congratulate you for your Stegosaurus being featured in a Prehistoric Times article on Stegosaurus in the latest issue #135. Nice photo.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 28, 2020, 07:33:34 PM
Hey Chris avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon let me be the first (I think) to congratulate you for your Stegosaurus being featured in a Prehistoric Times article on Stegosaurus in the latest issue #135. Nice photo.

Thanks bud! Always glad to be a part of my favorite magazine ever!

Blade-of-the-Moon

One eye done. It has taken me way too long to actually get this sculpted in but well there it is.  Lol

Shonisaurus

Your painted eye has been great, the look of the theropod with that eye is threatening. I can't wait to see your finished work.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thank you! It's slow going for sure.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wow, great. I hope everything is not too harsh with your Park and the Law and all that Stuff going on with that.

The Head looks great and i sometimes forget the Size you are working in. Or the real Animals Size. Charts and Art and Figures are one thing, but when i see your Screwdrivers/other Tools next to it and imagine a Person next to it... Nice.

Libraraptor

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thank you both.

I just paid another inspector today for a permit for electrical, I have another one coming seems like. The county won so we got them wrapped up with demands at least. To be honest I'm just exhausted.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Here's some progress on the body. I was able to get my cousin to lend a hand and help me mount the head.

Subduction

I'll be honest. Reading about the legal issues both sinks my heart and makes my blood boil. I'm not sure what the situation is now but you have my full support. I only wish that I could go visit the park personally and even donate/help in some way. ;;

Other than that, the Giganotosaurus looks fantastic so far! I love all the sculpturing details. And the eyes look realistic too. I can't wait to see this one completed! :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Subduction on February 04, 2021, 08:51:01 PM
I'll be honest. Reading about the legal issues both sinks my heart and makes my blood boil. I'm not sure what the situation is now but you have my full support. I only wish that I could go visit the park personally and even donate/help in some way. ;;

Other than that, the Giganotosaurus looks fantastic so far! I love all the sculpturing details. And the eyes look realistic too. I can't wait to see this one completed! :D

Thanks, I have very similar feelings, mostly it just me lethargic and depressed.  Just spread the word, we do fundraisers all the time, mostly through facebook, but we have a gofundme here :https://www.gofundme.com/manage/backyard-terrors-dinosaur-park-fundraising   and a paypal we accept donations to.  We take all the help we can get.

Here's an update for the giga where I increased the eye ridge size. 

Loon

Wow, it's looking really good. I think the enlarged eye ridges are a great touch, I feel like a lot of Giganotosaurus reconstructions don't take into account that they were a display feature, so it's great to see them be so prominent.

Subduction

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 05, 2021, 03:37:20 AM
Quote from: Subduction on February 04, 2021, 08:51:01 PM

Thanks, I have very similar feelings, mostly it just me lethargic and depressed.  Just spread the word, we do fundraisers all the time, mostly through facebook, but we have a gofundme here :https://www.gofundme.com/manage/backyard-terrors-dinosaur-park-fundraising   and a paypal we accept donations to.  We take all the help we can get.

Here's an update for the giga where I increased the eye ridge size. 

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope things improve in the future. Thank you for letting me how I can help! I'm not on Facebook anymore but I can keep an eye open for fundraisers and whatnot.

That increased eye ridge looks really good!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on February 05, 2021, 09:02:16 AM
Wow, it's looking really good. I think the enlarged eye ridges are a great touch, I feel like a lot of Giganotosaurus reconstructions don't take into account that they were a display feature, so it's great to see them be so prominent.

Thanks! I was kinda iffy about it but we could say it's sexually dimorphic and it's not as bad as say a late 80's Pachyrhinosaurus... lol  In other practical use they shade the eyes from above helping them to see at this size.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Armed and dangerous! Because I'm often asked how long these guys take so far I have about a week in the arms alone from creation, to added to the piece, to this mostly finished minus paint stage.

Shonisaurus

It is looking great on you. I can't wait to see your finished artwork. Beautiful work of paleoart!

modelnut

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thank you both. Weather has not been cooperating in the past few days so progress has slowed.  But it has given me time work on paint scheme ideas and figure out just how i'm going to move it! lol

Subduction

This looks utterly fantastic! I can't wait to see it completed. Amazing job! :D

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Its remarkable what you're doing, how big will the finished piece be?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: