News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Wow. That Giganotosaurus is looking spectacular, I have to agree that the colors are so pleasing, especially the blue crests. I feel like blue is a relatively underused color on dinosaurs, and I'm happy to see it look so striking here. Also, that Styracosaurus head is already super exciting. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thank you. Blue is one of those colors that i generally feel is difficult to work with like green, but i'm practicing with it more and i think blending as well getting a good gradient helps with the end result. 

Took a pic at night to give it a darker background.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oh boy, what a work! Lookin really good and impressive.
I wish i had the Space, Tools and Money to create something like this. Ot at least try it out. This looks like so much work, with the most work on getting the proportions right, i would guess. Also, the colouration looks really believable.

If i somehow manage to visit the US and A someday, i really would love to see your creations in person. Do i remember it right, that your are based in Texas? Heard a lot of bad things regarding the Weather and i hope you and your Family are alright.

Edit: Oh i feel what you said about green on Animals. It feels and looks "cheap" and unnatural quite fast!

stoneage

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thanks for compliments!  As Stoneage says I'm in TN, you can find our address here backyardterrors.com

Yes getting everything scaled right has lead to many a headache for me. I used to print out a skeletal, usually one of Scott Hartman's, and then lay a sheet of paper over it and make a "scale card" a blank business card I added measurements to after figuring them out for the size drawing. Then I would figure out 2x4 placement. Imagine spacing out 2x4 to get the gradient of a spinal ridge.  I finally started using plywood, I would draw the design out using a square grid then scale that up drawing what was in each square.  As of last year I acquired an old overhead projector and it has made things so much easier. Now  I figure the length and just project it on a wall then lay the plywood on the wall and trace out the parts.

Color has been a bane of my existence since I started art..but I'll digress on that subject for now.. ;)

I did finish the paint last week so he's ready to be installed now.

Shonisaurus

That figure has gained a lot with the touches of paint. You have done a very good job, and it is not fulfilled at least on my part, it is reality. I really like the sculptural and artistic representations of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals and I am surprised not only in your works but also in the rest of the DTF members the mastery and excellence with which you carry out artistic works. I would not be capable of it even remotely.

Newt

That Giganotosaurus is gorgeous!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thank you both! next pics will hopefully be the mounted version!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Giga nicknamed " Zorro" is on the move 

Stegotyranno420

You are some of the coolest people I ever met or known...
Thank you for blessing the world of this model

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 14, 2021, 04:22:03 AM
You are some of the coolest people I ever met or known...
Thank you for blessing the world of this model

Aww...your very welcome!  more pics coming soon!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Wow, it's really taking shape, its beautiful.
How many do you have at your park at any one time?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 14, 2021, 12:50:51 PM
Wow, it's really taking shape, its beautiful.
How many do you have at your park at any one time?

Here's another shot " Bleak Sky " :

Guests or dinosaurs? I get asked about both a lot. lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I mean how many dinosaurs lol, but both now lol, I'd be interested to know.

The Giganotosaurus is looking very fetching
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 16, 2021, 09:09:42 AM
I mean how many dinosaurs lol, but both now lol, I'd be interested to know.

The Giganotosaurus is looking very fetching

I think we are up to 62 or 64 species so far..that said there are multiple velociraptors, ect.  Visitors, on a good busy summer week I would say 2-500?

Giga installed with palm trees.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think this night shot is one of my favorites.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Oh yes, the night time shot is very good.

stoneage

All you need is a string of electric barbwire.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: