News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stoneage on March 18, 2021, 07:52:56 PM
All you need is a string of electric barbwire.

That might be an improvement i add later..would look great with a strobe and siren light that's triggered by a sensor.

stoneage

Yes and you could set it up so that the figure is in the dark and then suddenly lit up.  There should also be a roaring sound. 

Stegotyranno420

i like the roaring idea, but maybe add those super deep vibrations that we know could had been made would highlight the extra science that goes into making these treasures.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I might could do some things for Dino Park in the Dark in June..but anything electric based would be a no-no unless I want to spend a grand or so getting power to that spot on a permanent basis. :/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Our old buddy STAN here getting some botox or foam injections to remove the wrinkles in his face.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Repainted our Ankylosaurus in the park like Bumpy from Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous.   Wonder if I should update the Carnotaurus to Toro? lol

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wow, i completely missed the Updates on your Giganotosaurus. Really impressive work as always!

Painting a few of your Sculptures in the Colours of that show might make a lot of Kids happy. They see something they know from a show they like and having them in these colours doesn't make them inaccurate :-D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on April 22, 2021, 09:55:53 PM
Wow, i completely missed the Updates on your Giganotosaurus. Really impressive work as always!

Painting a few of your Sculptures in the Colours of that show might make a lot of Kids happy. They see something they know from a show they like and having them in these colours doesn't make them inaccurate :-D

Thanks!  I've had a couple parents tell me how much they're kids liked seeing Bumpy. Cries of " It's Bumpy!" apparently were screamed at the top of their lungs lol

Pachyrhinosaurus update from Facebook :

Shonisaurus

Nice prototype of pachyrhinosaurus, by the way those gigantic figures are only made by you or with the help of another / other people? I don't know if I've asked you before.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 23, 2021, 09:32:01 AM
Nice prototype of pachyrhinosaurus, by the way those gigantic figures are only made by you or with the help of another / other people? I don't know if I've asked you before.

I have a friend that help hold things and lift pieces but thats about it.

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 24, 2021, 02:38:26 AM
Repainted our Ankylosaurus in the park like Bumpy from Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous.   Wonder if I should update the Carnotaurus to Toro? lol

Kids love color, especially familiar associations.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on April 23, 2021, 04:32:39 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 24, 2021, 02:38:26 AM

Kids love color, especially familiar associations.

True.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Basic skin done on the Pachyrhino, eyes are temporary placeholders, waiting on my buddy to get them to me.  Lots of details to add, hopefully this weekend.

Kapitaenosavrvs

QuoteI've had a couple parents tell me how much they're kids liked seeing Bumpy. Cries of " It's Bumpy!" apparently were screamed at the top of their lungs lol
Hehe, i can imagine that quite well.

The Pachyrhino looks great. It is clearly a huge progress in your Work. The legs and the whole Bodywork is looking far from stiff or simple (Does that sound like its making sense? I was just comparing the Ankylosaurus and now this one in my Head. Especially the Legs. Huge Improvement!). It is an interesting overall Pose aswell.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on April 28, 2021, 07:22:14 PM
QuoteI've had a couple parents tell me how much they're kids liked seeing Bumpy. Cries of " It's Bumpy!" apparently were screamed at the top of their lungs lol
Hehe, i can imagine that quite well.

The Pachyrhino looks great. It is clearly a huge progress in your Work. The legs and the whole Bodywork is looking far from stiff or simple (Does that sound like its making sense? I was just comparing the Ankylosaurus and now this one in my Head. Especially the Legs. Huge Improvement!). It is an interesting overall Pose aswell.

I Know exactly what you mean! lol Yeah my first pieces did have their own issues, I try to improve with each piece somewhat. I wanted to do more relaxed poses like a real animal, I love theropods, hadrosaurs, ceratopsians, ect.. sitting or laying down probably something they did a lot of the time more than likely.  This was my first experiment with that idea.  It opened up some new challenges that's for sure.  The limbs had to be made before attaching but only to the knees and elbows. Then I had to sit it up and do the belly as once it's done it will be a huge pain to lift. I'm used to stages, whole thing cut out, whole thing wired, all poultry fencing applied, all skinned, not a bit here, bit there, lol   My poor Anky is yeah very rigid, I also based him on Carpenter's more oblong design.  I'm feeling the urge to do another ankylosaur, something bid and wide..not sure what yet.  Unless I just do an "adult" Ankylosaurus lol

Dinoreplicas

Pachyrhinosaurus looking good.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Styracosaurus ready for paint

Giga with foliage grown in

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I love your Styracosaurus so far.
I mean obviously all of them are works of art, but that reminds me if the Battat
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 29, 2021, 03:19:30 PM
I love your Styracosaurus so far.
I mean obviously all of them are works of art, but that reminds me if the Battat

Thanks!  I had the Battat years ago, so maybe some latent inspiration there.  I did use the Deluxe Collecta and Doug's for Safari.

Blade-of-the-Moon

So I had a bit of an issue Friday afternoon, at the time my aunt thought it was a heart attack and rushed me me an urgent care center. Pain and difficulty breathing landed me in the ER an overnight in the hospital via ambulance ride. As far as they could determine my lungs and heart were ok but maybe I pulled a muscle so bad it mimicked one causing so much pain I couldn't breathe, I'm at home taking meds and supposed to be taking it easy.  Apparently I do too much.  So a couple days later my version of taking it easy is to paint a dinosaur.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: