News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 29, 2021, 05:44:09 AM
Apparently I do too much. 

Dude, we can SEE your output (and I suspect what you post is just a small portion of your dailies)! How about taking some time to smell the flowers?

Awesome work of course. The face has a lot of character, despite the resting pose.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 29, 2021, 05:51:11 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 29, 2021, 05:44:09 AM
Apparently I do too much. 

Dude, we can SEE your output (and I suspect what you post is just a small portion of your dailies)! How about taking some time to smell the flowers?

Awesome work of course. The face has a lot of character, despite the resting pose.

The maintenance is kind of bogging me down along with trying to find tree cutting services, restroom builders, and paving help. It's just a lot to do on my own.  I did get help with our event Dino Park in the Dark, came back Sunday to find half the effects were either left on, not put up or weren't even gotten out for the paying guests to see. Irritates me people didn't get the best.  Then I get reviews like this one :

Adventure Kid from Vermont
9 reviews·11 photos
4 days ago NEW
My son is 8 and we have been traveling down to visit this place almost every year since he was 2. (We are from Vermont). He loves it and it is free-if you can get past the overpriced gift shop...sometimes we do, sometimes we dont. I was sad to see the beautiful wooden playground structure gone this year-as well as the animated dino at the end. My son noted this as well. But again-the park is free. It just seemed in more disrepair than usual. Definitely worth a trip for dino-loving kids!

The county officials are the cause of most of it, but just struggling to do more than keep things going. I've been very aware since my mom died when I was a kid we all have a very brief time here and I just want to do the most I can while I can. Now this just feels like yet another hurdle to jump and I haven't even seen the bills that will inevitably come.

Thanks, I nicknamed this guy Papaw the Pachyrhino after my Grandfather.

Kapitaenosavrvs

I am glad, that it was "just" a Muscle. A bad experience but gladly no Heart Attack or something else. I hope the bills for that aren't sky high, since a am not completely familiar with the US Heathsystem. I just know, that it is costly. Hope that will be not the case for you.

As avatar_ITdactyl @ITdactyl said, we can see your Output and even if it looks like these lifesize Animals are something you do on the fly, we all know how much work, Material and Time goes into them. Next to everyday Stuff and other Works.
I am not a long Time Forum User but during my time here, you did a lot of stuff plus the nasty County Officials Stuff. I am more than impressed of what you do in your life and how much you do so others can have a good time. Be kind to you and your Body, too. We just have one of these Meatbags.

Btw. that Pachy looks wonderful. I really see some Baby Pachys nagging and playing around there in the Future, hehe.

Newt

Jeez, I know that must have been scary. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Listen to your doctors!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on June 30, 2021, 10:15:30 AM
I am glad, that it was "just" a Muscle. A bad experience but gladly no Heart Attack or something else. I hope the bills for that aren't sky high, since a am not completely familiar with the US Heathsystem. I just know, that it is costly. Hope that will be not the case for you.

As avatar_ITdactyl @ITdactyl said, we can see your Output and even if it looks like these lifesize Animals are something you do on the fly, we all know how much work, Material and Time goes into them. Next to everyday Stuff and other Works.
I am not a long Time Forum User but during my time here, you did a lot of stuff plus the nasty County Officials Stuff. I am more than impressed of what you do in your life and how much you do so others can have a good time. Be kind to you and your Body, too. We just have one of these Meatbags.

Btw. that Pachy looks wonderful. I really see some Baby Pachys nagging and playing around there in the Future, hehe.

You know I'm not that up on it either, I think my last Doctor appointment was when I was 21 or so? 38 now so a awhile ago.  I've heard the ambulance ride is almost a 1,000.00, urgent care was 200.00, ER was about 800.00 but then I'm told each doctor I "saw" while there bills separately, plus the overnight stay. I'm afraid to see it, with no insurance it's all out of pocket.  My family has had it rough this year, my dad had heart issues and has been in and out of the veteran's hospital, my brother who is younger than me was diagnosed with stage for cancer a couple months back. I just got back a few weeks ago visiting him in Philadelphia.  I'm overweight, flat feet, weak ankles, I mean they have a slew of things to pick from to "fix". heh

Man that would be cool. I'll have to look into some juvenile pachys..

Quote from: Newt on June 30, 2021, 12:10:06 PM
Jeez, I know that must have been scary. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Listen to your doctors!

I was hurting so much I really didn't have much time to feel scared. I just wanted the pain gone. I'm gonna do my best.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Waiting til almost dark for cooler weather, this paint job took two days to finish...ugh...

Charge!

Shonisaurus

Wonderful work of art! How tall is this beauty? That styracosaurus is great.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 01, 2021, 10:35:34 AM
Wonderful work of art! How tall is this beauty? That styracosaurus is great.

Top of the horns are about 8'. Thank you.  ^-^

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That Styracosaurus is unreal, by which I mean it almost looks real. Definitely a lifelike quality about it
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 01, 2021, 06:41:01 PM
That Styracosaurus is unreal, by which I mean it almost looks real. Definitely a lifelike quality about it

Thank you  ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

With the addition of our new adult Styracosaurus our old subadult one is getting converted into a Zuniceratops.  Update and new paint coming soon!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

SidB

Like the position of the white hat. If you leave it there, it will be quite a conversation starter!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on August 09, 2021, 12:21:35 PM
Like the position of the white hat. If you leave it there, it will be quite a conversation starter!

heh heh..that's my everyday work hat. :D 

I might add one for Dino Park in the Dark next year though.. ;)

Danny

I opened this thread and found a charming illustration, then I realized this thread is very very long (and started a long time ago) and I ended up finding photos of real size sculptures of dinosaurs, handpainted and placed in nature.

That's simply amazing and so damn cool!!!!
Probably the coolest thing ever found on a forum.  :D
Incredible.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Danny on August 09, 2021, 07:50:10 PM
I opened this thread and found a charming illustration, then I realized this thread is very very long (and started a long time ago) and I ended up finding photos of real size sculptures of dinosaurs, handpainted and placed in nature.

That's simply amazing and so damn cool!!!!
Probably the coolest thing ever found on a forum.  :D
Incredible.

lol yeah this thread is..lengthy..to say the least heh
I'm glad you like what you found and that you managed to dig through all that too..impressive! 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Added blue jute to simulate water overhead, rockwork being created on back wall.  Still have to paint our big guy too.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

You will have that phenomenal pliosauroid. It is very beautiful, it reminds me of the kronosaurus figure from Collecta, when it comes to color.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: