News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Disney's Dinoland

Started by Doug Watson, August 20, 2015, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 27, 2016, 09:03:18 PM
I didn't take as many as I thought I did. It was quite hard being so crowded, but here's some of the stuff in the interior. Most of the pictures were taken in the main area, but I sat in the long extension which had little dinosaur-related theming, but it was still cool, nonetheless.

Nice shots, thanks for posting. I think they have added some stuff since we went back in 1999 and 2000. We haven't eaten there since then I'll have to pop in the next time I am there.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on April 26, 2016, 05:38:19 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2016, 04:57:04 PM
My brother went to T-Rex last year at Disney...not one souvenir!  He won't be hearing the end og that any time soon.. ;)

Oh btw, those are all Dinamation dinos picked up after they went bankrupt in 2001.

You can't even say ".....and all he got me was this Tee Shirt!" That's cold!

I thought the T rex especially looked familiar but I wasn't sure.

I think they might have some aging skin molds too as they do look a little soft detail-wise.  Billings first pieces were the same as well.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

My wife and I went a couple years ago, and I must say, I was quite upset that the gift shops did not feature a single model by our dear Mr. Watson! (Or any other Safari dinos for that matter.) I'm not sure why, since Disney's Animal Kingdom sells many extant animal models by Safari Ltd. Seems like a huge oversight to me. Fortunately the T-rex Cafe was better stocked, and I picked up a few models there instead. :) I feel a little cheated to hear that there used to be more skeletons on display though. :(

As much as I enjoyed the T-rex Cafe, the animatronics are certainly quite rubbish (unless you have a nostalgic fondness for Dinamation). However, suspended from the ceiling, I noted there were about a half dozen static sculpts of pterosaur species of surprisingly excellent quality. I can't remember if I took any pics though... I'll have to look through my files. Doug got a nice shot of the Pteranodon though! I wonder who sculpted them?

Quote from: Doug Watson on September 01, 2015, 03:50:07 PM

Pteranodon.

There's also a play area in Dinoland that incorporates numerous dinosaur skeletons into the structure, and seemingly pretty accurate ones at that! There was also the traditional dino dig sand pit where the little ones could dig for fossil replicas, though Disney made the unique choice of featuring a Columbian Mammoth instead of more dinosaurs! Signage around the sand pit even encouraged the kids to create scientific hypotheses, such as attempting to figure out whether scratch marks on the bones where made by human hunters or sabertooth cats.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I have pictures of every square inch of the restaurant! I'll post the pterosaurs in a bit if you haven't already.
Here they are!
Darwinopterus:

[Image Removed]

Dsungaripterus:

[Image Removed]

Pteranodon and Tapejara:

[Image Removed]

Rhamphorhynchus:

[Image Removed]

Dsungaripterus:

[Image Removed]
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Thanks, Pachyrhinosaurus! Those really are nice pterosaurs!

Derek.McManus

Visited many years ago...nice to see the changes!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on July 19, 2016, 08:20:51 PM
Thanks, Pachyrhinosaurus! Those really are nice pterosaurs!
No problem. These certainly inspired me to make some on my own; I just need to find the time.  ;)
Save Dinoland USA!

MaastrichtianGuy

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 19, 2016, 02:30:51 PM
I have pictures of every square inch of the restaurant! I'll post the pterosaurs in a bit if you haven't already.
Here they are!
Darwinopterus:

ok btw this is not a Darwinopterus at all.this is another Dsungaripterus and you misspelled the name somehow wrong its not Dsungopterus its Dsungaripterus

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on July 20, 2016, 02:51:49 AM
ok btw this is not a Darwinopterus at all.this is another Dsungaripterus and you misspelled the name somehow wrong its not Dsungopterus its Dsungaripterus
Fixed. I'm not as familiar with Chinese pterosaurs in general. TBH I think the one could be a sordes instead of rhamphorhynchus.
Save Dinoland USA!

MaastrichtianGuy

i found that there is pics of insects that are found in this Place
a Ladybug

a Praying Mantis

an Assassin Bug

a Weevil

Swallotail Caterpillar

a Shield Bug

a Hercules Beetle

Monarch Caterpillar

Paper Wasp

a Dragonfly

and a Beetle

MaastrichtianGuy

i have pics of few more Animatronics
Triceratops Babies

Stegosaurus and Baby

Baby Woolly Mammoths

theres also Fossil Displays found in the Restrooms
a Goniatite Fossil

Knightia Eocaena

a Manticoceras Fossil

Mosasaur Teeth

a Orthoceras Fossil

Trilobite Fossils

Mioplosus with one eating a Knightia

a Larger Orthocone Fossil

Teeth of an Extinct Mackerel Shark

Restroom Door Signs

a Big Jellyfish

an Amethyst Geode

a T-Rex Skeleton Standing Outside of the Place

in the gift shop it has the Solar System where it presents all the Planets including the Sun

Tyrannosaurus Rex Bones on the Wall

a Parasaurolophus in the Entrance

MaastrichtianGuy

the Paleo Zone where they have a dig site where kids can dig fossils in it and also has a creek where they could pan gems,fossils or minerals in it

it has a Truck where alot of Dinosaur Related stuff are put inside

heres the Sign of T-Rex Cafe

the Reservations Podium

Sigmasaurus

I've been to the Disney's DinoLand area and I HAVE been to that ride from Disney's Dinosaur. It is pretty nice!

MaastrichtianGuy

here are the pics from the Boneyard

the chalkboard showing how Paleontology works

the Dig Site featuring a Columbian Mammoth

Corythosaurus,Edmontosaurus and Parasaurolophus

Pachycephalosaurus

the Dinosaur Trackways when you step on them they make sounds

Triceratops

Tyrannosaurus Rex

some Paleontology Equipment

Wow, thanks for the pics, MaastrichtianGuy! You've documented things pretty well. The fossils in the bathroom of the T-rex Cafe were another nice touch that I enjoyed.

Man, the Bone Yard area is such an excellently themed are, it makes me bummed for what the rest of Dinoland USA could've been like. While the dinosaur carnival is explained by the area's backstory, it is a transparently lazy attempt to get away with doing less landscaping. "Oh, it's supposed to be a cheap, bare-bones carnival! Yeah!" Imagine if they'd applied the same commitment and fidelity they gave to the Bone Yard to the whole of Dinoland! That place would be heaven!

MaastrichtianGuy

here is a live exhibit of Abdim's storks or White Bellied Storks and Asian Brown Tortoises

sign boards of the dinosaurs of the Dinosaur ride made by William Stout

the four paintings around the carnotaurus skeleton in the queue of Dinosaur which includes the K-T Extinction

the Cretaceous Period

and the Eocene Period

Another Pachyrhinosaurus

Information Sign for the Cretaceous Trail

Pachyrhinosaurus

Nice pictures. Unfortunately I didn't see the Boneyard for myself since I thought it was just a playground.

Also I just looked up the Stegosaurus sign from your pictures, found it on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MR5WLY9/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1489160108&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=stegosaurus+crossing+sign&dpPl=1&dpID=51Imax2ExaL&ref=plSrch
If it weren't pastic with that watermark at the bottom, I'd have ordered it by now.
Save Dinoland USA!

DakotaDinos

Going back to Disney World this summer for the opening of Pandora. Last time we thought Dinoland was more "kiddy" so we didn't give it a fair chance, that will change this year. Great photos everyone!

CrypticPrism

That ride was hellish for me. It was dark, random, shaky, and nauseating. Of course I was 8 when I rode it.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: