News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

British Museum (Natural History) by Invicta

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Those look very refreshing! TBH I wouldn't be upset if a modern company went the monochrome route with their figures.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

SpartanSquat

Also I see a Quetzalcoatlus! But what happened to these ones?

Takama

Quote from: RolandEden on July 29, 2016, 02:02:44 AM
Also I see a Quetzalcoatlus! But what happened to these ones?

These are hypothetical what if models. created by Robert Telleria, and they were featured in a WHAT IF article in Prehistoric Times 112 (Winter 2015)

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 28, 2016, 10:51:53 PM
Yes. Speaking of PT and Invicta, do you also have the issue dealing with the "Origin of the Series"?

Unfourtunately I don´t :-\
Which one is it?

CityRaptor

Just checked. It begins in 99 and continues in 100, 101 and finally ends in 102.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Postosuchus84

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 29, 2016, 12:44:38 PM
Just checked. It begins in 99 and continues in 100, 101 and finally ends in 102.
Alright. Thanks. I'm going to check my magazines I have in storage at the moment to see what issues I have and see if I can get them scanned for this thread if I have them. Just got to remember to do it. Heh.

Roselaar

Oh wow, those figures look lovely! I would very much have liked to have seen these become reality...

Also wouldn't mind a re-release of the classic molds. Painted or unpainted. I love the monochromes, but it's hard to deny there were some wonderful colour schemes among the painted versions.

terrorchicken

so these are what ifs? does that mean they were figures that were planned but never released? or figures that were ooaks made just for fun for this article?

either way they are lovely! Would have loved to have seen more mammals.

CityRaptor

They were made by Robert Telleria, were never intended for the line and he probably did not make them for the article.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

terrorchicken

^thank you!
This line is probably my favorite retro dinosaur figure line ever. I like them better than early Carnegie figures.

docronnie

I like this line too.  I have been trying to collect them one at a time, without looking on Ebay.  So far, I have nine, I think.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

pako

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 31, 2012, 12:01:06 PM
I recently started a new job and look what I found while sorting out my office. Treasure!

Hi guys, do you know how much this box complete with the 12 dinosaurs is worth ? Cheers  :))

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: pako on August 30, 2016, 10:36:23 AM

Hi guys, do you know how much this box complete with the 12 dinosaurs is worth ? Cheers  :))

Last year I bought on Ebay the Limited Edition Box with Lambeosaurus for 120£ + shipping  ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157656016275480 )...
Mint conditions for the figures / scratches and marks outside the box / no poster ( I bought it separately ).

pako

Thanks for your answer ! Well ... I just bought it in mint conditions from an old woman for 15 euros  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: pako on August 30, 2016, 12:26:47 PM
Thanks for your answer ! Well ... I just bought it in mint conditions from an old woman for 15 euros  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

..well, if I'd have said that I spent 15£, probably you'd have said that you had it for free from a gipsy..... it's normal..  ;)

pako

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on August 30, 2016, 01:33:21 PM

..well, if I'd have said that I spent 15£, probably you'd have said that you had it for free from a gipsy..... it's normal..  ;)

Hahaha, no would still be 15 euros, just got lucky.

Always liked invictas, but as I already collect papos paying the full price wouldn't have been the same for my budget. And I still have to get the other 11 figures which will probably cost me more than it did to you  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: pako on August 30, 2016, 01:56:12 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on August 30, 2016, 01:33:21 PM

Hahaha, no would still be 15 euros, just got lucky.

Always liked invictas, but as I already collect papos paying the full price wouldn't have been the same for my budget. And I still have to get the other 11 figures which will probably cost me more than it did to you  ;)

There is also a complete box edition with almost ALL the Invicta figures. The box is bigger and the front illustration is different.
I saw it a couple of times on Ebay from an USA seller.
Quite expensive too.

pako

Wow nice  :o , I'll keep an eye on ebay and other second hand websites to catch them one by one maybe, do you have them all Robin ?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: pako on August 30, 2016, 02:31:35 PM
Wow nice  :o , I'll keep an eye on ebay and other second hand websites to catch them one by one maybe, do you have them all Robin ?

...only the Blue Whale is still missing...
You can see my complete collection on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157656016275480

Bye
:)

stoneage

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on August 30, 2016, 10:51:15 AM
Quote from: pako on August 30, 2016, 10:36:23 AM

Last year I bought on Ebay the Limited Edition Box with Lambeosaurus for 120£ + shipping  ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157656016275480 )...
Mint conditions for the figures / scratches and marks outside the box / no poster ( I bought it separately ).

Did the little man with the hat come with it?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: