News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The most difficult Papo Dinosaur to Locate?

Started by Saurox, September 20, 2015, 05:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saurox

There seems to be a lot of people attempting to exploit collectors recently. I managed to purchase two T rex v1s a week apart for £6 and £17. However recently I've seen people listing them for £47-£80.

I also managed to get hold of a Raptor v1 in the end (£30) and I've seen that listed at £135 as a starting bid or £230 buy it now.

The new (maybe call them the v3) toys r us exclusive t rex and rapor set only cost me £19.99 (on sale) but i've seen them separately on ebay for £47-£60

That brown running t rex would cost a little over £3,500? ridiculous.

I like the look of the brown running variant, but not enough to part with more than a hundred quid. I'm happy with my own self painted variants.

Plasticbeast95

I don't know about you guys, but I have never seen the Papo Oviraptor in stores.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: masakira on December 03, 2015, 12:48:49 AM

The new (maybe call them the v3) toys r us exclusive t rex and rapor set only cost me £19.99 (on sale) but i've seen them separately on ebay for £47-£60

I also got that set for £19.99, are you saying it might be unreasonable if I now listed it for sale on ebay for £5000?  >:D

Saurox

Saurox

Well, since I wrote this post I have been able to aquire 3 Yellow/brown Papo velociraptors. Unfortunately the brown running t rex is a merely an impossible dream.

BlueKrono

Wow, that is by far the highest asking price I've ever seen for any dinosaur collectible, even the rarest of the rare from 50+ years ago. They must think they're in the comics business rather than the dino toy business.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Reptilia

Been lucky enough to get the original green T-Rex and brown Velociraptor brand new for very reasonable prices, when they were already long retired. I guess the brown running rex is impossible to obtain this way, so I'm happy with what I have.

PumperKrickel

deleted

BlueKrono

Hey, I've got that guy.

Just in green. ::takes out fluorescent orange paint::
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

Look at the price...

One could get a lot better toys for that. It's not even even an unreleased mold, just an unreleased color.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on January 17, 2017, 05:40:27 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on January 17, 2017, 04:07:08 AM
Wow, that is by far the highest asking price I've ever seen for any dinosaur collectible, even the rarest of the rare from 50+ years ago. They must think they're in the comics business rather than the dino toy business.

Prepare to have your mind blown: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262803797796
Is that real? While I would never pay that, that is a holy grail of JP figures if it's real.

Flaffy

That price is certainly a stretch, but I'm not surprised.
People are willing to pay A LOT when it comes to unreleased figures or variants.
A few years back I saw an unreleased ornithosuchus prototype that asked for around 400 USD.
Rare colour variants are worth a lot in the JP community. Holy grails like the JP 'rainbow' scutosaurus and green estemmenosuchus were only known from either smuggled factory samples or rumours of small distributions.

stargatedalek

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on January 17, 2017, 04:52:32 PM
That price is certainly a stretch, but I'm not surprised.
People are willing to pay A LOT when it comes to unreleased figures or variants.
A few years back I saw an unreleased ornithosuchus prototype that asked for around 400 USD.
Rare colour variants are worth a lot in the JP community. Holy grails like the JP 'rainbow' scutosaurus and green estemmenosuchus were only known from either smuggled factory samples or rumours of small distributions.
Exactly, and if ti is real, it's probably the only one of its line to have been found.

CityRaptor

Oh no

BlueKrono

I wonder where that seller got it from. He's having a hard time selling his $4 Batman.

CityRaptor

Good question. Of course his Batman does not sell that well. Every Batman toyline is like 90% Batman variants or something like that.
Oh no

PumperKrickel

deleted

CityRaptor

Not even life-sized figures sell for that much.
Oh no

Saurox

I suppose one of the occupational hazards of being a completest would be how much you're willing to part with to attain the unattainable goal. :)

I like to find the odd running changes in my papo figurines here and there on the off chance. Sometimes painting errors or slightly lighter or darker shades of the originals adds a bit of spice and variety to the display.

I would absolutely love  a Brown running T Rex, but not so much that I would be willing to throw more than my own personal valuation. I'd rather keep my arms and legs than sell them for a repaint of a figurine I already have  ;D

Reptilia

I believe Ebay must have seen crazier days.

*** sorry, my post has been somehow duplicated, feel free to delete ***

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: