News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Place at Natures art village.

Started by laticauda, September 26, 2015, 12:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laticauda

In the fall of 2014 I was looking for a certain Dinosaur toy (I do not even remember what it was) found it online and purchased it.  When the toy was sent, it included a pamphlet for different thing to do at place called Natures Art Village.  When I was thinking of things to do for the summer, I decided to take a chance, I pulled out the pamphlet and took a look at it online.  It looked legit online and I decided that my kids were old enough for an eight hour car drive to Connecticut, so why not take a road trip and see the place.  The destination, the Dinosaur place at Natures art village.  I booked a hotel and we set off on the first week in august.  The whole time I am thinking, is this place going to be fun, is it even still open, and I start picturing National Lampoon vacation.  So, we arrive in Niantic Connecticut were our hotel is.  Supposedly it is only a couple of miles from the Dinosaur place, and I asked the front desk attendant what are the fastest directions to it.  The person stared at me and said, "never heard of the place, is it around here?"  Now I am getting really worried. 

Ok, so the next morning we had off to the park, and the directions take us down a country road, leaving civilization behind us.  After going for a 5-10 miles down a small country road, wondering if I am even going the right direction, I see a big T-Rex holding a coca cola bottle, and a bunch of buildings.  I was so relieved.  Let me tell you, my family and I ended up having an amazing day.  So here are a few pictures of the park.  (Most of the pictures have my family and I in them so sorry for not showing everything)  They have over 40 statues in this park. 

ok, they had one Jurassic Park Gimmick.  This Dilophosaurus was motion activated and would move and spit water.  My kids refused to get near it.   :)

Here are some pictures from the fossil and rock shop.

Cast triceratops

Cast Mosasaur

Real Cave Bear

Yes its real.

I still have to develop the rest of my film, yes I still use film camera, so maybe I'll have more to share.