News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toy forum diorama contest 2015 - poll

Started by DinoToyForum, September 28, 2015, 07:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for up to ten [10] dioramas

1. Velociraptor rampage
19 (9.7%)
2. The Little Red Riding Hood and Mr. Allosaurus
29 (14.8%)
3. Flight or fancy?
7 (3.6%)
4. Jurassic titans
78 (39.8%)
5. Maternal instincts
7 (3.6%)
6. Family of the forest
54 (27.6%)
7. This Triceratops ain't big enough for the both of us
11 (5.6%)
8. Uninvited guests
70 (35.7%)
9. Rearguard action
18 (9.2%)
10. Uphill battle
5 (2.6%)
11. Born to die
21 (10.7%)
12. Beyond coma and despair (countless days without water)
37 (18.9%)
13. Sushi!
14 (7.1%)
14. Something wicked this way comes
8 (4.1%)
15. Strategizing
17 (8.7%)
16. Last of the evening sun
51 (26%)
17. Eat this leaf son and you'll get stronger
4 (2%)
18. Hunting lesson
12 (6.1%)
19. The day Jimi HendRex couldn't find his guitar...
59 (30.1%)
20. Primeval disagreement
20 (10.2%)
21. The callous reaper
11 (5.6%)
22. Forgotten forest
16 (8.2%)
23. Startled by the vacuum cleaner
44 (22.4%)
24. The triumph of the skies
53 (27%)
25. Ferns for breakfast again
72 (36.7%)
26. Bite me!
0 (0%)
27. Ceratopsian scattering!
26 (13.3%)
28. The endgame
8 (4.1%)
29. Hard to swallow buffet
13 (6.6%)
30. Morning meal
4 (2%)
31. Waterhole trap
8 (4.1%)
32. The reckless Troodon
5 (2.6%)
33. Here comes trouble
49 (25%)
34. A southern meal to go
6 (3.1%)
35. Fight or flight
3 (1.5%)
36. Squabble
16 (8.2%)
37. Eye to eye
4 (2%)
38. Through stormy skies
24 (12.2%)
39. Raptors on the hunt
9 (4.6%)
40. Expedition archive photo #21, Central Africa, 1933
46 (23.5%)
41. T-Rex trouble
19 (9.7%)
42. The wild and the innocents
50 (25.5%)
43. Confronting the raging tyrants
4 (2%)
44. Do you tango? - Argentinian scene
16 (8.2%)
45. Sneaking predator
3 (1.5%)
46. King of the hill
10 (5.1%)
47. Blue lagoon
60 (30.6%)
48. Such a peaceful day
2 (1%)
49. Jurassic chaser
14 (7.1%)
50. Cretaceous clifftop call
31 (15.8%)
51. Nothing to me?
2 (1%)
52. Take me with you
42 (21.4%)
53. Triassica - the feast
11 (5.6%)
54. One for the road
19 (9.7%)
55. When hunger strikes you take risks
15 (7.7%)
56. Euh-ohplocephalus
1 (0.5%)
57. His domain/Triassic sunset
31 (15.8%)
58. Catch
20 (10.2%)
59. Please, Ms. Olorotitan. Do not judge a hadrosaur by the size of his crest
9 (4.6%)
60. Gardeners of the river
50 (25.5%)
61. Chinese chain reaction
30 (15.3%)
62. Let's fight!
3 (1.5%)
63. To go up or to go down? That is the cretacic question
8 (4.1%)
64. Terror stalks lakeside
14 (7.1%)
65. Get out of my tree!
6 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Voting closed: October 28, 2015, 06:50:17 PM

DinoToyForum

As per the rules: "In the event of a tie for any position, a tie-break poll will be created."

Simon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 26, 2015, 06:20:21 PM
As per the rules: "In the event of a tie for any position, a tie-break poll will be created."

In other words, a "run-off election" as they are called over on this side of The Pond.  Exciting Stuff!!

Wow, 159 members voted? That blows last year's 122 out of the water!  (Still, that's only an 11.5% turnout ... although there are probably a large number of members who joined the DTF to make 1 or 2 posts and then never came back)

Gwangi

Quote from: Simon on October 26, 2015, 07:37:26 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 26, 2015, 06:20:21 PM

In other words, a "run-off election" as they are called over on this side of The Pond.  Exciting Stuff!!

Wow, 159 members voted? That blows last year's 122 out of the water!  (Still, that's only an 11.5% turnout ... although there are probably a large number of members who joined the DTF to make 1 or 2 posts and then never came back)

I have a feeling the list of inactive members is far longer than the list of active ones. A lot of people join and never post, or just join for the contest (though I hope they at least vote) or are long time members that just don't come around anymore.

Arul

Tie-break poll ? Great :D and the fun still continues dont stop the fun :D

docronnie

I stopped voting since I felt this is not really a diorama contest. The ones who made real dioramas always loses.

Maybe we should categorize next time,  I just feel that the ones,  who really made dioramas be differentiated from the ones who posed their figures in nature and used some Photoshop.

I was asked by Dr.  Adam to vote,  so I did. Hope I voted for the real dioramas.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: docronnie on October 27, 2015, 03:19:15 AM
I stopped voting since I felt this is not really a diorama contest. The ones who made real dioramas always loses.

Maybe we should categorize next time,  I just feel that the ones,  who really made dioramas be differentiated from the ones who posed their figures in nature and used some Photoshop.

I was asked by Dr.  Adam to vote,  so I did. Hope I voted for the real dioramas.
Can you clarify what you mean by "real dioramas"? Thanks :)

suspsy

Oh, not this bickering over what is and isn't a 'real' diorama again. Why can't everyone just have fun?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

This again :(

If contest participants solicit multiple votes through friends and family (or other means) then this undermines the voting process, and it is not allowed. It would therefore cause me to take action, such as disqualification. Suspicious activity will be investigated.

If anyone is worried that they may have inadvertently undermined the anonymous nature of the contest then I would greatly appreciate a PM or email from you so we can sort it out without me having to take action. Thanks!  C:-)

stargatedalek

I'm sorry for bringing it up again, but I just have to say that while I agree this isn't a "real diorama contest", that isn't what matters, not at all. I could get all semantic and what not over it and claim we should separate it into sections, but I won't because diorama has varying definitions. I don't think anyone would claim that this is a professional diorama contest/context correct? Since this isn't a professional context I think we can all agree that we should use the vernacular definition? The vernacular definition of diorama is a 3D landscape created using models or apertures typically (but not always) in miniature and with a flat background.

Separating it would just be an awful lot of headaches for absolutely everyone involved just to satisfy a few people, but alas I for one wouldn't mind seeing a new name for the contest, if only to satisfy any semantics and prevent these sorts of discussions and voting bias from happening again.

Gwangi

This debate was done to death a few pages back with Dr. Admin already settling the issue. Since there was almost no contest at all I don't think asking him to do even more work is the best route here.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 27, 2015, 11:53:53 AM
This again :(

If contest participants solicit large numbers of votes through friends and family (or other means) then this undermines the voting process, and it is not allowed. It would therefore cause me to take action, such as disqualification. Suspicious activity will be investigated.

If anyone is worried that they may have inadvertently undermined the anonymous nature of the contest then I would greatly appreciate a PM or email from you so we can sort it out without me having to take action. Thanks!  C:-)

Again? That's really lame and ruins it if it true.

Almost there! Good luck everyone!

suspsy

So will the winners be announced on the 28th, or is that just when voting closes?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

Quote from: Gwangi on October 27, 2015, 01:19:08 PM
This debate was done to death a few pages back with Dr. Admin already settling the issue. Since there was almost no contest at all I don't think asking him to do even more work is the best route here.
I didn't mean to imply that, my apologies if I did. I was saying that different categories wouldn't work for that very reason, and I was just trying to throw around ideas that could satisfy everyone with no extra work.

Arul

Quote from: suspsy on October 27, 2015, 01:43:58 PM
So will the winners be announced on the 28th, or is that just when voting closes?

Voting close on 28th but official decision will announce by dr.admin in separate thread

Gwangi

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 27, 2015, 01:56:39 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 27, 2015, 01:19:08 PM
I didn't mean to imply that, my apologies if I did. I was saying that different categories wouldn't work for that very reason, and I was just trying to throw around ideas that could satisfy everyone with no extra work.

No worries, my post was directed towards Docronnie. I know you an I are very much in agreement about the issue.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Arul on October 27, 2015, 02:35:46 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 27, 2015, 01:43:58 PM

Voting close on 28th but official decision will announce by dr.admin in separate thread

28th is when the voting closes and the poll votes are revealed. However, the official results will be announced later. When the poll closes I may still be investigating suspicious voting activity, so there may be adjustments or even disqualifications. I hope it doesn't come to that - I'd rather any issues get resolved via pm anonymously and encourage anyone worried about potential disqualification to contact me. So, this is to clarify that the actual final result will be announced after the poll results.

Federreptil

I don't think so negative about the effort of doing "real" dioramas. Isn't my 'horrible horn horde', winner of the last year a real diorama? Build on a table in-house without natural surroundings. Or don't count this because it's only a temporary set? I think some diorama-entries of this year could be much more impressive with the right - in most cases - lower angle of view. And this is no point against real dioramas but maybe an advice for their presentation.

irimali

I was  about to mention your winning diorama from last year.  Definitely a diorama in the traditional sense. 

docronnie-please do vote.  vote for the ones you think deserve it most.  even if they don't win, at least let them know someone appreciates the work they did. 

Quote from: Federreptil on October 27, 2015, 06:36:55 PM

I don't think so negative about the effort of doing "real" dioramas. Isn't my 'horrible horn horde', winner of the last year a real diorama? Build on a table in-house without natural surroundings. Or don't count this because it's only a temporary set? I think some diorama-entries of this year could be much more impressive with the right - in most cases - lower angle of view. And this is no point against real dioramas but maybe an advice for their presentation.

Dinomike

Oh the agony of waiting! Just a little more to go!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

Docronnie, have you see the 3rd position last year ? Its irimali's diorama, very impressive handmade/original diorama

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: