News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Darko's Dino Book Collection

Started by Darko2300, May 09, 2012, 10:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darko2300

After reading through Gwangi's thread detailing his book collection, I was inspired to start one of my own. I think I own more dinosaur-related books than just about anything else. Hopefully my photography skills will improve with time, though I suppose you have to give me a little credit - I'm using an 11-year old digital camera.  ::)

To start off:

The Making of Jurassic Park by Jody Duncan & The Making of the Lost World: Jurassic Park (also by Jody Duncan)

Dinosaurs An A-Z Guide by Michael Benton & Dinosaurs and Other Archosaurs by Peter Zallinger (These were kept from my childhood)

Supergiants! by Don Lessem & Supercroc by Christopher Sloan (This came out at the same time as that awesome Supercroc documentary)

Next of Kin by Lowell Dingus & The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs by Dougal Dixon

The New Dinosaurs (Re-issue) & Dinosaur Discoveries (too bad this wasn't released in hardcover) both by William Stout

Hunting Dinosaurs by Louie Psihoyos & National Geographic Dinosaurs by Paul Barrett

Textbooks: Dinosaurs: A Concise Natural History & The Evolution and Extinction of Dinosaurs 2nd Ed. both by David E. Fastovsky & David B. Weishampel

I've got tons more, so stay tuned!  ;D

Gwangi

You have a nice collection of books there and the photographs look great. I am curious what the inside of "Dinosaurs and Other Archosaurs" looks like. I'm very jealous that you have "The Making of Jurassic Park", I only have the Lost World book.

DinoFan45

I have the Jurassic park books, and read the Peter Zallinger one too many times to count.
"Life will find a way."

Chasmosaur

Can you post pics of the various parts of National Geographics Dinosaur? The cover looks intriguing but I would like to see if there's a lot of color pictures in there.

Thanks

amargasaurus cazaui

I love that book "Hunting Dinosaurs" I have seen two other dust jacket variations at least on that one !! For the person that asked about the National Geographic dinosaur book, it is LOADED with pictures and art, alot done by Raul Martin.  If I were to have a complaint for the book it would be the text is not heavily in depth and starting to become a tad dated. For pictures however its worth the price alone
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.