News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on January 26, 2016, 05:08:35 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 26, 2016, 12:03:56 AM
Ouch Doug.. I bet you do!
I actually had one of the little buggers myself and that "first hand experience" is quite painful!

Glad you got that, I wasn't sure if anyone would if I didn't use an emoji :) My girl was pretty good with me I think she only got me once when she was young as she got bigger it was the first contact you had to watch out for, after she was in my hands she calmed down fast. My Dad on the other "hand" decided to take her out to take a picture when she was three feet long and I wasn't home, my Dad has bandaids on three fingers in the picture. :o

ha! I had the ' go for it" approach when i first had mine, still have small little scars from that. lol  I my head full of these cute baby gators and crocs that don't bite from tv shows.... ::)

Takama

The closest i ever got to being bitten by a Gator, was a time laid my hand on the teeth of one of those dead Gator heads you find at some stores. Those teeth are sharp.

To get back on topic, That Baryonx looks like a Bad@$$

AcroSauroTaurus

The only "gators" we get here in Iowa are Alligator Snapping Turtles!

And I agree with Takama on the look of the Bary, now that I've seen a real picture of it I've changed my mind and I'll be getting it!
I am the Dinosaur King!

Takama

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 26, 2016, 05:54:24 AM
The only "gators" we get here in Iowa are Alligator Snapping Turtles!

And I agree with Takama on the look of the Bary, now that I've seen a real picture of it I've changed my mind and I'll be getting it!

I live in Fort Madison and the Gators Restaurant in Burlington had a Dwarf Caiman for a pet in an Aquarium 

Arul

Im login to the forum just to see this thread, and wowwww im really sorry for what i've said about the baryo before. He looks so badass, totally different with the catalogue picture. One of the best "better than the catalogue picture" nomination ?  >:D that kaprosuchus is badass too, as always, papo crocodilian...cant wait to see the feathered velociraptor

My special thanks to POP of FAN, big thanks mate!

Everything_Dinosaur

Latest pics on the new Papo prehistoric animal models.  We put together two blog articles, the first covers those models due out in a few weeks time, the Baryonyx, the feathered Velociraptor and the Running T. rex colour variant.   The second article features the brilliant Papo Kaprosuchus (our favourite) and the green Velociraptor (paint variant).

There will be no retirements from Papo's prehistoric animal range this year.  In the articles we also give measurements and provide an approximate scale etc.

Papo 2016 Baryonxy, Feathered and T. rex

Papo Kaprosuchus and Velociraptor

The Papo Kaprosuchus and the green Velociraptor are scheduled for release later on this year (June/July)?

Hope this helps.

MLMjp

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on January 26, 2016, 12:31:51 PM
Latest pics on the new Papo prehistoric animal models.  We put together two blog articles, the first covers those models due out in a few weeks time, the Baryonyx, the feathered Velociraptor and the Running T. rex colour variant.   The second article features the brilliant Papo Kaprosuchus (our favourite) and the green Velociraptor (paint variant).

There will be no retirements from Papo's prehistoric animal range this year.  In the articles we also give measurements and provide an approximate scale etc.

Papo 2016 Baryonxy, Feathered and T. rex

Papo Kaprosuchus and Velociraptor

The Papo Kaprosuchus and the green Velociraptor are scheduled for release later on this year (June/July)?

Hope this helps.

It is good to know that the most wanted figures will come the first ;D ;D ;D

CityRaptor

Oooh, nice! I already wanted the Bary before.

So the Feathered one is "in-scale" with the other Raptors.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

empire3569

I talked to Mike from Everything Dinosaur, and he said that in examining the Baryonyx first hand it was in a tripodal pose.  :-\ I wish the photos from Papo korea had better views of the legs and tail, this news is disappointing to say the least

teddybier

So the wait is almost over. The real life pictures look great! And about the baryonyx bipodal/tripodal pose: I guess it will be a matter of balance, maybe differing from model to model. I have two papo raptors able to stand on their feet alone, the third one does need its tail.

Moodyraptor

Still not sure about the bary.  In fact, I'm even less sure, I had kind of reconciled myself to the idea of a tubby bear baryonyx.  It just looks off to me somehow, it fails the "convincing real animal" test for me (which a model can pass without being an accurate rendition of the animal it's meant to be).

Also not sure what's so new and green about the new green raptor, it looks just like the old brown one to me.  Maybe it's greener in real life? 

Viking Spawn

These are going to be released in a few weeks?   That is FANTASTIC news!!! 

Dinomike

I just really really like the Baryonyx - I don't know why that is but still, it does have a lot of charm:)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shonisaurus

Nevertheless I'll take the velociraptor and feathered Kaprosuchus.

The baryonyx Papo but is beautifully detailed looks like a fantastic figure.

The other two running tryannosaurus rex and velociraptor green figures are repainted.

Rain

Their JP raptors are either bipods or tripods depending on your luck, I'm assuming their Bary is going to behave the same way

Dilopho

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 26, 2016, 01:43:08 PM
More like "In-Feathered", haha!

JurassicGeek09

For those of us who are disappointed with the Baryonyx, remember to vote with our wallets. It's the only thing Papo will listen to.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

CityRaptor

Why would one buy a figure he/she does not want anyways?

Quote from: Dilopho on January 26, 2016, 09:35:39 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on January 26, 2016, 01:43:08 PM
More like "In-Feathered", haha!

Muhahaha.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Silvanusaurus

Hang on... is the feathered velociraptor a quadruped? I have to say, based on this image, it doesn't look anywhere near as impressive as the Baryonyx, nor as good as it did in the catalogue, but maybe that's just the angle.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 26, 2016, 10:47:45 PM
Why would one buy a figure he/she does not want anyways?

To have their collection 100% complete....so basically me..... I know it might seem odd but I have collected papos ever since I was basically a baby so I actually do have every papo that they've released (even the "rare" ones like the brown running rex) so I personally just like to say that my collection is 100 % complete even if I might not love every figure they release.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: