News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Arul on March 20, 2016, 03:05:36 PM
Thank you Shonisaurus :) the video show the figure from all angle unfortunately the lighting is too bright and sometimes the camera cant focus, but this video is increasing my excitement for papo feathered vraptor, cant wait until they finally available in indonesia :D

Arul anything. True looks too bright images. However it will be feathered at least velociraptor figure of the year with respect to Papo.

So I know it is that within a week these figures will be available in Europe in Asia I guess it does not take long.

terrorchicken

Victoria's Cantina

Nice to see an actual, presumed production sample. I agree the video quality isn't the best, and there seems to be some enhanced contrast, but it gives me a good enough idea of what to expect. It actually reminds me a bit of the Rebor Utahraptor, especially with the way they did the mouth. I like it! Definitely a must-have for me, unlike the Bary, which I've yet to pull the trigger on.

tanystropheus

This is a much better Velociraptor than Papo's previous model, albeit, less iconic.

Shadowknight1

I'm...a little underwhelmed, to be honest, mostly with the paintjob on the head.  The paint on the stock photo's head was varied and detailed, this looks very same-y.  The body looks great though, and the gloss gives the feathers a nice sheen.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dinomike

I'm very happy with my Baryonyx! And the feathered Velociraptor looks great. The only thing I'm not fond of is the large seam on the tail.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Fluffysaurus

I hope this was a sample product. Altough i like it, the catalog sample looked a lot better. Al well thank goodness creative beast will do one too.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Saurox

It looks very cool. All we need is a release date.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Dinomike on March 20, 2016, 10:20:45 PM
I'm very happy with my Baryonyx! And the feathered Velociraptor looks great. The only thing I'm not fond of is the large seam on the tail.

In terms of "lifelikeness", I think the Baronyx has the best overall head sculpt of any Papo model to date.

MLMjp

Looks really nice, but as a lot of you had said, the quality of the video is not the best and the figure does not shine in all it's glory (JurassicCollectables we are waiting..... ::))

And now that I have seen it for different angles I can confirm that the headsculp looks enough velociraptor-like :) And the crests are not too oversized. The colors are more vibrant, which I think is nice. :)

Dobber

I agree the head does look better than I originally thought, but does anyone else think the tail looks off. Like it is too short or something. It may just be the small size of the "plume" on its end that gives it that forced perspective quality. Anyone else get that feeling?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

terrorchicken

^yes, looking at it again i think the tail could be a bit longer...

Shonisaurus

Have arrived in Spain the Papo dinosaurs; tyrannosaurus rex running brown, feathered velociraptor and Kaprosuchus in www.tododinosaurios.com link.

https://es-es.facebook.com/tododinosaurios/

Everything indicates that these figures will be released in the global market.

sauroid

gorgeous Kaprosuchus.
(how come Papo make their blunted teeth look alright and non off putting whereas Schleich's blunted teeth make their ridiculous looking figures even more laughable?)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

So here's the damnedest thing.

I popped into a Mastermind Toys store this afternoon only to find that they had the Baryonyx in stock! Naturally, this made me very happy---until I tried to buy it. It came up at $58 Canadian including tax! :o That's more expensive than even the Brachiosaurus!

None of the employees knew why it was priced so steep and it currently isn't listed on the MM website. So I passed on it. No way in hell I was going to pay that amount of money. I sure hope this is just some kind of mistake in the system.

Fellow Canadians living in Ottawa or the GTA, let me know if you encounter the same problem, please!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on March 23, 2016, 06:02:04 PM
A video review of the Papo Kaprosuchus:

:D The one and only prehistoric Papo figure I really want this year.

Shonisaurus

It's impressive size Kaprosuchus. Moreover Papo prototypes this year differ with regard to color with the actual figure salable.

As the baryonyx was about duller colors the prototype with respect to the real figure, in the case of Kaprosuchus is quite the opposite.

First of all thanks for sharing Robin figure looks magnificent. Another reason to buy it.

oscars_dinos

Ive liked this figure ever sense the image got released the only thing that surprised me was the size I truly don't know how I feel about it mainly because I had gotten comfortable with my idea that it would be around the size of their pachyrhinosaurus

AcroSauroTaurus

Kaprosuchus looks great! The first non catalog pictures I saw of it weren't that good, but now that I've seen other pictures and this video, I really want it. :))
I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: