News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

I held the Dimetrodon in my hands yesterday. It was not as bad as I thought. If it had a neck, it even would make a pretty good figure.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 30, 2016, 10:30:06 PM
Forum members have displayed on the facebook page everythingdinosaurs the dunkleosteus Schleich.

Link:

https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/photos/pb.154141751286381.-2207520000.1454192814./1091683587532188/?type=3&theater

It does not seem bad figure but looks a little weird ... it seems as if regarding unfinished painting. Moreover, the shell is silver.

I think it looks great. Especially because it could've been worse... much worse.
I am the Dinosaur King!

terrorchicken

not bad, I like the colors... well maybe not the shiny silver, should have just been gray.

Takama

Libraraptor

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 30, 2016, 10:30:06 PM
Forum members have displayed on the facebook page everythingdinosaurs the dunkleosteus Schleich.

Link:

https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/photos/pb.154141751286381.-2207520000.1454192814./1091683587532188/?type=3&theater

It does not seem bad figure but looks a little weird ... it seems as if regarding unfinished painting. Moreover, the shell is silver.

I'm really liking that rusty colour on the body, it's very understated coming from Schleich. It'll be interesting to see how the articulated jaw works out on a fish...

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 30, 2016, 11:31:40 PM
I held the Dimetrodon in my hands yesterday. It was not as bad as I thought. If it had a neck, it even would make a pretty good figure.

I agree with you Libraraptor. Dimetrodon I bought yesterday and I can assure that although it is not a work of art is not a bad figure. Besides that has five toes on all four feet.

Roselaar

I like the Dunkleosteus more than I thought I would. The Herrerasaurus... less so. The Barapasaurus is still only good for being a Barapasaurus, otherwise it's not a great figure.

AcroSauroTaurus

The Barapasaurus doesn't look too bad.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Dilopho

Quote from: Takama on January 31, 2016, 07:57:25 AM

It's another Collecta Shunosaurus situation...ugly head, great body!

Everything_Dinosaur

Very short video clip from Everything Dinosaur, confirming that the Schleich Dunkleosteus does indeed have an articulated lower jaw (or should that be shears)?

Link to the article that shows the clip: A Sneaky Peek at Dunkleosteus

Shonisaurus

It seems pretty figure, but the video is very short.

AcroSauroTaurus

The Dunkleosteus has an articulated jaw? :o That will make for some good dioramas! ;) I'm definitely getting that figure now!
I am the Dinosaur King!

SpartanSquat

I dont know why but Schleich models looks better in photos than the catalog pics!
Also here is Herrerasaurus.

Its me or the head looks little sloopy¿

MLMjp

That "Herrerasaurus" reminds me of the "raptor" on the left in this picture

Please avoid saying anything about the feathernazis and stuff. I posted this picture just for comparison

sauroid

that Herrerasaurus looks sloppy all over.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Ah, good old "Schleich Quality"!
Color-wise it seems to take inspiration from this model:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Pachyrhinosaurus

I might buy that one just to paint it like the one from Jurassic Park:
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

LophoLeeVT

hey cityraptor wasnt the herrerasaurus from the senkenberg museum????
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

CityRaptor

Among others. It is part of a wandering exhibition about Argentinian Dinosaurs, touring several museums world wide.

Found their website:
http://www.expodinos-cubo.com/

It is either based on the Herrerasaurus or the "Frenguellisaurus" of that exhibition.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: