News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I will admit, some names are easier for me to memorize then others.

tyrantqueen

QuoteI think you are misspelling Dunkleosteus there. Second time you do that in your posts. I had to point it out, just a nitpick of mine. As a matter of fact, I have noticed how many people misspell prehistoric creatures names, despite the fact that they claim to be knowleadgeable about prehistoric life. Prehistoric Times has loads of misspellings of prehistoric names too, believe it or not.

Maybe we should create a topic about it in the forum, to avoid going to much off topic here.

Yep, I noticed it too. Not just dinosaur names but also grammatical errors as well. Tracy Lee Ford's book, which is a compilation of the articles he wrote for PT, is atrocious. It's hard to believe it made it to print with so many mistakes.

pylraster

These look very bad. Except for the Dunk!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 11, 2015, 02:45:26 PM
Although nothing has to do with the forum Schleich pelican is one of the few figures that have impacted me.
This, so much this. It's an absolutely beautiful piece, and it's not fused to a base or fused with a fish permanently in it's bill which makes it all the better.

Well, it IS still a dinosaur after all ;)

Sim

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 11, 2015, 03:38:19 PM
I think you are misspelling Dunkleosteus there. Second time you do that in your posts. I had to point it out, just a nitpick of mine. As a matter of fact, I have noticed how many people misspell prehistoric creatures names, despite the fact that they claim to be knowleadgeable about prehistoric life. Prehistoric Times has loads of misspellings of prehistoric names too, believe it or not.

Maybe we should create a topic about it in the forum, to avoid going to much off topic here.

I think a thread about prehistoric name mispellings could be quite interesting!  I can think of a few mispellings I've seen more than once, where oddly the dinosaur genus name gets separated into two parts!

Takama

Quote from: Sim on October 11, 2015, 05:44:59 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on October 11, 2015, 03:38:19 PM
I think you are misspelling Dunkleosteus there. Second time you do that in your posts. I had to point it out, just a nitpick of mine. As a matter of fact, I have noticed how many people misspell prehistoric creatures names, despite the fact that they claim to be knowleadgeable about prehistoric life. Prehistoric Times has loads of misspellings of prehistoric names too, believe it or not.

I think a thread about prehistoric name mispellings could be quite interesting!  I can think of a few mispellings I've seen more than once, where oddly the dinosaur genus name gets separated into two parts!

Done

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3952.msg114877;topicseen#new

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 11, 2015, 04:08:28 PM
QuoteI think you are misspelling Dunkleosteus there. Second time you do that in your posts. I had to point it out, just a nitpick of mine. As a matter of fact, I have noticed how many people misspell prehistoric creatures names, despite the fact that they claim to be knowleadgeable about prehistoric life. Prehistoric Times has loads of misspellings of prehistoric names too, believe it or not.

Yep, I noticed it too. Not just dinosaur names but also grammatical errors as well. Tracy Lee Ford's book, which is a compilation of the articles he wrote for PT, is atrocious. It's hard to believe it made it to print with so many mistakes.

My subscription is currently lapsed--but I could never get past the lack of italics for the proper binomial names. Whether you hit CTRL+B or CTRL+I, it takes the same effort to properly format.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: A.Garcia on October 11, 2015, 05:21:56 AM
It's nice to see a Saichania based on more accurate reconstructions. I look forward to seeing it from other angles. I agree it probably deserves a larger-scaled version.
Probably in 2017, I saw one list of retired figures and saichania was one of the reitred dinosaurs. Probably we will see new molds for the retired dinosaurs

Centrosaur86

Children aged from 3 to 11 years will be very happy with it. ... Sorry.  Only the Dunkleosteus looks good.

Takama

Quote from: RolandEden on October 11, 2015, 06:40:26 PM
Quote from: A.Garcia on October 11, 2015, 05:21:56 AM
It's nice to see a Saichania based on more accurate reconstructions. I look forward to seeing it from other angles. I agree it probably deserves a larger-scaled version.
Probably in 2017, I saw one list of retired figures and saichania was one of the reitred dinosaurs. Probably we will see new molds for the retired dinosaurs

I am sad to see the original being retired, because if they make a new one for the World of History Collection i wont be able to buy it.     Really I hope they will call it something related like Tarchia, but If they don't, at least there predecessor was retired.

SpartanSquat

For the interested in the retired ones: http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/Schleich-Figures/Schleich-retiered-2016:::139_811.html
Im still thinking why they will retire the small dinosaurs even releasing 4 small dinosaurs.

Takama

My only guess is that its either an Errror, or there will be Repaints of them later in the year.

Either way, these first releases will be collectible. There now on my want list.

Plasticbeast95

The unknown species is nice, but it needs some work on its head sculpt. The rest suffer from "monsteritis", with all sorts of wrinkles, weird jawlines and backspines. A sad trend for Schleich dinosaurs over the last couple of years.

Dinomike

Sleich has so much potential - I mean, just look at the level of detailing and we all remember the fantastic Kentrosaurus. If only they googled their dinosaurs. A five minute search would provide them with plenty of source material to go with. Oh well...
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

stargatedalek

Personally I vastly prefer the monsters to the children's blob shaped animals which were all we were getting up until last year.

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: Dinomike on October 11, 2015, 07:42:24 PM
Sleich has so much potential - I mean, just look at the level of detailing and we all remember the fantastic Kentrosaurus. If only they googled their dinosaurs. A five minute search would provide them with plenty of source material to go with. Oh well...

They have potential, the problem is that they squander their talents by giving their dinosaurs movie makeovers. Dilophosaurus is cool enough on its own, it doesn't need backspines, for example.

sauroid

has it been confirmed/verified that the grey bipedal thing is a Herrerasaurus?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on October 11, 2015, 08:15:21 PM

Im working on solving the mystery.

The maker of that list said he assumed it was a Baryonx. But I Sent him a Pm to ask him if he changed it because of us saying it was incorrect or if some one with The company told him to change it to the correct name.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RolandEden on October 11, 2015, 06:59:15 PM
For the interested in the retired ones: http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/Schleich-Figures/Schleich-retiered-2016:::139_811.html
Im still thinking why they will retire the small dinosaurs even releasing 4 small dinosaurs.

What it has been a commercial failure nth Schleich regarding the dinosaurs have discontinued many figures that have lasted less than a year.

Moreover dinosaurs World History Schleich not fetch them worse. They should be left over money to uncatalog many figures and that the company does not sink.

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: Takama on October 11, 2015, 08:19:12 PM
Quote from: sauroid on October 11, 2015, 08:15:21 PM

Im working on solving the mystery.

The maker of that list said he assumed it was a Baryonx. But I Sent him a Pm to ask him if he changed it because of us saying it was incorrect or if some one with The company told him to change it to the correct name.

I think its safe to say that its not a Baryonyx.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: