News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Part of my collection

Started by Dino-myte!!, November 01, 2015, 03:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino-myte!!

My few pterosaurs hijacked the Falcon and ate all the Mynocks...

Dino-myte!!

My older collection.....started out with the Invicta models when I used to live in England.

Dino-myte!!

Nebuloid

Awesome ! Very similar to my collection, star wars and dinosaurs always battling for position .

Dino-myte!!

Quote from: Nebuloid on November 01, 2015, 04:05:59 AM
Awesome ! Very similar to my collection, star wars and dinosaurs always battling for position .

Yes, thank you. Nice to be able to finally share my photos here. Can't just collect one theme line.😀

Libraraptor

This is great! Dinosaurs and Star Wars - two of my passions united in one collection. I like the Pterosaurs on the Falcon. Mynock - Style!

Hey, what do you think of more and more dino-style creatures appearing in the Star Wars universe? The Dewbacks and Tauntauns were just the beginning.

Roselaar

Looking good! Great Star Wars stuff as well. :)

Dino-myte!!

Watched Jurassic World Blu-ray and I must say, it was still an awesome movie the second time around. Even my Dino-pets enjoyed the concessions.

Libraraptor

Enjoy your meal, you little theropods :D
Dino-myte, I can´t identify two figures in the Invicta box. Is that an Ankylosaurus and the orange one a little theropod? To my knowledge, Invicta never released either of these, but they seem to fit in there quite well. Could you share a detailed picture, please?

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

mest

Very nice display. Jurassic and Star Wars universe fit togehter really well.

Dino-myte!!

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 01, 2015, 05:05:01 PM
This is great! Dinosaurs and Star Wars - two of my passions united in one collection. I like the Pterosaurs on the Falcon. Mynock - Style!

Hey, what do you think of more and more dino-style creatures appearing in the Star Wars universe? The Dewbacks and Tauntauns were just the beginning.

Funny you know, when I first saw Star Wars, I thought those were earth dinosaurs like the Dewbacks. I said look, ankylosaurs without armor!! I thought Tauntauns were prehistoric kangaroos with horns. The Mynocks, sucker-mouth pterodactyls. And the titanic space slug, a blind enormous brontosaurus with ugly teeth hibernating in a tunnel.

Till I realized, oh it was a different world, an alternate universe so to speak. Thank goodness our dinosaurs are still our dinosaurs, not some altered or evolved space-spanning creatures. But like you said, more dinosaur-like creatures in Star Wars, the better the movies will be. That's the reason why George Lucas revised his SW animals, after having seen Jurassic Park.

Good to know you're into Star Wars as well.

Dino-myte!!

Quote from: Roselaar on November 01, 2015, 05:59:24 PM
Looking good! Great Star Wars stuff as well. :)

Thank you. I'm sure your collection is probably greater. Perhaps I'll stumble upon them somewhere here in the forums.

Dino-myte!!

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 06, 2015, 07:23:54 AM
Enjoy your meal, you little theropods :D
Dino-myte, I can´t identify two figures in the Invicta box. Is that an Ankylosaurus and the orange one a little theropod? To my knowledge, Invicta never released either of these, but they seem to fit in there quite well. Could you share a detailed picture, please?

Ah, Libra, you have an eye for details. No wonder you're a raptor. The ankylosaur you saw in the pile was the early Carnegie Euplocephalus, the one with a messed up forefoot. See, I've been bugging Invicta back then to produce an armored dino since there's none in their lineup. Instead, they told me no worries, that's in the process, but for now please enjoy our new release, the Lambeosaurus. So when I saw the Euplo model, I snapped it up. I cannot wait for Invicta to make one. I scraped off the colors on Mr. Euplo and painted him beige so he can fit in with the rest.

As for the orange creature you mentioned, that's the Marx Struthiomimus. We used to have those Marx dinosaurs when we were kids. I always thought they were the forerunners of the Invicta models and since I don't have any Ornithomimid figures, this will do for now. I will put some pics next time for you to see.

Dino-myte!!

Quote from: Jetoar on November 06, 2015, 09:44:35 AM
Wonderful collection friend  ^-^.

Thank you, friend. And you have a magnificent collection that I've been admiring for quite some time now.

Dino-myte!!

Quote from: mest on November 06, 2015, 01:33:26 PM
Very nice display. Jurassic and Star Wars universe fit togehter really well.

Thank you for kind words. I've been a long time fan of escapist fantasy movies. Dinosaurs were my first love, but when Star Wars revolutionized the sci-fi genre, I was derailed off my prehistoric tracks.

Now, with Jurassic Park on par with Star Wars, I can definitely see what you're saying about fitting together really well. Just like Lucas, Spielberg and John Williams, together.😎

laticauda

Great collection, love the AT AT's.  The question is, with the Force Awakens coming out, how much room are you going to have left? 

Libraraptor

As for the orange creature you mentioned, that's the Marx Struthiomimus. We used to have those Marx dinosaurs when we were kids. I always thought they were the forerunners of the Invicta models and since I don't have any Ornithomimid figures, this will do for now. I will put some pics next time for you to see.

Okay, my assumptions went into a similar direction.As to the scale, the Marx Struthiomimus fits the Invicta ensemble quite well. And I think you´re right in assuming that Marx were kind of predecessors to the Invictas in terms of style.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

pylraster

Very cool mix of Star Wars and dinosaurs! I like how the Invictas are nicely arranged in a box.

Your place looks like a shop. It's awesome.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: