News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Irimali's Dioramas

Started by irimali, November 01, 2015, 08:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

A wonderful diorama! Well done!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

irimali

Finally got some ok pics of the tuojiangosaurus set-up:

irimali

irimali

irimali

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 21, 2016, 07:20:20 PM
Great, work! What a beautiful dinosaur, what a beautiful enviroment! What a cool idea for displaying it!

Thanks!  I've got a bunch of old aquariums and fishbowls to fill!

irimali

:(
Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 21, 2016, 07:48:57 PM
While personally I had made the Beipiaosaurus a bit less furry, I find your artwork really astonishing. It looks like dwarfed, living animal just doin' it's business. Great idea to have that diorama in a maintenance (/cough dust) free 360° tank. And your artificial plants are top notch, thanks for sharing the look behind the scenes. Need to try to make some like these somewhen in the near future.

Thank you!  I've been collecting used aquariums and larger glass containers from fish stores and thrift stores.  I couldn't imagine having to dust these things. 

irimali

Quote from: Georassic on November 07, 2015, 07:46:05 PM
I am blown away that you created all of this yourself. As someone else said, I assumed the plants were all bought that way, or at least had minimal modification.

If you ever decide to offer some of your plant life on the Classified thread, I may be interested.

BTW, I use the same system of plants secured into Styrofoam ground with wire/nails in my windowbox diorama, but your preliminary in-progress photos are more realistic and better than my finished display.

Thanks!  Sorry I never got back before.  i don't know what I'll have left to sell when I'm done filling all the aquariums.  But, if you want help with making some of your own I'd be happy to share all my techniques. 

docronnie

Excellent work and photos as well! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Arul

Beautiful beautiful beautiful work... :D This is the true handmade diorama

Lanthanotus

Very nice work, irimali, and very impressive, especially the view from above which shows, how tightly packed the aquarium is, however the view from the other angles conveys the depth of a real great forest. Top!

Bokisaurus

Great idea- a diorama inside a fish tank! Beautiful work, most amazing.

Archinto

This diorama is truly a piece of art! You did a wonderful job on the flora, and the dinosaurs are very creative and nicely made! I would have never thought to use seeds for the skin. I am eager to see your next creation! :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

irimali

New diorama!  Skorpiovenator hunting for baby sauropods at the edge of the forest.:

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

RobinGoodfellow

I really like your work a lot. Congrats!
^-^

btb300

Inevitably, underlying instabilities begin to appear.

Dinomike

Wow! Stunning work of art!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Lanthanotus

Quote from: irimali on May 19, 2016, 03:39:24 AM

Oh noes, irimali, you ruined your contest entry :D

Though,... wait, ..... what do you have in your backhand?  ???

Jetoar

Your new diorama is awesome  :o.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

irimali

Quote from: Lanthanotus on May 19, 2016, 08:58:54 PM
Quote from: irimali on May 19, 2016, 03:39:24 AM

Oh noes, irimali, you ruined your contest entry :D

Though,... wait, ..... what do you have in your backhand?  ???

I was thinking about using this one for the contest, but i've got some other ones coming.  besides, most of the plants in this one are from my entry last year.  Need something new!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: