You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Deinonychus Trio: "Cerberus Clan"

Started by joossa, November 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

I think they'll look better when they're finally painted.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

utd7

I know REBOR don't specify release dates but we don't have a rough estimate for these right?
We live in a Jurassic World

joossa

Quote from: utd7 on July 25, 2016, 04:15:20 PM
I know REBOR don't specify release dates but we don't have a rough estimate for these right?
Nope. If I were a gambling man, I would say either sometime in August at the earliest or after Sept/Oct since that's when we are expecting the Carno (tentatively). Just my guesses.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Derek.McManus

They do like to spring their little surprises  :)

Appalachiosaurus

The feathers look more like coat sleeves than real wings

Silvanusaurus

Seeing these images again after several weeks (and continued exposure to the Beasts of the Mezosoic line), makes it easier to recognise how weak this attempt is by Rebor. The 'wings' on this thing look like flat bits of clay with scratches in them, which is of course just what they are, but what does that achieve? They get away with ridiculous looking dinosaurs when they stick with Jurassic Park tributes, but what is this? It's almost like a cross between a lizard and a yak... It looks like a replica of a vaguely avian muppet from an 80's Jim Henson movie that never existed, or perhaps the dinosaurian equivalent of the 'apes' from the original Planet of the Apes franchise. It's like if a company was releasing a new 'high end' silverback Gorilla model, and it was literally just a figural representation of a man in a cheap gorilla suit.

tanystropheus

REBOR still has time to change things before release.

If these are detachable, you could mod the wings. Maybe shapeways for a full set of wings.

It's also possible that these models were never meant to be full-fledged, only as diorama backdrops (although, it would certainly clash with REBOR's philosophy of having every facet of their pieces detailed). The main star is still the Acro.

Shadowknight1

These are also going to be pretty small models.  And these are also likely early prototypes.  Honestly, they're taking their sweet time with this set.  Every time I see this thread bumped up, I think "They finally put out the color pics!"  Noooope!  :))
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

empire3569

New pics are up: https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598.1073741827.555146104612402/945678748892467/?type=3&theater

I must say these look better than the initial black and white photos that were shown; the feathers look to be more "fluid" and not just random etch marks on the sculpt. And the bendable neck/tail is pretty cool! Reminds me of some of the old Kenner JP dinos. The wing articulation appears to be the same idea as Winston. Hopefully we see these guys painted soon

stargatedalek

A huge improvement, but the bare finger(s?) still bother me.

Sim

I still find Rebor's Deinonychus to be the most interesting thing from them.  I'm curious to see how it will turn out.  I'm surprised by one of the Facebook comments on that photo, the commenter seems to be expressing that they would rather it was covered in scales and that they don't care about scientific findings.  They then say it being covered in feathers will make it look the same as the Utahraptor.  ???  Aside from the different pose, the Deinonychus's feathering is clearly different from the Utahraptor's, perhaps most noticeably on the wings and tail.  Also, if the Deinonychus was covered in scales wouldn't it look almost identical to Rebor's Jurassic Park Velociraptor rip-offs?

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 14, 2016, 02:36:38 AM

Well, the face is bare too. It's missing eyes at this point.

I wonder what's taking them so long. REBOR must be working on multiple projects at once. Perhaps, the Dunkleosteus is occupying most of their schedule.

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on September 14, 2016, 02:46:41 AM
I still find Rebor's Deinonychus to be the most interesting thing from them.  I'm curious to see how it will turn out.  I'm surprised by one of the Facebook comments on that photo, the commenter seems to be expressing that they would rather it was covered in scales and that they don't care about scientific findings.  They then say it being covered in feathers will make it look the same as the Utahraptor.  ???  Aside from the different pose, the Deinonychus's feathering is clearly different from the Utahraptor's, perhaps most noticeably on the wings and tail.  Also, if the Deinonychus was covered in scales wouldn't it look almost identical to Rebor's Jurassic Park Velociraptor rip-offs?
That is the nature of a member in the Rebor Cult. There is no hope for these people.

stargatedalek

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 14, 2016, 02:53:47 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on September 14, 2016, 02:36:38 AM

Well, the face is bare too. It's missing eyes at this point.

I wonder what's taking them so long. REBOR must be working on multiple projects at once. Perhaps, the Dunkleosteus is occupying most of their schedule.
True enough ;D

Also, I love how the feet are splayed.

And as for the comments, finally someone uses that Archer meme correctly.

acro-man

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 14, 2016, 03:07:03 AM
That is the nature of a member in the Rebor Cult. There is no hope for these people.

agreed  ::)
but since the old school dinosaur makers are getting rarer while JP worshippers remain,
there ought to be a part of the market left for manufacturers like Rebor.
Like it or not, Rebor has the right position.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Flaffy

Quote from: acro-man on September 14, 2016, 03:39:30 AM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 14, 2016, 03:07:03 AM

agreed  ::)
but since the old school dinosaur makers are getting rarer while JP worshippers remain,
there ought to be a part of the market left for manufacturers like Rebor.
Like it or not, Rebor has the right position.
Not for long, Mattel's gonna make JWbranded dinosaur toys. If Mattel pulls this off, Rebor could possibly loose their spotlight.

empire3569

I seriously despise that guy, he has absolutely no knowledge of any related to paleontology and follows REBOR like a blind drone. I have been very close on multiple occasions to call him out on his absurd comments

Dobber

Yeah I saw his comment too. I seriously dumbfounded  :o

You guys have pretty much summed up my thoughts on him and others like him.  :-X

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

CityRaptor

Well, that pretty much sums up all those feather-hating, awesomebro guys.  Oh wait, he still has to comment about paleontologists ruining his childhood.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: