You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Deinonychus Trio: "Cerberus Clan"

Started by joossa, November 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek.McManus

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 14, 2016, 12:39:15 PM
Well, that pretty much sums up all those feather-hating, awesomebro guys.  Oh wait, he still has to comment about paleontologists ruining his childhood.

Slightly harsh perhaps...the person in question just seems to be expressing his desire for a model that equates to what he wants to purchase personally, it's like that old saying about voting with your purse or wallet.

It's sad that they don't appear interested in scientific accuracy but perhaps they regard their collecting in a different way for example I will purchase dinosaur models for my son which I know to be inaccurate but which I know he will enjoy, differences can be explained at a later date in this situation.

Silvanusaurus

I don't think any of it's been resculpted, the details of the sculpt are the same as the previous photos, it's just very different lighting and angles. The different coloured plastics are presumably the more solid material for the lower jaw, arms and feet, and a softer, rubbery material for the rest.

utd7

The ideas with this set are really interesting with the articulation which will make for some nice poses with the Acrocanthosaurus and the Tenontosaurus corpse. My concern is paint application quality and whether it will fade or chip away after some usage and the fact that REBOR is still not top notch in this category.

Otherwise, I am pretty excited to see the colour reveal which hopefully won't take long but have a feeling that these will be for a Christmas release and will definitely buy them.
We live in a Jurassic World

Megalosaurus

Quote from: utd7 on September 14, 2016, 04:58:42 PM
The ideas with this set are really interesting with the articulation which will make for some nice poses with the Acrocanthosaurus and the Tenontosaurus corpse. [...]
I like this idea so much. It give us endless diorama posibilities.
I hope to see this implemented in other models.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

utd7

QuoteI like this idea so much. It give us endless diorama posibilities.

Rebor have some great ideas but they do need to improve slightly on quality control, I personally do not mind some inaccuracy although it would be nice.

Turning my attention to David Silva's raptor project I personally like them and would probably be interested in buying one to see how they are in the flesh but I just do not find them elegant at all due to the articulation.

Arul

Hopefully it will be more easier to pose, will be very great for toys photography :D

The Atroxious

Quote from: empire3569 on September 14, 2016, 04:12:22 AM
I seriously despise that guy, he has absolutely no knowledge of any related to paleontology and follows REBOR like a blind drone. I have been very close on multiple occasions to call him out on his absurd comments

I dunno, that guy seemed to make it fairly clear that scaly dinosaurs are a personal preference. Maybe his previous comments were worse, but he seems like one of the most reasonable retrophiles I've seen. Mind you, I've seen people who try to "disprove" feathered dinosaurs with dubious arguments, which ultimately ends with "feathers destroy the mystique of dinosaurs, and are therefore unrealistic".

More on topic: I mostly like the sculpt, but those wings don't even look like wings. Dromaeosaurs without pennaceous feathers just seem off. Rebor seems to be going for a ratite-esque look, but it doesn't hold up for me. If they kept the rest of the sculpt, maybe thin out the feet a bit, but make the wings look like neognath wings with claws, I might have been interested in owning these.

Takama

QuoteKachaphak Sakulhuang I will buy them but at first I wished they were scaly, always have a predilection for dinosaurs covered in scales, dun care about scientific findings though... anyway these ones resemble the Utahraptor-- in fact they will all look the same if in feathers despite different species, but maybe they will be distinctive enough once the colour is added anyway, the colour scheme will be more vibrant with stripes even without, the hue or tone is richer if in scales, IMHO...

This guy is a Textbook example of a not so true Dinosaur fan

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4912.0

stargatedalek

I can't stand IMHO, IMO is fine, it's a generally accepted shorthand, but to somehow manage to turn the phrase "in my opinion" into something more akin to snobbery simply by adding "honest" is truly a most disconcerting irony.

The Atroxious

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 16, 2016, 05:11:00 AM
I can't stand IMHO, IMO is fine, it's a generally accepted shorthand, but to somehow manage to turn the phrase "in my opinion" into something more akin to snobbery simply by adding "honest" is truly a most disconcerting irony.

I was always under the impression that "IMHO" meant "in my humble opinion". One would hope that any given person's opinions were honest by default. What's the point of having an opinion if said opinion isn't honest?

Shadowknight1

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 16, 2016, 05:11:00 AM
Is it "honest"?  I always thought that the H was for "humble", which makes the phrase technically more snobby.

I hope I'm not the only one concerned about the long-term viability of these bendy toys...
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

stargatedalek

Humble definitely sounds even worse (although in fairness, a lot less redundant)!

Yah bendy toys are always fraught with concerns. Really unless you actually have a proper jointed "skeleton" inside instead of just flimsy wires toys like these are not going to be very durable.

Sim

Quote from: The Atroxious on September 15, 2016, 11:35:37 PM
Quote from: empire3569 on September 14, 2016, 04:12:22 AM
I seriously despise that guy, he has absolutely no knowledge of any related to paleontology and follows REBOR like a blind drone. I have been very close on multiple occasions to call him out on his absurd comments

I dunno, that guy seemed to make it fairly clear that scaly dinosaurs are a personal preference. Maybe his previous comments were worse, but he seems like one of the most reasonable retrophiles I've seen. Mind you, I've seen people who try to "disprove" feathered dinosaurs with dubious arguments, which ultimately ends with "feathers destroy the mystique of dinosaurs, and are therefore unrealistic".

What you mentioned is a really absurd example of anti-feathered dinosaurs.  I've also seen other absurd examples.  However, that Facebook comment was absurd too.  There's nothing wrong with preferring outdated featherless dromaeosaurids, but what they said after they expressed their preference and that they would still buy the Rebor Deinonychus wasn't reasonable.  The Rebor Deinonychus and Utharaptor both have feathers but they look very different, a lot due to being differently feathered.  Saying they will look the same because they both have feathers is certainly not the truth.  It's also ironic they say that, as making the Deinonychus covered in scales would result in something nearly identical to Rebor's Velociraptor, which isn't surprising since the Jurassic Park Velociraptor it's a shameless copy of is basically a highly outdated Deinonychus.

That comment has received some replies, and the original commenter has replied with another comment that I can't see as anything but unreasonable.

Derek.McManus

There is a black and white image showing the figures in relation to the corpse on Rebors Facebook page.

Shadowknight1

REBOR also posted this picture of one of the Deinonychus next to the 1/18 scale "Winston"

I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

joossa

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on September 30, 2016, 12:09:34 PM
REBOR also posted this picture of one of the Deinonychus next to the 1/18 scale "Winston"
With a November release date. So, we might see color shots real soon. And at this point, their color schemes (I know that applications will be great) will be what will make it or break it for me. It will also determine if I get the prey tenoto too.

They are tentatively aiming to get the Carnotaurus out by December. So we may see color shots of that mid to late November (wishful thinking).
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on September 30, 2016, 12:09:34 PM

they looking fit!

Dilopho

They are producing better models in accuracy terms step-by-step, adding lips and feathers onto their dinosaurs.
Their attitude is bad but at least they are...dare I say it....trying to appeal to a wider audience?!?  :o

Arul

Quote from: Dilopho on October 02, 2016, 12:31:38 PM
They are producing better models in accuracy terms step-by-step, adding lips and feathers onto their dinosaurs.
Their attitude is bad but at least they are...dare I say it....trying to appeal to a wider audience?!?  :o

i remember they said "try to satisfied both side" which means scientific accurate and jurassic park lovers. well, i think it works in some of their models.

utd7

We should be getting the colour pictures of these guys quite soon considering they have a November release date.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: