You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Deinonychus Trio: "Cerberus Clan"

Started by joossa, November 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: Verahin on December 13, 2016, 10:11:57 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on December 13, 2016, 09:19:37 PM
The REBOR Acrocanthosaurus is a very nice piece artistically, but it simply isn't passably accurate, no matter how few other figures are.

Fair enough, but I believe the fact that is Rebor makes it easily to remark than any other model by any other brand, right?
You mean disliking REBOR as a brand might be making it easier to dislike their products? Probably, but even brands that I like as companies I would (and do) still point out problems in their accuracy or points I dislike artistically.

Verahin

I didn't mean you specifically, it is a general trend of this forum to point out everything's wrong (or supposedly so) with Rebor figures with much more zeal than any other brand. And I say that without being a Rebor fan, I own only one figure of theirs, and I've pointed out myself supposed flaws on their work in this very thread, it is just a feeling that one can perceive by reading through the forum. Don't tell me again that's all because how they behaved with their representative over here a couple of years ago.

CityRaptor

Well, it certainly helps that most models by other brands are signicantly less expensive. I mean there is a difference between a 10 dollar model and one that costs 50...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

Quote from: Verahin on December 13, 2016, 10:32:06 PM
I didn't mean you specifically, it is a general trend of this forum to point out everything's wrong (or supposedly so) with Rebor figures with much more zeal than any other brand. And I say that without being a Rebor fan, I own only one figure of theirs, and I've pointed out myself supposed flaws on their work in this very thread, it is just a feeling that one can perceive by reading through the forum. Don't tell me again that's all because how they behaved with their representative over here a couple of years ago.
I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to tell you, because it certainly plays a large role. REBOR has done everything from make false claims about their figures representing modern science, to posting troll-bait and even picking fights with children. It wasn't during any one single event (or, seemingly, even one single representative) that caused problems and behaved disturbingly.

Verahin

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 13, 2016, 11:12:30 PM
I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to tell you, because it certainly plays a large role. REBOR has done everything from make false claims about their figures representing modern science, to posting troll-bait and even picking fights with children. It wasn't during any one single event (or, seemingly, even one single representative) that caused problems and behaved disturbingly.

What I believe is that people dislike Rebor's product automatically because of what you just mentioned. At this point it has become a sort of pose to bash any new figure they put out. I don't say that everyone here act like this, but I'd say the main posters do, and that result in the impression this forum hates Rebor.

Look at what is said about their Carnotaurus, for example. It's been derided and dismissed even before the full colour images have been revealed. And come on, what's so terribly wrong with it? I dislike how they've rendered the feathers on those Deinonychus, but that's not because they supposedly bully kids on Facebook, I couldn't care less of such things, I judge them for their products. They're not some kind of multinational company experimenting on animals so that I feel such an aversion that keeps me to boycott them, you know what I mean?

It seems like there's a general trend here of being biased, or partially so, toward certain brands and disdainfully averse toward others. Maybe it's just me reading too much into things, I don't know, but since that's becoming a bit of an OT I'll end it here.

Shadowknight1

Getting back on topic, I'm skipping the huge corpse due to size, but I'm definitely getting these guys.  I kind of worry about the material used to make them bendy, but I hope they turn out okay.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Silvanusaurus

Oh, I just got it; 'Shoot Tooth Thrill' is 'Shoot to thrill'. The images were in the wrong order.

acro-man

Quote from: Dobber on December 13, 2016, 10:08:12 PM
Question about the Deinonychus trio. Why are they all different colors? Would all the individuals within the species basically look alike? Maybe some varitation in the number and size of the stripes or slight pattern differences but the colors should still be more or less the same right? Yet these are completely different colors. I know JP/JW has done this and Rebor is following that example as have others, but are there any exetant animals...besides humans....that have such color differences?

Chris

Oh come on.
They just want to make some variations to avoid being criticised like the Bad Company (the 4 identical Compies) has.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Dobber

Quote from: acro-man on December 14, 2016, 07:38:45 AM
Question about the Deinonychus trio. Why are they all different colors? Would all the individuals within the species basically look alike? Maybe some varitation in the number and size of the stripes or slight pattern differences but the colors should still be more or less the same right? Yet these are completely different colors. I know JP/JW has done this and Rebor is following that example as have others, but are there any exetant animals...besides humans....that have such color differences?

Chris

Oh come on.
They just want to make some variations to avoid being criticised like the Bad Company (the 4 identical Compies) has.

Why the hostility? I was asking a question. In no way did I criticize Rebor or any other company/franchise. I merely wanted clarification for my own edification.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Rain

Quote from: Dobber on December 14, 2016, 12:59:15 PM
Quote from: acro-man on December 14, 2016, 07:38:45 AM

Chris

Oh come on.

Why the hostility? I was asking a question. In no way did I criticize Rebor or any other company/franchise. I merely wanted clarification for my own edification.

Chris

I'm assuming the brown one is a female, which is why it's different. As for the other two, no idea, although I know in some animals, like African cichlids, the dominant male will be a lot flashier and look a bit different from the rest of the males in the tank, who wont color up until after the dominant male passes. Maybe that's what they were trying to incorporate? Not too sure if that's the case with any bird species though.
EDIT: This is based on what I've seen from when we used to keep African cichlids and what I've seen others mention. I'm no ichthyologist so I may be incredibly wrong haha

Jose S.M.

There are bird species with different coloration among the sexes, one that lives everywhere in my country is Quiscalus mexicanus, the male is iridescent black and the female brown.

Killekor

Quote from: Joe289 on December 14, 2016, 02:29:14 PM
There are bird species with different coloration among the sexes, one that lives everywhere in my country is Quiscalus mexicanus, the male is iridescent black and the female brown.

Probably REBOR have been inspired to this species of Bird...

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Rain

If your post is directed at me, I meant the second part of my comment (possibly) not holding true for bird species, not the first :P

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Rain on December 14, 2016, 02:43:12 PM

If your post is directed at me, I meant the second part of my comment (possibly) not holding true for bird species, not the first :P

It was a possible answer to the question Dobber asked, about different coloration. Yet it doesn't explain why the black ones have different markings as they are the same size and as far as I know once birds are fully mature their color don't change in function of dominance of other males.

Killekor

Quote from: Joe289 on December 14, 2016, 03:03:32 PM

It was a possible answer to the question Dobber asked, about different coloration. Yet it doesn't explain why the black ones have different markings as they are the same size and as far as I know once birds are fully mature their color don't change in function of dominance of other males.

Ok, there's no scientific evidence about this, but, What we really know about Dinosaurs? This are all ipostesis, a single new bone of a dinosaur species Can modify ALL the dinosaur anatomy (the Spinosaurus, for example)! Probably (and i Say Probably), the Deinonychus were really like this (the dominate male have different colors that a normal male).

I don't want to offend anyone.

If i've offended someone, Sorry

Killekor

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

Jose S.M.

I'm not offended, it's cool. You are right we don't know much about living dinosaurs, and the bones can't tell a lot of things, it's just that I find birds to be more appropriate to compare with than fishes. And also I could be wrong and some extant birds might change colors according to their status, I don't know about any species that does it, but I'm no bird expert.

Killekor

Quote from: Joe289 on December 14, 2016, 03:42:31 PM
I'm not offended, it's cool. You are right we don't know much about living dinosaurs, and the bones can't tell a lot of things, it's just that I find birds to be more appropriate to compare with than fishes. And also I could be wrong and some extant birds might change colors according to their status, I don't know about any species that does it, but I'm no bird expert.

Yes, i don't like too to compare a Deinonychus with Fishes, but, probably, some times someone have to compare with birds, fishes, mammals or/and reptiles, or all four for an animal! Yes, the Birds and the Reptiles are more appropriate,
But it's a good (and for me recommended), to compare an a dinosaur with all the animals, and, probably, doing this Can bee discover some interesting thing...

Killekor

Rain

Quote from: Joe289 on December 14, 2016, 03:03:32 PM

So I guess the different colors don't really make sense for the two males then, in my experience REBOR doesn't really respond to questions that seem like criticism so I guess we'll never know their reasoning. Oh well

stargatedalek

Quote from: Joe289 on December 14, 2016, 03:42:31 PM
A lot of birds will change colour as they age, seasonally, and some even by social hierarchy.

Quote from: Verahin on December 14, 2016, 02:28:01 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on December 13, 2016, 11:12:30 PM

What I believe is that people dislike Rebor's product automatically because of what you just mentioned. At this point it has become a sort of pose to bash any new figure they put out. I don't say that everyone here act like this, but I'd say the main posters do, and that result in the impression this forum hates Rebor.

Look at what is said about their Carnotaurus, for example. It's been derided and dismissed even before the full colour images have been revealed. And come on, what's so terribly wrong with it? I dislike how they've rendered the feathers on those Deinonychus, but that's not because they supposedly bully kids on Facebook, I couldn't care less of such things, I judge them for their products. They're not some kind of multinational company experimenting on animals so that I feel such an aversion that keeps me to boycott them, you know what I mean?

It seems like there's a general trend here of being biased, or partially so, toward certain brands and disdainfully averse toward others. Maybe it's just me reading too much into things, I don't know, but since that's becoming a bit of an OT I'll end it here.
Alright then, taken to the general REBOR thread. :))

Dobber

Thanks for the responses, though I am aware of sexual dimorphism. In these figures case there are 3 distinct colorations. That is what I was wondering about. I've seen other art where where "pack mates" all seem to have their own look....even beyond just recolorations. Was curious if that can even happen in nature.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: