You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Deinonychus Trio: "Cerberus Clan"

Started by joossa, November 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Those Deinonychus are WAY TOO BIG to be 1:35.    I think Jetoars model is a lot more accurately scaled.

Seriously why do company's keep giveing there models a scale if they dont know how to do it properly?   Is it so they can trick people into buying them?

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 12, 2017, 08:54:42 AM
Quote from: Victoria B on January 12, 2017, 06:20:33 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 12, 2017, 06:16:51 AM
Maybe the Acro is a juvenile?

Seems to me like it doesn't matter what Rebor 1/35 dino you put the trio next to. If their size makes the Acro a juvenile, wouldn't they make all other Rebor dinos juveniles too? I feel like they may have intentionally upsized them either to make them more visually intimidating or to implement the posing system.

good possibility there.  They are pretty large no matter how you view it, more JP Raptor sized I guess?  The only for a collector to get closure though is to call the Acro a juvenile, I think it needs to roughly twice the size it is now?     I guess you could say those are Utahraptors instead?

Utahraptors makes better sense, but they're still not as big as the Rebor Utahraptor as far as I can tell from the photos. Oh well. I guess it's just one of those things.

Reptilia

Those Deinonychus are oversized indeed, and the Acro doesn't look a juvenile at all to me, so it's better to pretend the raptors are a bigger species like Utahraptor, though I don't know if they were contemporary of the Acrocanthosaurus, or if they lived in the same territories. Nice diorama nonetheless.

@ Victoria B - Acrocanthosaurus and Utahraptor are also not in scale one with each other, actually the Utahraptor is way too big when compared to all other 1:35s in Rebor's line, especially the theropods. They'd better not claim any scale, though personally I'm not bothered at all by such incongruences.

stargatedalek

The Deinonychus are properly scaled to the Tenontosaurus.

Rain

Quote from: Reptilia on January 12, 2017, 01:41:49 PM
Those Deinonychus are oversized indeed, and the Acro doesn't look a juvenile at all to me, so it's better to pretend the raptors are a bigger species like Utahraptor, though I don't know if they were contemporary of the Acrocanthosaurus, or if they lived in the same territories. Nice diorama nonetheless.

@ Victoria B - Acrocanthosaurus and Utahraptor are also not in scale one with each other, actually the Utahraptor is way too big when compared to all other 1:35s in Rebor's line, especially the theropods. They'd better not claim any scale, though personally I'm not bothered at all by such incongruences.

It's about 1:31 based on the length, so it's not that bad.

The Acrocanthosaurus should be 1:37 and the Deinonychus are around 1:25. I don't think the Deinonychus would work well as Utahraptors. If Utahraptor went up to 7m, wouldn't that make the Deinonychus 1:53 Utahraptors? I feel like I'm missing something here..So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Reptilia

Sorry, I somehow assumed that Utahraptor size was that of Velociraptors in Jurassic Park. Never realized it could grow up to 7 meters.

Minmiminime

https://goo.gl/photos/mpRXzZSyY2hRWg6RA

I hope this works...and if it does, I hope it gives you a better idea of the size of these figures!

I like my set more now than when I first got them. I find them really quite charming!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

danmalcolm

It worked, and it does give me a better idea... I really like them, they are definitely charming, but they are larger than I imagined. Would it be asking to much to see photo of one of them kind of... alongside the Papo velocoraptor? No worries if you don't want to but I thought I'd ask  ;)

Shonisaurus

Minmminime those deinychus are better than I had figured. They are about the size of Papo's archeopteryx, from what I've observed in the photos. Therefore although they are not made to the scale of the acrocanthosaurus also it is necessary to affirm that they are not excessively great. Mine are on the way and I will most certainly receive them this coming week. What I am sorry for is not having bought more than one set. I would have compensated more economically, other than that they do not take up much space.  8)

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Minmiminime on January 15, 2017, 10:05:53 AM
https://goo.gl/photos/mpRXzZSyY2hRWg6RA

I hope this works...and if it does, I hope it gives you a better idea of the size of these figures!

I like my set more now than when I first got them. I find them really quite charming!

Good photo. Is it just me or do they look kind of... evil?

Minmiminime

DanMacolm, here's a shot of them with the Papo Velociraptor :): https://goo.gl/photos/odSM1K8bBZcj4rcd8

Hello Victoria B, definitely a bit evil...the eyes lack pupils and regardless of how they're posed they definitely have a certain eerie creepines!

They remind me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it...kind of like good animatronics I guess, evil because they're almost, but not quite lifelike! Luckily, that appeals to me ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

danmalcolm

Thanks minmiminime! I do really like them. May order them with CollectA's deinocheirus when that comes out :)

Reptilia

Anyone's willing to post pictures of the full diorama?

Shonisaurus

I pass a video of jurassic collectables about the trio deinonychus.

The figures as you can see even in the video are inspired by the films of Jurassic Park,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNtCkCGteuI

Killekor

Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Reptilia

I don't see much of a JP influence in the sculpt, to be honest, but that's just probably me.

The full diorama looks impressive, but Tenontosaurus corpse and Deinonychus trio aren't on par with the Acrocanthosaurus, quality-wise. I think I don't like them ultimately, the jaws are extremely loose, the colour scheme with those defined stripes would be much more fitting for a car rather than an animal, and I can foresee these tiny rubbery figures to start deteriorate very soon, especially if you change the pose frequently.

Never realized the nickname was a reference to the fact that these Deinonychus are three, like the three heads of Cerberus. Stupid me!

CityRaptor

These are probably the least JP-influenced of REBOR's "Raptors".  With Jurassic Collectibles, it is better to watch his videos with the sound off, because that guy has no idea what he is talking about and is generally way too positive because he gets that stuff for free.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Bucklander

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 20, 2017, 02:53:12 PM
These are probably the least JP-influenced of REBOR's "Raptors".  With Jurassic Collectibles, it is better to watch his videos with the sound off, because that guy has no idea what he is talking about and is generally way too positive because he gets that stuff for free.
He also needs a Thesaurus. I find it really irritating how often he uses the words "nice" and "nicely".

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: