News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: suspsy on November 13, 2015, 03:19:49 AM
http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2015/11/13/new-from-collecta-for-2016-part-2.html

ORNITHOMIMIDS!!!! BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL ORNITHOMIMIDS!!! ;D :)) :D

And Lythronax! Looks fantastic! I love the shaggy crests.

I could not care less about the fact that they are mounted on bases. Nor am I interested in hearing or responding to anyone's arguments against them. Right now I am simply overjoyed at the prospect of two new ornithomimids, one of them a whopping 23 cm tall.

ORNITHOMIMIDS?!?!?!!!

Patrx

Oh, no! they forgot the primary feathers :(  What a waste. I was all hyped for a moment.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I'm certainly going to buy a herd of the struthiomimus. I'm not a huge fan of CollectA's bases, but the base on particularly the struthio is an improvement from the others. Something as simple as making them in a darker color made the base much better to look at.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

ChubbyTaco

Here are the pictures from everything dinosaur blog.The Lythronax – "The King of Gore" is a fantastic model. 8)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Eashwar on November 13, 2015, 03:36:58 AM
Here are the pictures from everything dinosaur blog.The Lythronax – "The King of Gore" is a fantastic model. 8)

Agreed! I wish the Struthiomimus wings didn't look so tacked on, but really, beggars can't be choosers, and I'm really just overjoyed to see any ornithomimids in toy form, let alone two, and both in 1:40 scale no less! *dies*

Viking Spawn

I love that King of Gore!  That may be my first CollectA purchase!!!  Its only flaw...  That plain base again. 

John

STRUTHIOMIMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this one.I'm happy to see an updated classic turn up. :)

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

Unbelievable :o, i was going to Commission a Lythronax in that Same pose, only with its mouth shut, and they beat me to it. ::)

Everything_Dinosaur

The latest information on new from CollectA in 2016, three new replicas, all feathered, one tyrannosaur, two ornithomimids.

Here is the article on the Everything Dinosaur blog with pics. New from CollectA Part 2

Shonisaurus

The beishanlong looks fantastic. I understand that Collecta will be very difficult to make the competition other company.

The Struthiomimus is a highly anticipated figure in my collection. Moreover the lythronax is a very realistic figure exceeds all expectivas.

Arul

Very beaufitul...the beishanlong. Permanent base isnt a problem for me as long i like the sculp, paint, and accuracy

Tyrannosauron

Wow! CollectA has really stepped up its game. Does anyone know if they've hired a new sculptor?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on November 13, 2015, 06:45:45 AM
Wow! CollectA has really stepped up its game. Does anyone know if they've hired a new sculptor?

I think the sculptor is new. Now fortunately Collecta Dinosaurs are painted realistically.

John

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 13, 2015, 06:59:17 AM
Quote from: Tyrannosauron on November 13, 2015, 06:45:45 AM

I think the sculptor is new. Now fortunately Collecta Dinosaurs are painted realistically.
That would explain quite a bit. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

amargasaurus cazaui

Like the first model, although as Patrx said the lack of primary feathers is kinda deflating. Would have enjoyed a Lythronax without the speculative feathers ....the Struthiomimus looks alright, but from this angle the neck looks a bit short, hard to tell though. Will definitely be getting the first one at least....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on November 13, 2015, 05:44:51 AM
The latest information on new from CollectA in 2016, three new replicas, all feathered, one tyrannosaur, two ornithomimids.

Here is the article on the Everything Dinosaur blog with pics. New from CollectA Part 2

You aren't reading this thread. This was already posted above :)

DinoToyForum

I've added the new pictures to the first post.

DinoG

Very very interesting, mostly impressed with beishanlong
Run!

sauroid

the three newcomers look awesome! i dont mind bases as long as the figure doesnt stoop down in time. and are there any more 2016 CollectAs?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

pylraster

Lythronax looks much nicer than their Tyrannosaurus rex. Better feet, at least from what I can see.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: