News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen5

Quote from: Dan on November 15, 2015, 03:06:00 AM
Quote from: Bucklander on November 15, 2015, 12:51:29 AMAnd going back a bit, Dan didn't say that it'd be a marine mammal. He said there'll be a mammal and a marine creature.

Correct. To clarify, we'll be getting one of each from CollectA. There will be two more theropods, as well.

This year, only one prehistoric mammal? It would be disappointing. This year they have gone three, has been a sales success, are always out of stock

MLMjp

Two more theropods??? ??? ??? ???

Quote from: John on November 15, 2015, 03:25:22 AM
Quote from: Bucklander on November 15, 2015, 12:51:29 AMAnd going back a bit, Dan didn't say that it'd be a marine mammal. He said there'll be a mammal and a marine creature.

Correct. To clarify, we'll be getting one of each from CollectA. There will be two more theropods, as well.
Okay then,it seem very likely that one of the theropods will be Torvosaurus. :) But considering how all over the map this line really is with species,I can't even begin to guess what the other three are going to be...If not for hints I've seen outside this forum,I would never have even thought of Torvosaurus...

Also hope for a Torvosaurus, and..... a Giganotosaurus maybe... ::)(But something tells me that it is unlikely :'() But any other theropod is welcome here

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: MLMjp on November 15, 2015, 10:16:34 AM
Two more theropods??? ??? ??? ???

Quote from: John on November 15, 2015, 03:25:22 AM

Okay then,it seem very likely that one of the theropods will be Torvosaurus. :) But considering how all over the map this line really is with species,I can't even begin to guess what the other three are going to be...If not for hints I've seen outside this forum,I would never have even thought of Torvosaurus...

Also hope for a Torvosaurus, and..... a Giganotosaurus maybe... ::)(But something tells me that it is unlikely :'() But any other theropod is welcome here

TWO more Theropods? Jeez... Don't get me wrong, I love the dinosaurs we are getting, but I can't help but think of the dinosaurs we aren't getting. I was really hoping for some cool herbivores this year other than the obligatory ceratopsian.

Sim

The CollectA mini figures do indeed include two species that don't have larger counterparts, Giganotosaurus and Apatosaurus.  The CollectA mini figures can be seen in the first post of the CollectA new for 2015 thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2718.0

Quote from: Bucklander on November 15, 2015, 05:52:07 AM
While I agree with comments made by others, re; preferring better known genera, I suspect Collecta will cash in on the sudden fame of Nuthetes due to its appearance on Dinosaur Britain. I imagine lots of little British kids would eagerly snap up their own nation's raptor. And it might be a supreme line figure.

It's not known if Nuthetes is a dromaeosaur.  It could be a tyrannosauroid.  It seems pointless to make a toy of it when it's not even known what kind of theropod it is.

SBell

Quote from: Bucklander on November 15, 2015, 06:34:24 AM
They did create a new Giganotosaurus and Apatosaurus for the tubes only (so far...I suppose we might knoiw what one of the new theropods is...) so they could be ready for a mammal tube now.

You know, I think you're right. I seem to remember the inclusion of a Giganotosaurus, but I thought, perhaps I was confusing the Collecta tubes with the Papo. I've looked for the paper that came with the Collecta tubes (I got them a couple of days ago) but my room's too disorganized ATM. It's just that, when they arrived and I first opened them, I assumed the Giga was a Carcharodontasaurus. It really does look exactly like a scaled down version of that figure. Even looking at it now, I find it hard to believe Collecta would release a Giganotosaurus with a sculpt so very similar to its deluxe Carchara. Re you sure it is a Giga?
[/quote]

I am. The name is marked on the bottom and everything. And yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw it--that it was a mini of the Carcharodonotosaurus. Or maybe a mini Mapusaurus.

Saurian

Soory,my English is poor

CityRaptor

They for sure love Theropods this year. But then again, Theropods are probably the best selling Dinosaurs.

Quote from: citizen5 on November 15, 2015, 10:14:45 AM

This year, only one prehistoric mammal? It would be disappointing. This year they have gone three, has been a sales success, are always out of stock

Geez. Mammals, especially Humans and Horses dominate the modern animal market, despite most kinds of non-mammals outnumbering them. Let non-mammals rule the prehistoric animal market!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Unfortunately apart from the developments already known, two theropods, a prehistoric marine mammal and a prehistoric animal.

This year is a very good year in terms of quality by Collecta but very weak in terms of quantity.

Honestly I like all prehistoric mammals (although I have my preferences) but these animals are very rare in the toy market, I'll settle for anyone.

As for theropods I guess that will come another dinosaur of the British Isles, that's what I hope and one overseas would like a deluxe gigantoraptor.

MLMjp

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 15, 2015, 04:40:24 PM
Unfortunately apart from the developments already known, two theropods, a prehistoric marine mammal and a prehistoric animal.

This year is a very good year in terms of quality by Collecta but very weak in terms of quantity.

Honestly I like all prehistoric mammals (although I have my preferences) but these animals are very rare in the toy market, I'll settle for anyone.

As for theropods I guess that will come another dinosaur of the British Isles, that's what I hope and one overseas would like a deluxe gigantoraptor.

We can not always have everything we want :(

suspsy

I think 2015 spoiled us CollectA fans. We got a HUGE number of toys as well as a wide variety of beasts. 2016 appears to be a return to "normal." Although I too am disappointed by the overwhelming number of theropods. Unless the remaining two turn out to be dromaeosaurs or therizinosaurs.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Saurian on November 15, 2015, 04:08:09 PM
No sauropods?   ???
I'm sad no sauropod next year :( geez, that's a lot of theropod in one year!
Is this going to be the first year they don't release a sauropod ?

Takama

Quote from: MLMjp on November 15, 2015, 04:59:21 PM

Unless you pay an Sculptor to create it  ;)

MLMjp

Quote from: Takama on November 15, 2015, 05:19:24 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on November 15, 2015, 04:59:21 PM

Unless you pay an Sculptor to create it  ;)

But it will probably cost more and I don't know if I could have it in plastic form :(, although it will be nice because I could choose size and colors of the figure ::)

citizen5

stargatedalek

Colour is a lot more doable, and I'm sure there are lots of painters here who offer low rates for repaints (as opposed to repainting/basing/customizing, which naturally can be expensive).

Shonisaurus

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 15, 2015, 07:35:34 PM
Quote from: citizen5 on November 15, 2015, 05:47:28 PM
Basilosaurus is coming

Basilosaurus? it would be fabulous.

Keep the source in mind--we have as much industry-inside information as we can get. We will know in less than a week anyway.

suspsy

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 15, 2015, 05:18:25 PM
Quote from: Saurian on November 15, 2015, 04:08:09 PM
No sauropods?   ???
I'm sad no sauropod next year :( geez, that's a lot of theropod in one year!
Is this going to be the first year they don't release a sauropod ?

The 2014 assortment didn't have a sauropod, unless you count the Quetzalcoatlus' meal.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bucklander

Just double checked the mini Giganotosaurus. It isn't an exact replica. It's a mirror image! Right leg forward instead of left. Spine curves to right instead of left. It is an exact mirror image of the Carcharadontosaurus. I'd say they've used whatever software to read a 3D image from the deluxe sculpt, shrink it down and flip it.  :o Interpret that as you will.  :-\

Sim

Quote from: Bucklander on November 15, 2015, 11:02:12 PM
Just double checked the mini Giganotosaurus. It isn't an exact replica. It's a mirror image! Right leg forward instead of left. Spine curves to right instead of left. It is an exact mirror image of the Carcharadontosaurus. I'd say they've used whatever software to read a 3D image from the deluxe sculpt, shrink it down and flip it.  :o Interpret that as you will.  :-\

There was a discussion a while back about something similar regarding some of CollectA's other 2015 figures.  Some of the figures are very similar to previous CollectA figures with regards to pose and sometimes other details.  Excluding the tail, the Acrocanthosaurus's pose seems to be a mirror image of the Carcharodontosaurus's for example.  And the pose of the Medusaceratops from the neck backwards mirrors the Xenoceratops's.  The Nasutoceratops's legs seem to be posed the same as the Xenoceratops's.  The Daxiatitan's legs seem to be posed in a mirror image of the Argentinosaurus's.

I'm pleased I've not been seeing this in CollectA's 2016 figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: