News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Edited by Admin. The list of new prehistoric animals by CollectA for 2015 is as follows (data thanks to Everything Dinosaur). We will add pictures to this post as they are released.

1:40 scale Pliosaurus

Medusaceratops

Daxiatitan

Nasutoceratops

Xiongguanlong

CollectA Deluxe Feathered Tyrannosaurus rex with movable jaw, 1:40 scale - expected May 2015

CollectA Deluxe Acrocanthosaurus with movable jaw, 1:40 scale - expected May 2015

CollectA Deluxe Guidraco with movable jaw, 1:4 scale - expected May 2015

CollectA Deluxe Daeodon - expected May 2015

CollectA Deluxe Moropus - expected May 2015

CollectA Standard size Smilodon - expected May 2015

CollectA Standard size Temnodontosaurus - expected May 2014

Collecta Spinosaurus Deluxe w/ moving jaw - July

Collecta non-scale land/walking Spinosaurus - July

Collecta non-scale aquatic/swimming Spinosaurus - July

Gwangi

This thread, so disappointing. Not what I was expecting to find here.  >:(

Concavenator

Quote from: Gwangi on October 20, 2014, 08:41:50 PM
Some days and we'll all know.I have had that feeling as well  ;)

Gwangi

Quote from: Concavenator on October 20, 2014, 08:43:16 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 20, 2014, 08:41:50 PM
Some days and we'll all know.I have had that feeling as well  ;)

Well when that day comes, I'll be here.

Personally I don't care what species they choose to tackle, as long as they keep up their trend for a higher quality model and a focus on at least a few obscure species I'll be happy.

Concavenator

Oh,one thing.It's been said on STS that the number of models for 2015 will be far lower than 2014.

Takama

Quote from: Concavenator on October 20, 2014, 09:07:14 PM
Oh,one thing.It's been said on STS that the number of models for 2015 will be far lower than 2014.
I think they mean that for every model they release as a whole.  I expect this would be 2013 all over again

Blade-of-the-Moon

They need to use some harder plastic in the legs of a few of these guys..the ones on bases from this year..I've already seen so many of them leaning and bending over. Hope they correct that.

Concavenator

Quote from: Takama on October 20, 2014, 09:13:07 PM
I think they mean that for every model they release as a whole.  I expect this would be 2013 all over again
What do you mean sith that?

Takama

Quote from: Concavenator on October 20, 2014, 09:19:19 PM
Quote from: Takama on October 20, 2014, 09:13:07 PM
What do you mean sith that?

I mean that there will only be four or less prehistoric models

Roselaar

Quote from: Takama on October 20, 2014, 09:21:21 PM

I wouldn't mind that too much, considering how many awesome dinosaur toys are already slated for release next year. I have to cut costs somewhere. :)

Megalosaurus

I'm deceived.  :'(
Please don't create a 2015 thread unless you have the first picture or at least solid information of the new releases.
If this is just about speculation we already have the 2015 hopes & dreams thread.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Gwangi

Quote from: Roselaar on October 21, 2014, 09:26:10 PM
Quote from: Takama on October 20, 2014, 09:21:21 PM

I wouldn't mind that too much, considering how many awesome dinosaur toys are already slated for release next year. I have to cut costs somewhere. :)

I still have a lot of catching up to do, I don't mind slow years. Besides, I can already tell Safari will be taking a good bit of my cash this year as it is.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur here, we have special permission to reveal the full list of prehistoric animals available next year from Collecta, and yes, Everything Dinosaur will be stocking them all.  Some models are being released later in the year, and we don't have all the pics yet, so we have published the list and we will post up availability and piccies when we get all the files from the factory.

To see the list all of Collecta's Prehistoric Animals for 2015 simply visit Everything Dinosaur's Facebook page.

Hope you like them, there are one or two very interesting sculpts coming your way.

Everything Dinosaur on Facebook: Our Facebook Page  Feel free to "like" Everything Dinosaur's Facebook page if you have not done so before and don't forget to check out the free to enter competition to win a signed copy of "Dinosaurs of the British Isles".

DinoLord

Some of these seem promising - can't wait to see the pictures!

John

Okay,the name Temnodontosaurus has gotten my attention.As has Pliosaurus. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Chad

That is an outstanding list.  With Safari, Battat and now Collecta, 2015 will be ceratops heaven.

Simon

Here is the full quote:

"Medusaceratops (trend for Ceratopsians continues)
Daxiatitan - Chinese Titanosaur
Nasutoceratops (what did we say about Ceratopsians and trends)?
Xiongguanlong (Early Cretaceous tyrannosaur)
1:40 scale Pliosaurus (marine reptiles rock)!
1:40 Acrocanthosaurus (articulated lower jaw)
1:40 Feathered T. rex (articulated lower jaw)
1:4 scale Pterosaur with moving jaw - Guidraco
Moropus (knuckle-walker - Chalicothere)
Deluxe Smilodon
Deluxe Daeodon (vicious Entelodont)
Deluxe Temnodontosaurus (for those who wanted an Ichthyosaur)"

I'm betting that the pictures will knock our socks off; 12 pieces total, looks like Collecta has no plans of slowing down!  I am especially curious to see the feathered TRex ...

Chad

Looking at the list again, it's almost one I would have chosen myself. A pterosaur, a couple of marine reptiles, relatively obscure Chinese dinos and 2 ceratopsians. Crossing my fingers that they will look great but, who am I kidding, I'm already sold.

Patrx

Tentatively excited for this lineup! Great variety, good mix of old standbys and obscure taxa.
I'm intensely curious about the images, though. Although they've been improving drastically, most of CollectAs figures have got one or two anatomical quirks or other issues that I just can't get past. The concept of articulated jaws seems a little worrisome.

Concavenator

I'm really disappointed with the articulated jaw thing...it just annoys me.I liked CollectA because they don't articulate jaws like everyone tends now.The lineup isn't that good. Shocked there is still no Allosaurus in their line.I'm not putting my hopes too high.Sorry'but I'm very disappointed  >:(

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.