News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Andrewsarchus and updated Deinocheirus, good point for Collecta  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

John

Now that I have seen CollectA's full lineup for 2016,the best ones to me are the Deinocheirus remake,Struthiomimus and Thalassomedon.As for the rest,I would have preferred to see something known from less fragmentary remains.I understand why these species were chosen,but still I would much rather have seen Yangchuanosaurus or Sinraptor in place of Metriacanthosaurus or Torvosaurus tanneri in place of T. gurneyi.On the plus side though,they did include one of my favorites,Struthiomimus. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

ceratopsian

How astonishing to see three ornithomimosaurs!  I would never in a million years have guessed a new version of Deinocheirus being announced. I'll find space for them all somehow.  And full marks to Anthony for reacting to new fossil material and updating the previous Deinocheirus model.

sauroid

almost all of CollectA's 2016 line up is great
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ChubbyTaco

The update of Deinocheirus is good model for 2016.The andrewsarchus is good and a new fantastic addition to collecta's mammalian models.

deanm

For me it is a 6 of one half dozen of another with this years releases.

Several of the new figures will join the other Collecta figures on my shelves - but I am disappointed that there will be no new pterosaur figure from Collecta this year. I like their latest pterosaurs.

Gwangi

Good to see an update of their Deinocheirus and I'm glad I never got around to buying the last one. That Andrewsarchus looks really good too, it might even be my favorite from CollectA this year.

MLMjp

OOOOHH MY!
that deinocherius!!!

That's what I said when I first saw it

BUT!

I went to everythingdinosaur blog to see if they have made an article about them and if they mentioned the size....

IT'S A STANDAR! NO DELUXE! :'( :'( :'( :'(

I do not collect mammals so I don care about the other figure

Shonisaurus

Many people I talk forum including in its day (after updating the Spinosaurus) they should also update Deinocheirus of Collecta ... The fact is that fulfilled that's the positive. The bad thing is not a Deluxe figure to 1:40 scale, yet is beautifully well done. Congratulations to one of the best companies dinosaur toy.

Pity there are no more news this year. It would also have liked among wild animals dinornis maximus, raphus cucullatus or quagga, but that will do. A wait another year.

Sim

I was expecting CollectA to make an updated Deinocheirus, either for 2016 or 2017.  Even if it isn't in the Deluxe range, from the size given, it looks like the new CollectA Deinocheirus will be roughly in 1:40 scale.  CollectA's Deluxe figures have never been only 1:40 scale anyway.

The new CollectA Deinocheirus looks very good and I've been wanting a Deinocheirus figure that's around 1:40 scale and actually looks like a Deinocheirus!  Unfortunately, its feather crest spoils it for me. :(  There are many extant birds with crests, but there are far more extant birds without one.  Yet CollectA gives almost all their feathered prehistoric figures feather crests, that I almost always find look ugly.  One of the things I find really nice and refreshing about the 2016 CollectA Struthiomimus is that it doesn't have a crest!

I've noticed a lot of CollectA's feathered prehistoric figures have some colours used on both the feathered and scaly/bare parts of the animal.  As far as I've seen it's not common for extant birds to have feathers the exact same colour as their bare/scaly parts, and when it does happen the colours found on both feathers and featherless parts are separated by other colours rather than connecting seamlessly as they do on a number of CollectA figures.  CollectA's new Struthiomimus and Beishanlong don't seem to have colours used for both feathers and bare/scaly parts.  CollectA's new Deinocheirus does though, and so does CollectA's Lythronax, Xiongguanlong, feathered Tyrannosaurus, Bistahieversor and Deluxe Therizinosaurus, and to me it looks really weird on these figures.

MLMjp

Quote from: Sim on November 27, 2015, 03:06:20 PM
I was expecting CollectA to make an updated Deinocheirus, either for 2016 or 2017.  Even if it isn't in the Deluxe range, from the size given, it looks like the new CollectA Deinocheirus will be roughly in 1:40 scale.  CollectA's Deluxe figures have never been only 1:40 scale anyway.

The new CollectA Deinocheirus looks very good and I've been wanting a Deinocheirus figure that's around 1:40 scale and actually looks like a Deinocheirus!  Unfortunately, its feather crest spoils it for me. :(  There are many extant birds with crests, but there are far more extant birds without one.  Yet CollectA gives almost all their feathered prehistoric figures feather crests, that I almost always find look ugly.  One of the things I find really nice and refreshing about the 2016 CollectA Struthiomimus is that it doesn't have a crest!

I've noticed a lot of CollectA's feathered prehistoric figures have some colours used on both the feathered and scaly/bare parts of the animal.  As far as I've seen it's not common for extant birds to have feathers the exact same colour as their bare/scaly parts, and when it does happen the colours found on both feathers and featherless parts are separated by other colours rather than connecting seamlessly as they do on a number of CollectA figures.  CollectA's new Struthiomimus and Beishanlong don't seem to have colours used for both feathers and bare/scaly parts.  CollectA's new Deinocheirus does though, and so does CollectA's Lythronax, Xiongguanlong, feathered Tyrannosaurus, Bistahieversor and Deluxe Therizinosaurus, and to me it looks really weird on these figures.

Feather crest are a double face coin for me

In the vast majority of feathered dinosaurs they look nice for me...EXCEPT in TYRANNOSAURIDS
I can't stand them, maybe because they "break" the siluette of this carnivores. The feather crest is the main reason I have not bought the feathered Tyrannosaurus

Dinomike

Collecta has outdone itself! Great stuff and lots to look forward to!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Moodyraptor

Beishanlong and Deinocheirus are the must-haves for me.  I like Lythronax a lot too, though I wish it looked a bit more distinct from the feathered rex in colouring (I know the heads etc are different, but the bodies seem to be predominantly the same shade of brown).

Still, I really really love the way CollectA reflects the latest research, and I don't mind if some of their ideas turn out to be speculative, for me dinotoys can be interesting historical objects which reflect a belief of the time.   Can't wait to get my hands on some of these :)

CMIPalaeo

Wow! Collecta has given us Year of the Ornithomimosaurs, and it is glorious!

I'll definitely be getting my hands on that Deinocheirus and Beishanlong, and hopefully the Torvosaurus too. The Thalassomedon and Metriacanthosaurus both look nice but I'll wait to see more pictures of them before deciding. I think I prefer 2015's Tyrannosaurus, but it's awfully big so maybe this new one would be a better buy.

(Also, hi! I'm new here. :) I've kinda crept on the forums for a while and decided it was time to join!)
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

ItsTwentyBelow

Well, hmmmm. Ho-hum. I truly have mixed feelings about CollectA this year, and I think it is mostly due to the fact that they have now completely embraced sticking EVERY one of their bipedal figures on a plastic base.

It really is very unattractive for me to see, and I haven't really realized just how much of a turnoff it is until now. I'm also not convinced that at least some of these new figures on bases will not suffer the ugly warping issues we've seen before. If I'm wrong and they don't have that problem, it would be great and I might eventually pick some of these up, but as it sits I'm really only interested in Mercuriceratops, Thalassomedon, and that wonderful Andrewsarchus, partly because each of them is "free" of the ground.

I'm also disappointed that their resculpt of Deinocheirus does not quite match the old one in size. They matched the paint scheme, why not make it another big bruiser of a figure too? Too bad we didn't get another entry into the supreme line, too. That was the best idea I've seen from a company in years: a series of large scale, well-detailed figures of relatively small animals.

Anyway yeah, in the end, you guys need to find more of a "happy medium" with the ugly bases, CollectA.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Dinomike on November 27, 2015, 05:09:21 PM

I agree that this next year Collecta has outdone himself but unfortunately will no longer make new figures for 2016.

Sim

Sorry, I tried to work out the scale of the new CollectA Deinocheirus by eyeballing it earlier (while taking the given size into consideration), but now that I've done some calculations it does seem like it will be quite a bit smaller than it would be in 1:40 scale.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Sim on November 27, 2015, 07:38:21 PM
Sorry, I tried to work out the scale of the new CollectA Deinocheirus by eyeballing it earlier (while taking the given size into consideration), but now that I've done some calculations it does seem like it will be quite a bit smaller than it would be in 1:40 scale.

The Deluxe Deinocheirus Collecta was huge so I was surprised that not be the new 1:40 scale version was of equal size.

alexeratops

Nice Deinocheirus! Love the feathers and the accurate head shape. Don't really care about Andrew over there, but I'm pretty sure that's still a good model.
like a bantha!

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 27, 2015, 06:40:47 PM
Quote from: Dinomike on November 27, 2015, 05:09:21 PM

I agree that this next year Collecta has outdone himself but unfortunately will no longer make new figures for 2016.

Seriously? How many figures a year do people expect to be put out be a company every year? They are doing about 10 or so--the early-released spinosaurs and tubes notwithstanding. That's already more than anybody else.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: