News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Highland Giant

Started by suspsy, November 10, 2015, 11:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Viking Spawn

Me too.  How interesting.   :o

CityRaptor

That's fascinating. I didn't expect what appears to be a basal Sauropodomorph to be that big.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

pylraster

I've seen some articles about this big triassic critter. Although, as usual, there are unnecessary T.rex comparisons and mentions in that one. Which is absurd since this isn't even a giant theropod in the first place.  ::)

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/dinosaur-larger-than-t-rex-found-on-sa-soil-20151110

Still an impressive find. Would want to see this in toy form too. Maybe CollectA will be the first.

suspsy

Needs a proper name first. Although it would be kind of cool to see "The Highland Giant" printed on the toy's belly.

Would have to be Deluxe-sized.

Also, T. rex comparisons are always going to be inevitable whenever a new dinosaur is discovered. Same as how all other superheroes get compared to Superman.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

By now it is inevitable.  Of course the article got it wrong and used "T-Rex"...and being larger than old Rexy is not that special among  Sauropods.
Oh no

Arioch

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 11, 2015, 03:41:59 PM
By now it is inevitable.  Of course the article got it wrong and used "T-Rex"...and being larger than old Rexy is not that special among  Sauropods.

But highly unusual amongst prosauropods- which I assume this one is. ;)

DinoLord

I remember hearing about this one in the rumour mill over a year ago - nice to see it nearing publication!

CityRaptor

Quote from: Arioch on November 11, 2015, 10:34:53 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on November 11, 2015, 03:41:59 PM

But highly unusual amongst prosauropods- which I assume this one is. ;)

Yes, a basal Sauropodomorph. Although I think it would also be unexpected for an early Sauropod.
Oh no

Viking Spawn

Quote from: suspsy on November 11, 2015, 03:18:51 PM

Also, T. rex comparisons are always going to be inevitable whenever a new dinosaur is discovered. Same as how all other superheroes get compared to Superman.

:P

LophoLeeVT

appearingly, jujing from the graph in the article this dinoasaur is a prosauropod
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.