News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: Scout Series

Started by joossa, November 30, 2015, 01:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

I bet it has something to do with (species) the upcoming Act III: The Challenge - Acrocanthosaurus dio. 

MLMjp

Quote from: Viking Spawn on April 05, 2016, 05:32:20 PM
I bet it has something to do with (species) the upcoming Act III: The Challenge - Acrocanthosaurus dio.

PLEASE NO!!!!!!

That will mean that those Deinonychus will be naked :-[ :-[ And I don´t want that.

I hope is the baby of the Winston raptor. If that´s the baby Deinonychus, not good news....Besides, a baby Deinonychus will be extremely tiny and very difficult to make.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: MLMjp on April 05, 2016, 05:36:50 PM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on April 05, 2016, 05:32:20 PM

PLEASE NO!!!!!!

That will mean that those Deinonychus will be naked :-[ :-[ And I don´t want that.

I hope is the baby of the Winston raptor. If that´s the baby Deinonychus, not good news....Besides, a baby Deinonychus will be extremely tiny and very difficult to make.

Like I said before, aren't hatchlings mostly naked anyway?  So I don't think that would be too inaccurate.  As for scale you mentioned.... Yikes!  That would be tiny wouldn't it?!   :o

empire3569

I agree, I think it would be much too small to be a baby Deinonychus; and by the same token I don't think it will be a baby "Winston" either. Perhaps a future large raptor species like Dakotaraptor?

joossa

It likely won't be the Winston raptor baby since the Scout Series is to correspond to the figures/parents in the 1/35th line.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Viking Spawn on April 05, 2016, 05:57:08 PM
Like I said before, aren't hatchlings mostly naked anyway?  So I don't think that would be too inaccurate.  As for scale you mentioned.... Yikes!  That would be tiny wouldn't it?!   :o

For passerines, parrots, pigeons, etc., sure! But lots of birds are born with full fuzz:

night heron

quail

rhea--its siblings haven't even hatched yet!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

Quote from: Viking Spawn on April 05, 2016, 12:07:08 PM
How cute!  :D   Meet "Breeze."

Maybe we can use the "Breeze" as foundational support for the mother  >:D Help the model stand upright.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Viking Spawn on April 05, 2016, 12:07:08 PM
How cute!  :D   Meet "Breeze."

Wow, these almost look straight out of the Land Before Time... they appear kind of ridiculous next to that adult raptor, the eyes on the baby seem to somehow be bigger than the parent's.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 05, 2016, 08:37:20 PM

For passerines, parrots, pigeons, etc., sure! But lots of birds are born with full fuzz:

I actually like them fuzzy.  But what happened to the poor critter in the middle?  :'(

Mod edit: Please avoid unnecessary quotation of images.

LophoLeeVT

probably to help it stand up..... are both babies the same model or are they differnent models?
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Victoria's Cantina

The left raptor has a head shape similar to their Velociraptor Triplet hatchlings. I wonder if the intent was to do an adult version of those in 1/35 apart from the 1/18 raptor they are also doing.

Fluffysaurus

I love the hatchling birds haha the Heron looks super cute!! well the other one could have Some fuzz too? Also bits of thingies sticking out. And dont think it would be impossible to be a baby Deino. Kaiyodo is small too? How small would a baby deino be?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dinofiel on April 06, 2016, 07:40:27 AM
I love the hatchling birds haha the Heron looks super cute!! well the other one could have Some fuzz too? Also bits of thingies sticking out. And dont think it would be impossible to be a baby Deino. Kaiyodo is small too? How small would a baby deino be?

The Kaiyodo figure is around 1:25, and it's quite small. A 1:35 baby Deinonychus would be the size of a Safari Good Luck Mini. Then again, Rebor has never actually made a 1:35 figure--they've all been too large, as far as I can tell.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bucklander

Quote from: Viking Spawn on April 05, 2016, 09:44:05 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 05, 2016, 08:37:20 PM

I actually like them fuzzy.  But what happened to the poor critter in the middle?  :'(

Mod edit: Please avoid unnecessary quotation of images.

And passerines are the most recently evolved group of birds. They are to birds, what grasses are to Angiosperms or Teleosts to fishes.

Bird young are born in one of two states. They are either precocial (motile, self feeding, open eyed and feathered (with down)) or altricial (non motile, unable to feed themselves, with eyes closed and naked). The more primitive (less derived) groups of birds (ducks and geese (Anseriformes) and Grebes (Gruiformes) being good examples of Neognathous orders and of course too, all of the Paleognaths or (now obsolete term) ratites - ostriches, emus, rheas etc. the most primitive (or if you prefer, morphologically and genetically conservative) of all extant birds) are all precocial at birth, so in all probability, non avian dinosaurian young, would have been too.

Fluffysaurus

My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

MLMjp

Goes to rebor Facebook page......

They are named Stan, which obviously implies that they are the babies of Winston, so it seems like these will be baby JP velociraptor.

What a relief that they are not Deinonychus! ;D

Also this reveals how Winston be colored. I thought that It was going to be dark grey with gold eyes like the egg raptor:

Well, wave 2 is definitely not for me (Unless I decide to buy their Utahraptor, but given how expensive rebor is ....... ::))

joossa

I'm pleasantly surprised by the color scheme of the baby JP-raptor "Stan". Looks pretty cute.

Hazelnut and Melon are up for preorder and looks like they will be available sometime this month. Doh! I just had BBTS ship my pile of loot a couple days ago. I could've waited for these to be added.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Erwinonychus

Yeah they'll cost 17 bucks each. That means here in Holland it will cost me at least 25 euro. I think that will be to much for me to buy it.  >:(

MLMjp

Quote from: Erwinonychus on April 07, 2016, 05:53:28 PM
Yeah they'll cost 17 bucks each. That means here in Holland it will cost me at least 25 euro. I think that will be to much for me to buy it.  >:(

17 dollars plus shipping for each?? :o

They just hit the nail in the coffing with their overpricing!! They are small figures!! >:(

I don´t believe their "unique" factory process cost that much to justify the high prices of their figures. Every big figure of them should cost ten dolars less than they are. These hatchlings should cost just a bit more than the Papo baby T.rex.

Viking Spawn

Got mine on pre-order! 

However, I can't wait to see them alongside their parents!  Which I hope are also released this year!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: