You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Yurgovuchia doellingi, new dromaeosaurid from Utah

Started by Gryphoceratops, May 16, 2012, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

Very cool! :D  Hmmm, increasing tail flexibility with increasing length, I wonder why that is?  I'd would have thought it would be reversed.

Sharptooth

Cool discovery, too bad we don't have the skull of this guy  :(

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

DinoFan45

Quote from: Zopteryx on May 16, 2012, 12:48:53 AM
Very cool! :D  Hmmm, increasing tail flexibility with increasing length, I wonder why that is?  I'd would have thought it would be reversed.

Maybe it was used for balance in an mountain or swamp ecosystem.
"Life will find a way."

ZoPteryx

That's possible.  Maybe it could have also used its flexible tail to act as a rudder while running, like that of a Cheetah.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.