News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 07, 2015, 04:38:31 AM
Quote from: ZaZZU2 on May 07, 2015, 04:18:08 AM
Just wanted to share, I bought a Papo Brachiosaurus a year ago and just loved it. A friend's birthday is coming up so I ordered one for her, to share the love or something. ;D When the new Brachio came, it was 1-2cm taller! Almost tempted to give the smaller, older one as a gift but no.  ^-^ Anyway, the two look good together.

Interesting, Carnegie had a simialr difference with their Brachio between older and newer castings.  Do you have a comparison pic?
Yeah, I want to see too!  ;D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

ZaZZU2

Sorry for the delay, got caught up with reviewing for exams, here are the Papo Brachiosaurus comparison pics.  Sorry for the plastic still being on the other figure, plans on giving it as a gift are still on if barely... ;D

Cheers from the Philippines!

Simon

Well, the original Papo Brach had a neck that was clearly too short, so .... either someone at Papo decided to fix it .... or (more likely) you might have bought a bootleg "Papo" knock-off ....

ZaZZU2

Quote from: Simon on May 09, 2015, 03:49:35 PM
Well, the original Papo Brach had a neck that was clearly too short, so .... either someone at Papo decided to fix it .... or (more likely) you might have bought a bootleg "Papo" knock-off ....

Bootleg?! :o Bought them from the same seller at Amazon, so hopefully not  ^-^

Don B.

From the picture, it appears to me that the shorter one has a more severe curve to it and that if you straightened it a bit, it would be the same height. A little heat and ... voila!

ZaZZU2

Quote from: Don B. on May 09, 2015, 04:09:12 PM
From the picture, it appears to me that the shorter one has a more severe curve to it and that if you straightened it a bit, it would be the same height. A little heat and ... voila!

Hmm... I'll try that :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Don B. on May 09, 2015, 04:09:12 PM

That's what I was looking at too.

I bought mine when it was first released and the neck, I think, shouldn't curve over quite so much.  You could probably bend it into place with a bit of force and no damage and it would let you know if that's the issue.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ZaZZU2 on May 09, 2015, 04:00:56 PM

It can happen, unfortunately.

Also, nice Megazord and Dragonzord in the background there >:D

joossa

Interesting comparison. Do both have the copyright stamp on the bottom of the belly?

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 09, 2015, 04:54:52 PM

I also noticed the drama queen Apatosaurus photo bombed the first picture.  ^__^
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

ZaZZU2

Quote from: joossa on May 10, 2015, 04:36:36 AM
Interesting comparison. Do both have the copyright stamp on the bottom of the belly?

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 09, 2015, 04:54:52 PM

I also noticed the drama queen Apatosaurus photo bombed the first picture.  ^__^

Thanks a lot for the input, guys! I tried the heating suggestion and wouldn't you know it, they ARE the same height!  ;D The neck must have warped a bit in our slightly warm but pleasant weather. Now I can give the other figure with no regrets!

P.S.
The bootleg thing got me concerned so I checked, both have the Papo copyright stamp! WHEW! ;) Oh and those Zords survived the apocalypse known as my teenage years which caused the extinction of many, many toys.  :'(

Thanks again guys!

KeU

I recently got a PAPO Brachiosaurus from Amazon as well. I had doubts on whether my copy is a bootleg. The sculpting isn't as deep and crisp as my other PAPOs. And the paint is more bland as well. It does have the PAPO stamp below...

Raptoress

I was in Toys R Us recently and noticed that the Spinosaurus has got a new paint variation. Anyone else seen this? I'll take pictures next time I'm there. It looks pretty cool.

DinoLord

I haven't seen a new Papo Spinosaurus in ages, but that sounds interesting. Is it drastically different from the original? A picture would be lovely!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Raptoress on May 27, 2015, 11:47:16 PM
I was in Toys R Us recently and noticed that the Spinosaurus has got a new paint variation. Anyone else seen this? I'll take pictures next time I'm there. It looks pretty cool.

Is it a subtle paint variation (darker/lighter contrast) or a complete makeover paint job?

joossa

Raptoress, please take a picture... Very interested in seeing it.

I've seen one at my local tourist shop that was pretty dark. Had an almost blue-ish gray-ish tint. Much darker than the one I have and the ones I have seen in pictures over the years. Looked kind of like this:
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Raptoress

Sorry for the late reply! It's not a complete makeover but there is definitely noticeable differences. A stripe on each side of the face as well as somewhat more colour. It's hard to explain, but I'm going in on Friday, if it's still there I will take some photos.

kreativtek

I bought the Allosaurus earlier today and was surprised to see that it's made of the same low-quality rubber as Papo's Tupuxuara and Apatosaurus. I was hoping it would be made of the same material as the Running T-rex. Can anyone who owns these two confirm?

KeU

Quote from: kreativtek on June 26, 2015, 05:16:37 PM
I bought the Allosaurus earlier today and was surprised to see that it's made of the same low-quality rubber as Papo's Tupuxuara and Apatosaurus. I was hoping it would be made of the same material as the Running T-rex. Can anyone who owns these two confirm?

Rubber??

kreativtek

Yes. It is rubber, isn't it? It feels very different from the material used on the Carnotaurus.

joossa

Quote from: kreativtek on June 26, 2015, 10:30:07 PM
Yes. It is rubber, isn't it? It feels very different from the material used on the Carnotaurus.

Something sounds wrong. They should not have a rubbery feel to them and should all feel generally the same. I saw your collection video and your Allosaurus and Dimetrodon look a little strange to me. Are you sure they are legitimate Papo figures and not bootlegged?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: