News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XCLASSGAMING

Quote from: Dilopho on September 05, 2015, 06:03:40 PM
Quote from: Arul on September 05, 2015, 03:58:52 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on September 05, 2015, 02:08:31 PM
I've been hearing some rumours about Papo making a Kaprosuchus. Does anyone have any information on this?

Wow where did you heard that ? :D
On this very forum. I can't remember the thread....
I have seen that floating around too dunno where though...I think it might be in the 2015/16 wish list threads idk

POP of FAN

I've been hearing some rumours about Papo making a Kaprosuchus. Does anyone have any information on this?

Yeah, it is official. Papo is releasing Kaprosuchus. Maybe next year or if delayed, slightly later, i think?  :)

Remember that it was Papo Korea that announced about feathered velocirpator and Baryonyx?
I directly acquired this info from the exact same source from Papo Korea.

So, it ain't a rumour, folks. Consider it... "confirmed", if you know what i mean. ;)

Arul

Thats cool  :o i mean, just look at papo nile crocodile

tanystropheus

Is Baronyx a 2015 release?

POP of FAN

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 08, 2015, 03:24:27 AM

Given that it was in the PRC factory last May-ish, I would think "highly likely"? :)
Well, would be even better if they release it by the end of this year. :)

Dilopho

Quote from: POP of FAN on September 08, 2015, 02:22:10 AM

Yeah, it is official. Papo is releasing Kaprosuchus. Maybe next year or if delayed, slightly later, i think?  :)

Remember that it was Papo Korea that announced about feathered velocirpator and baryonix?

So, it ain't a rumour, folks. Consider it... "confirmed", if you know what i mean. ;)

I'm not sure if that's entirely good. Papo has a habit of basing their dinos on Sideshow or popular media- and the only Kaprosuchus in popular media is this monstrosity:

But if it's anything like their Nile Crocodiles (and Gharial) then it's probably going to be great. May I ask where you found the information? Where did you hear about it?

POP of FAN

Quote from: Dilopho on September 08, 2015, 05:08:24 PM
Quote from: POP of FAN on September 08, 2015, 02:22:10 AM

Remember that it was Papo Korea that announced about feathered velocirpator and baryonix?

I'm not sure if that's entirely good. Papo has a habit of basing their dinos on Sideshow or popular media- and the only Kaprosuchus in popular media is this monstrosity:

But if it's anything like their Nile Crocodiles (and Gharial) then it's probably going to be great. May I ask where you found the information? Where did you hear about it?

I didn't hear about it, I directly asked Papo Korea about it. :)
and Papo Korea even made a public announcement on Kaprosuchus model on its blog:
http://blog.naver.com/eurofd/220425376171

Hope that helps. :D

tanystropheus

Quote from: POP of FAN on September 08, 2015, 06:30:44 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on September 08, 2015, 03:24:27 AM

Given that it was in the PRC factory last May-ish, I would think "highly likely"? :)
Well, would be even better if they release it by the end of this year. :)

Awesome. I hope it will be a stunner!

SpartanSquat

WOW! A Kaprosuchus! Well beside Kothogasuchus (Yeah looks like Kothoga from the Relic) I think the sculptor will make an own version like Ankylosaurus. The other I think are Iguanodon, Giganotosaurus, Feather Velociraptor and Baryonyx.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: RolandEden on September 09, 2015, 02:36:19 AM
WOW! A Kaprosuchus! Well beside Kothogasuchus (Yeah looks like Kothoga from the Relic) I think the sculptor will make an own version like Ankylosaurus. The other I think are Iguanodon, Giganotosaurus, Feather Velociraptor and Baryonyx.

I hope your correct!  Those are a great list!

POP of FAN

Sorry to break it into you, but Iguanodon and Giganotosaurus are currently under discussion but aren't definitively decided as their next model. (Trust me, I heard it directly from the sculptor. He's just "thinking about" those models.)

On the contrary, [Baryonyx-> feathered raptor and kaprosuchus] is official. I don't know if they will release these three models at the same time next year, but among these three Baryonyx will be the first i believe.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: POP of FAN on September 09, 2015, 09:12:28 AM

Sorry to break it into you, but Iguanodon and Giganotosaurus are currently under discussion but aren't definitively decided as their next model. (Trust me, I heard it directly from the sculptor. He's just "thinking about" those models.)

On the contrary, [Baryonyx-> feathered raptor and kaprosuchus] is official. I don't know if they will release these three models at the same time next year, but among these three Baryonyx will be the first i believe.
Well Giganotosaurus could be one, remember the mini dinosaurs, one is a Giganotosaurus. Probably will be a time exclusive at the end of the year.
And next models...I believe we will see Jurassic World version like Mosasaurus, Apatosaurus, Dimorphodon and Ekrixinatosaurus (Indominus) and more far...probably a Ceratosaurus based in Sideshow one!

KeU

Giganotosaurus unlikely this year or the next as POP of FAN said. But definitely coming in the next few years.
The sculptor (Mr Seo?) did mention that he is pushing to do the Giganotosaurus to Papo in his interview.
Check out the interview here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3437.0
It's in Korean but didusineptus has kindly translated the entire interview to non-korean speaking/reading members.

POP of FAN

Quote from: RolandEden on September 09, 2015, 02:14:35 PM

Well Giganotosaurus could be one, remember the mini dinosaurs, one is a Giganotosaurus. Probably will be a time exclusive at the end of the year.
And next models...I believe we will see Jurassic World version like Mosasaurus, Apatosaurus, Dimorphodon and Ekrixinatosaurus (Indominus) and more far...probably a Ceratosaurus based in Sideshow one!

ALSO asked that question as well.... Since it was made by a different sculptor, when i asked about it he had no idea about the composition of this mini dino tube. ;-)
To my knowledge Papo has as many as 8 sculptors; Mr. Seo being one of them mostly covering Papo's Dinosaur line (excluding two sea creatures and mammoth, and... mini dino tube;)), mutant line, and Felidae line.

POP of FAN

Quote from: POP of FAN on September 09, 2015, 05:24:47 PM
Quote from: RolandEden on September 09, 2015, 02:14:35 PM

ALSO asked that question as well.... Since it was made by a different sculptor, when i asked about it he had no idea about the composition of this mini dino tube. ;-)
To my knowledge Papo has as many as 8 sculptors; Mr. Seo being one of them mostly covering Papo's Dinosaur line (excluding two sea creatures and mammoth, and... mini dino tube;)), mutant line, and Felidae line.

Jetoar

Kaprosuschus will be awesome  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

POP of FAN

My apologies. I've just checked the 'original' source one more time (http://blog.naver.com/eurofd/220371793092), and....
Iguanodon is a go. :D (but he said he's "planning"... so i don't think it will be out next year though... )

POP of FAN

Quote from: KeU on September 09, 2015, 05:15:07 PM
Giganotosaurus unlikely this year or the next as POP of FAN said. But definitely coming in the next few years.
The sculptor (Mr Seo?) did mention that he is pushing to do the Giganotosaurus to Papo in his interview.
Check out the interview here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3437.0
It's in Korean but didusineptus has kindly translated the entire interview to non-korean speaking/reading members.

I don't know who gave you that translation. But that one can be a bit misleading.... :(
It is true that his comment sounds a bit confusing though; can't be quite sure if he WILL sculpt it eventually or will just think about it...
Let me give you a word-by-word translation anyway. So you be the judge. ;)

<Original Text>
"미니공룡제품들과 기가노토사우루스에 관련하여
답변:

미니공룡세트는 제가 조형한 제품들이 아닙니다.
기가노토사우루스는 티라노사우루스와 다른특징이 무엇인지
어떤 특성이 있는지 연구해보고  언제쯤 조형할지 생각해 보도록 하겠습니다."

<Translation>
"As regards mini dino tube and giganotosaurus
Answer:

Mini dino tube is not my work.
And with giganotosaurus, first I will study what different characteristics giganotosaurus has from T-rex, and what characteristics it has. After that, I will think about when I will sculpt this dinosaur."

terrorchicken

when I first saw the Safari kaprosuchus figure online I had never heard of kaprosuchus and thought it was this enormous monstrous t-rex eating croc! I was disappointed to later find out its not a very big animal, quite average sized for a crocodilian.  The safari figure(due to the scale they used) made it seem like its this gigantic monster ala deinosuchus. :))

Patrx

To me, the Wild Safari Kaprosuchus is one of the best mass-produced prehistoric animal figures around. As such, I can't say I'm particularly intrigued by the notion of Papo making their own version. At best, it'll be just as good as something I already have.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: