News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffysaurus

I wouldnt want it to look like the papo spino Too much. Maybe he could be on all fours with a fish!
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

MLMjp

Quote from: Rain on October 19, 2015, 11:23:48 AM
This is probably what the Baryonx will look like, you can decide for yourself whether or not that's a good thing

Oh yes!
In fact when i first heard of the baryonyx I inmediately though about how it would look like, an that one came to my mind
If the actual figure resembles the picture, i will be really pleased, they mentioned that it would be more colorfull, right? This one's colors fit perfectly

Kovu

Csotonyi is a boss! If Papo started taking inspiration from him, those would be some sick figures!

Patrx

This is probably what the Baryonx will look like, you can decide for yourself whether or not that's a good thing

I should say it is, that's one of the designs Julius Csotonyi did :) Goes to show that just because something has the JP mark doesn't mean it's inaccurate.

Viking Spawn

Wow!  Definitely a good thing!  I like it!

DinoG

Count me in!
Run!

Rain

Haha, this'll probably be the only time people are hoping a company copies a "JP dinosaur"(sorta). Looks great in my opinion, I'd definitely pick more than one up if Papo decides to base it off this

suspsy

Look what showed up in my neck of the woods!

Have to say, I'm sorely, sorely tempted. That colour scheme rocks!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Roselaar

Aah, so they're also sold separately? No Raptors available yet?

Where is your neck of the woods, again? Canada, was it?

Ikessauro

What! I thought they would be exclusive and only sold boxed. Anyway, nice to see they are getting more available around the globe. I wish I had the chance to walk in a store and see something like that. At least I would be able to pick the best one, paint wise.

suspsy

Yep, I'm up in Ontario. And yes, the Velociraptor was also in stock.

Rain

Quote from: suspsy on October 21, 2015, 09:29:57 PM

Is that Mastermind toys? I'll have to pay them a visit tomorrow if so  ^-^

suspsy

Quote from: Rain on October 21, 2015, 09:44:44 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 21, 2015, 09:29:57 PM

Is that Mastermind toys? I'll have to pay them a visit tomorrow if so  ^-^

It is indeed Mastermind. Good hunting! :)

CityRaptor

Oh, those are looking nice.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Pachyrhinosaurus

Is this going to be replacing the brown rex or will it end up being limited like the brown running rex? Also is that a scar or a seamline over the antorbital fenestrae.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Meso-Cenozoic

I really like that Papo Rex's new color scheme too! I checked in Mastermind Toys' online store and it's available there, but didn't see the new Raptor. Do they ship down to the States?

http://www.mastermindtoys.com/Papo.aspx?_outline=Theme--t11&RecordsPerPage=60

Rain

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on October 22, 2015, 01:44:58 AM
I really like that Papo Rex's new color scheme too! I checked in Mastermind Toys' online store and it's available there, but didn't see the new Raptor. Do they ship down to the States?

Yes they do, here's a direct quote from them

"MastermindToys.com ships to all destinations in Canada and the continental United States excluding Alaska and APO addresses."

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Rain on October 22, 2015, 01:51:49 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on October 22, 2015, 01:44:58 AM

Yes they do, here's a direct quote from them

"MastermindToys.com ships to all destinations in Canada and the continental United States excluding Alaska and APO addresses."

Oh great! Thanks! :D

BTW, I've been looking for the other pics of the repainted Rex and Raptor, but can't find them. I think I've now looked through all of the newer Papo threads, but no luck. And I know I did see them when they were announced. Does anyone remember where the pics are?

Rain

Not sure which Papo thread has them, but forum user Viking Spawn has an excellent album filled with pictures of the two, here's a link to his thread
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3779.40;topicseen

tyrantqueen

I have zero expectations for the velociraptor, and if it comes out looking like a JP raptor with feathers slapped on, I will not be disappointed. Maybe it will be better than I expect and I will be pleasantly surprised but I doubt it. I am very interested in their other species though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: