News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World - New For 2016

Started by suspsy, January 03, 2016, 04:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

They gave the pterosaur bat wings in 2016?? Is it because it has bat DNA or they did they seriously do that?

sauroid

they just seriously want to annoy us.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

PaleoMatt

If I had kids, I wouldn't get them this trash.

Dinomike

On a more positive note the paintjob on Rexy looks nices than the original. All in all, the best JW models have been the ones that come with the dvd box set. That's in my opinion.  :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Roselaar

It's an improvement over the previous Rex (not in terms of scientific accuracy, obviously), but only a very slight one.

The spikes aren't so bad a hybrid thing as I feared this would turn out to be (almost looks like a feathered T-Rex). The paint job looks okay, but let's face it, it won't look as great on the final product (as happened with the regular JW line). The most interesting thing for me is the electronics added: usually it's the other way around, electronics get taken out of the original figure for a repaint/retool. D'you think they intended the Chomping Rex to be electronic at first, perhaps? I also like how they disguise the sound holes as scratches, even though that makes me think Hasbro really is desperate for applying dino damage where none is required or desired.

stargatedalek

I'm hoping they did something about the screw holes, something that simple could honestly save this line.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Dinomike on January 03, 2016, 09:22:59 AM
On a more positive note the paintjob on Rexy looks nices than the original. All in all, the best JW models have been the ones that come with the dvd box set. That's in my opinion.  :)
Unless Bandai does SH MonsterArts of the dinos, you're probably right.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

CityRaptor

That would be fantastic. And rather expensive.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Meso-Cenozoic

I had seen this one around the internet too. But I don't understand what the Rex is a hybrid with? I don't see it listed on the box either. Any guesses?

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on January 03, 2016, 07:45:53 PM
I had seen this one around the internet too. But I don't understand what the Rex is a hybrid with? I don't see it listed on the box either. Any guesses?
A cactus.

CityRaptor

Apparently a Devilsaur: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Devilsaur

Can one of the mods please merge the two threads?
Oh no

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 03, 2016, 08:13:42 PM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on January 03, 2016, 07:45:53 PM
A cactus.

YES! LOL!! They don't give how they made it in that Devilsaur link either. So I'm going with cactus too. >:D

Arul

Oh man...hybrid with an amargasaurus maybe

laticauda

In 2015, I decided to spend a few dollars (on sale items) for the JW line of toys.  Even thought the are not the best toys, I looked past their faults, got into the JW spirit and found some of them to be ok.  For the 2016 hybrids, I think I'll spend nothing on a line up of toys that Hasbro has spent very little time or originality on. 

I also find you tying the hybrid T-Rex to the noble and wonderful Cacti just shameful.  The cactus deserves better. :D

CityRaptor

Oh no

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

personally i think the JW line was terrible and now there adding spikes on the t-rex!? there turning our favorite dinosaurs into hybrids vicious creatures that do nothing but kill do we really want them to do that? there Jurassic world figures were already mostly terrible (not all but some ) and now there making the same figures only customized with a few spikes and sound effects honestly think hasbro is lazy and we would be in much better hands with kenner
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

CityRaptor

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth. "

In a way Hasbro is just doing that. And Kenner did it before:
http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/chaos-effect/index.htm
As you can see their T.rex is just a repaint of an earlier mold. Of course it is a far better mold than what Hasbro put out, but that is not the point.

It's a tragedy that Hasbro shut down Kenner.
Oh no

Nobs

HA!  That T-rex in the link above looks like a devilsaur form world of warcraft!

CityRaptor

Already pointed out. Guess that is good for people who wanted a Devilsaur toy
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: